Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #31
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one

aschon did he have his blue rims on that day? they're essential to his twin charged centrifugal forced induction system

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:59 PM   #32
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
I suggest you have someone fight this for you in court, there's a very good chance they can win.

15 and less over = fine (45 i think) 0 demerit points
30 and less over = fine (75 i think) and 3 demerit points
my ticket was for $115 and i got 3 points taken off.....who would u suggest? x-coppers?
*Luv_it* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #33
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Send a message via MSN to 1BADRIDE
Take it from someone who has a LOT of experience with tickets and insurance companies...

1. Go to the appointment. See what the offer is. If it's no points and it's your ONLY ticket and you can afford the $ amount for the fine, DO IT. Do not get any more tickets after that (or for at least 3 years). This is strike ONE and with most if not all insurance companies, you have 2 left before you get stuck in facility.

2. If the deal is NG, then don't say much and just request a trial. ENTER A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY. Once the date is set, go in and explain that you live on your own, work and are going to school and that you have not accumulated enough funds to retain a proper defense. Explain that you will need another 6 months to save up the funds required to RETAIN a defense lawyer. Also mention that this is your FIRST ticket ever and you have never been through this before. 99.9% chance you will be granted the extension. At this time, go and hire an X-COPPER guy and explain you want to stall the situation. He will go in and request a further delay as they have "just been retained" and will require time for disclosure. This can buy you up to another 6 months. After the 1 year period has passed, you can apply to have the case dismissed. Since it is your FIRST ticket, they may let you off.

Other scenarios:

Cop doesn't show = dismissed case
You agree to a reduced charge and pay up after the appointment = no change in insurance or anything. Your rating will go down slightly but it does not mean an increase in insurance premiums.

Check your policy - it will state the QUANTITY of tickets you are allowed to have on your record before you will be automatically dumped into a facility policy. TD Insurance is 4 tickets or more and you get dumped into facilty (hence my earlier comment about 3 strikes).

Don't panic, it's only ONE ticket. If you get 2 more, you're screwed.

Drive safe!

Rahul

Last edited by 1BADRIDE; 02-01-2006 at 01:29 PM.
1BADRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #34
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Here is my last insurance renewal on my 2002 Z/06 after I got dumped by TD for having 4 tickets ranging from 10km/hr over to 15km/hr over NONE OF THEM REDUCED and no points issued at all:

My rate previously was $245/month for that car with TD with 1 ticket of 10km/hr over, no points.

EDIT: LMAO - I just realized the renewal date was 9-11.... disaster day indeed!

Last edited by 1BADRIDE; 02-01-2006 at 01:30 PM.
1BADRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #35
propr'one
op sucks cock

so you pay 10 THOUSAND dollars a year for insurance? what is facility insurance exactly

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 02-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #36
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member

[quote=1BADRIDE]Here is my last insurance renewal on my 2002 Z/06 after I got dumped by TD for having 4 tickets ranging from 10km/hr over to 15km/hr over NONE OF THEM REDUCED and no points issued at all:

the thing is...i wouldnt have been so worried since this is my first ticket...but my dad received a ticket almost like two yrs ago...and it was his first ticket and hes been driving for 34yrs......the thing is...i think he was going 80 in a 60 zone...and they took off 4 demerit points(this also happened on his way to wasaga..lol...like father like daughter)....neways he went to go fight it and they lowered it to 3points i think...he told me the insurance company has let it go but if we received another ticket it would go up....now...seeing how my dad hates the way i drive..lol...hes warned me not to get a ticket...sOOo im trying to get rid of it without him knowing..lol....
Old 02-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #37
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

2 tickets and you're still fine. The ticket your father got will be gone in another year and off the record. Do you share the same vehicle? If so, it will count as 2 tickets on the record, but keep in mind most insurance companies look at each INDIVIDUAL driver... therefore you will each have ONE strike.

Check your policy to confirm. It should be 1 to 8 pages long depending on how small the font is, and RARELY does anyone read the fine print.

READ IT!

Proprone: I paid $10K for ONE car (the Z/06) for ONE year. I got fed up of that real quick and sold the car. I also got rid of the 740, 540, 330, and my 2nd gen RX-7 project car. I still have my '88 stang (loaned to my friend) and '92 stang (current project 99% completed) and my E30 (winter beater). My wife kept the '05 Caravan SE/DVD as the family taxi.

Considering now that I have no debt, I'm a real happy camper.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #38
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschon
your car can even hit 160??

I was in my buddies civic once on the highway and I think I saw you and your car.. you have diff shittier rims right? You had a couple buddies in your car and you thought you were cool down shifting on my buddies stock 90 civic hatch.. you are a loser.
#1) probably not me.

#2) if it was.. we were having some fun relax.

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #39
vertakul
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
#1) probably not me.

#2) if it was.. we were having some fun relax.
i think it was you.. blue rims sound REAL familar.. haha..

yah whatever man no biggie, I just don't understand why a vr6 jetta would try picking on a 20yr old rusted stock civic with a pee shooter exhaust coming out the back.
vertakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #40
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschon
i think it was you.. blue rims sound REAL familar.. haha..

yah whatever man no biggie, I just don't understand why a vr6 jetta would try picking on a 20yr old rusted stock civic with a pee shooter exhaust coming out the back.

us VW drivers have insecurity issues.

A~G

Old 02-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #41
A~G
Car Payment Free

p.s. ... next time say hi !

A~G

Old 02-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #42
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member

p.s. stop chatting on my thread ...if you want to chat start ur own thread...ahahah...j/k
Old 02-02-2006, 12:48 AM   #43
propr'one
op sucks cock

Rahul, no, my dad drive a 1995 plymouth voyager. BOOYAKASHA. people rarely believe it, but the bmw's actually mine, not his

how long do moving violations take to be taken off your record?

Old 02-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #44
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
They stay on ur record foever but 3 yrs till they can't be used against you for insurence.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:03 AM   #45
propr'one
op sucks cock

stupid dad, rolling stop in his big red van. my 3 strikes should be 3 speeding tickets at 159 KM/H each!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: