Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 11:16 PM   #16
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: unionville
Posts: 588


how does the delaying thing work.....if i dont show and i have a friend come with me or something dont i have to show some type of proof that i couldnt make it...and cant they still prosecute me if i dont show
*Luv_it* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:17 PM   #17
kidneykill
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 353
A~G my coworker went down to city hall for her speeding ticket trial.. she walked in and the cop was in full uniform making deals with everyone... her friend got her trial rescheduled.
kidneykill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:18 PM   #18
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Luv_it*
how does the delaying thing work.....if i dont show and i have a friend come with me or something dont i have to show some type of proof that i couldnt make it...and cant they still prosecute me if i dont show
you must reschedule .. and keep rescheduling...and keep rescheduicine@ling



and keep doing that.. and then go in one day.
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #19
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneykill
A~G my coworker went down to city hall for her speeding ticket trial.. she walked in and the cop was in full uniform making deals with everyone... her friend got her trial rescheduled.

just recently? ... I know the last ticket I went in for... I had to check in first thing ... @ the front... inside the courtroom to try to work out a deal with the crown... I pleaded GUILTY w/explanation... anyways.. the officer(s) were called in AFTER I was asked to plead guilty/notguilty...
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 PM   #20
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: unionville
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
you must reschedule .. and keep rescheduling...and keep rescheduicine@ling



and keep doing that.. and then go in one day.
wont they get pissed and just give me the fine.....i cant keep wasting their time like that.....i dunno if this will work....shit im dead
*Luv_it* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 PM   #21
kidneykill
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 353
Work letter stating she had to attend an annual trade show in New York. Her court date was 11 months after her date of infraction.
kidneykill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:34 PM   #22
kidneykill
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 353
Her trial was last week, she noticed 1. that everyone was offered deals of no points, just a reduced fine (note end of month, govt needs the money) 2. they were trying to clear as many cases as possible without having to go to the judge (time constraints) 3. her cop had tons of tickets to deal with during her time period (this was the day they scheduled all his speeding tickets)
kidneykill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:34 PM   #23
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: unionville
Posts: 588
adam wasnt it you that said 1500 ppl got a ticket that same long weeknd how the hell did i receive my notice so fast....alia got one on steeles and it didnt show up until like a year later...and that was on a normal day...wtf this is so not cool
*Luv_it* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:37 PM   #24
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: unionville
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneykill
Her trial was last week, she noticed 1. that everyone was offered deals of no points, just a reduced fine (note end of month, govt needs the money) 2. they were trying to clear as many cases as possible without having to go to the judge (time constraints) 3. her cop had tons of tickets to deal with during her time period (this was the day they scheduled all his speeding tickets)
so did she still have to pay a fine or did it get passed off...because alot of ppl received tickets the same day i did...do they go by time or last name when calling you up...cause im screwed for both...i received my ticket at like 830am going to my cottage plus my last name starts with an A...sOoooo im screwed right?
*Luv_it* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #25
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,208
lol jeez you guys ever hear of PM or the phone?

Well whether or not your ticket gets thrown out, it won't hurt you to go to the appointment with the prosecutor. If you don't like the deal you're offered, just say no and then you can renew your hope to have it thrown out when you finally get a court date. It is true that whatever the prosecutor does, they won't forgive you the infraction so whatever they reduce it to, insurance will see it. But if it's minor enough it won't affect your rate much. If they refuse to lower it sufficiently, higher the most expensive lawyer you can find.... or move to BC where traffic tickets don't affect your insurance rate.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:50 AM   #26
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,776
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
WHAT!?! TRAFFIC TICKETS DONT AFFECT YOUR INSURANCE...

/propr`one can't finish this sentence because he's currently driving to BC
__________________
I run a canadian HID kit company, if you have any questions about hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #27
dropped_E30
6th Gear Member
 
dropped_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: sauga
Posts: 1,341
take BigD's advice, go to the appointment and hear the deal they wanna make to you. if you dont like it then book a trial, and of course there will be the chance of the cop not showing up. remember that any infraction will show up on your insurance record, regardless of points involved....whether they raise your rates or not depends on the insurance company.

now if you choose to book a trial, when you go for the trial, remember to ask for an adjournment, say some shit like "my legal advisor could not attend due to personal matters" and keep asking for an adjournment at each successive trial. trust me thats wat i did to alleviate my "disobey stop sign" ticket. they will not get pissed off and just nail you with the fine out of contempt or something, so dont worry.

the more you put it off, the higher your chances of the cop not showing up...of course if you dont see your cop there at the initial trial date then plead not guilty and it'll get thrown out.

outta curiosity, wat exactly was the speeding ticket for? 15, 30 km over the limit...?
__________________
PAST: 89 e30 325is
PRESENT: 05 civic LX coupe
FUTURE: anything with more than 115 HP

Last edited by dropped_E30; 02-01-2006 at 12:08 PM.
dropped_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #28
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: unionville
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropped_E30
take BigD's advice, go to the appointment and hear the deal they wanna make to you. if you dont like it then book a trial, and of course there will be the chance of the cop not showing up. remember that any infraction will show up on your insurance record, regardless of points involved....whether they raise your rates or not depends on the insurance company.

now if you choose to book a trial, when you go for the trial, remember to ask for an adjournment, say some shit like "my legal advisor could not attend due to personal matters" and keep asking for an adjournment at each successive trial. trust me thats wat i did to alleviate my "disobey stop sign" ticket. they will not get pissed off and just nail you with the fine out of contempt or something, so dont worry.

the more you put it off, the higher your chances of the cop not showing up...of course if you dont see your cop there at the initial trial date then plead not guilty and it'll get thrown out.

outta curiosity, wat exactly was the speeding ticket for? 15, 30 km over the limit...?
apparently i was going 23 over on a 50...plus there was a hill but i really dont think i was going that fast...like ive gone to wasaga enough times to know never to speed on a long weeknd...and this guy was tailgating me from behind...i was trying to slow down so he could pass me because i had other cars following me to my cottage...and i explained this to the cop but he was trying to show off to his lady partner...that asshole ....im convinced that he radar the other guy's car as soon as i changed lanes...and just pointed me out because the other guy made a sharp turn as soon as the cop came out and stopped me
*Luv_it* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #29
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,776
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I suggest you have someone fight this for you in court, there's a very good chance they can win.

15 and less over = fine (45 i think) 0 demerit points
30 and less over = fine (75 i think) and 3 demerit points
__________________
I run a canadian HID kit company, if you have any questions about hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #30
vertakul
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
whhhaaateeverrr.
your car can even hit 160??

I was in my buddies civic once on the highway and I think I saw you and your car.. you have diff shittier rims right? You had a couple buddies in your car and you thought you were cool down shifting on my buddies stock 90 civic hatch.. you are a loser.
__________________
CURRENT - 1998 M3 cab -- estoril blue/white leather
'02 rsx type-s -- arctic blue pearl/black leather. (SOLD)
'89 240sx fastback - (GONE)
vertakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015