Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #61
vertakul
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
^^^so do I JAY LENO'S ............hehehhe...
I seriously don't comprehend a word you say 99% of the time.
vertakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #62
vertakul
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyL
aschon, dont you get the point man?

read spooner's post. read what i keep saying.

we like our BMW's. we like the final result of taking an E36 and doing what we wanna do to it. we arent trying to find a car that we can mod up to sub-14 times at the 1/4 mile.

so, just take your unkind words, and leave this thread alone.

thank you. bye bye.
I'm glad you like your BMW. I like BMW's as well.. that's not the point here.. I didnt ask if you loved your car, if you hated your car.. This thread is nto about BMW's in general.. it's about his 14.5 pass that is not very impressive and most ppl are gauking over.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #63
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

JAY LENO owns a FORD FESTIVE with a mid mounted SHO in it, and it on booooost.............that what I was saying....
Old 02-01-2006, 11:46 PM   #64
vertakul
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
JAY LENO owns a FORD FESTIVE with a mid mounted SHO in it, and it on booooost.............that what I was saying....
haha yah right, that's cool.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:59 AM   #65
superman123
slushbox champion

ummm lets pull up some facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschon
I am discussing how those times are not very impressive, I can run the same times with a CAI and pulleys!!!! (300$)
lets see im not putting down honda's (my buddies drive honda's ) its just that facts basically needs to be proven ...and seeing this is a beemer forum ill just prove your statement to be incorrect
here's the facts

2002 Acura RSX Type S - I4 2.0L (200 hp) 6M + ABS 7.30 15.71 93.80 152

97 BMW M3 2-door coupe - I6 3.2L (240 hp) 5M + ABS 5.82 14.34 100.60 125
(stats is from msn.com auto section )results may vary

u might ask yourself why compare those two
here's the thing both go for about $16 000

lets see acura -cai =140(with k&n ) pulley's=250 =+- 20hp
acura now runs 15.5 or 4 ($500)
headers =300 -chip =200 =+- 30hp
now its running about 15
with about 1000bucks
and u need to get atleast another 40-50 horses to get close to the stock m3

so basically bang for the buck ...acura or m3 ....ask any acura guy he would take a m3 over an acura any time
unless your a die heart acura fan
fact is better then fiction

and then after the straight line issues has been sorted out (chapter closed )
u get off the 1/4 and put it on the real track stock against stock
well u dont need to wonder about that one....every body knows that outcome

so hope that will put everybody to rest and we can move on and not wonder why someone with an acura would want to disagree with a bunch of beemer guys on their own turf ....u dont see one of us going on the acura forums and go poop on their lawn

everything aside not to attack u or anything ...just saying bring some 1/4 slips and show us that with 300bucks u can do what u say u can do
i would take my hat off if u can

(the following post is subject to change )all rights reserved

Last edited by superman123; 02-02-2006 at 01:04 AM.
superman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #66
vertakul
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman123
lets see im not putting down honda's (my buddies drive honda's ) its just that facts basically needs to be proven ...and seeing this is a beemer forum ill just prove your statement to be incorrect
here's the facts

2002 Acura RSX Type S - I4 2.0L (200 hp) 6M + ABS 7.30 15.71 93.80 152

97 BMW M3 2-door coupe - I6 3.2L (240 hp) 5M + ABS 5.82 14.34 100.60 125
(stats is from msn.com auto section )results may vary
First off, these times are wrong. I can't speak on the M3 stats, but the 2002 RSX-S runs 15.1-15.2 bone stock, not 15.7.

Quote:
u might ask yourself why compare those two
here's the thing both go for about $16 000
I hope you are talking american prices or something.

Quote:
lets see acura -cai =140(with k&n ) pulley's=250 =+- 20hp
acura now runs 15.5 or 4 ($500)
headers =300 -chip =200 =+- 30hp
now its running about 15
with about 1000bucks
and u need to get atleast another 40-50 horses to get close to the stock m3
okay so by your math, I'm going to need 300hp in my rsx-s just to be even with a stock E36 m3? what are you on? 300hp in my car and proper tire/suspension setup to put the power down and I'm in 12's smoking E46 m3's daily.

Quote:
so basically bang for the buck ...acura or m3 ....ask any acura guy he would take a m3 over an acura any time
unless your a die heart acura fan
fact is better then fiction
Nobody is comparing prices of the cars, we are comparing cars that run the same stock times and then how they each respond to mods.. well I am anyways.. so I'm not sure what you're getting at. If the arguement is as broad as you make it.. might as well grab a bubble back and boost a b18c5 and smoke everything.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:46 AM   #67
Zim Zimma
3rd Gear Member

Ok lets update those numbers for superman123

2002 Acura RSX Type-S....0-60:6.7........1/4: 15.2 @92.7mph

with an additional 100hp....I highly doubt youd be in the 12second range...but I could be wrong...
Zim Zimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #68
superman123
slushbox champion

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...IP&tab=2&sub=0

okay look at the torque 140 ummmm thats almost 100lb-ft less then the m3
the prises is off the auto trader is canadian moola
like i said results may vary
okay even if it runs a 15.1 how much horse power /torque do u think u would need to get to 14.5...
and like i also said SHOW ME SLIPS AND ILL BELEAVE U ...
what ive seen at the track ...a guy with a 300hp civic sir with about 220lb-ft of torque ran a 14 flat...okay maybe not the best driver but still thats pritty far from 12's

and a stock m3 runs about 14 ...i know i know ...just used those stats in msn auto to causing a ruckes

but seriously now getting back to the guys first post
he's only running 227 hp
so take your car put 27 extra horses in it take it to the track
and then u bring your slip and then we can argue some more
untill then zip it or go voice your oppinion on the acura forum where people actually care about a piontless oppinion
not saying your oppinion doesnt matter ....just not in this case
sorry but true

Last edited by superman123; 02-02-2006 at 03:03 AM.
superman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #69
vertakul
6th Gear Member

Quote:
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...IP&tab=2&sub=0

okay look at the torque 140 ummmm thats almost 100lb-ft less then the m3
the prises is off the auto trader is canadian moola
like i said results may vary
okay even if it runs a 15.1 how much horse power /torque do u think u would need to get to 14.5...
and like i also said SHOW ME SLIPS AND ILL BELEAVE U ...
what ive seen at the track ...a guy with a 300hp civic sir with about 220lb-ft of torque ran a 14 flat...okay maybe not the best driver but still thats pritty far from 12's

and a stock m3 runs about 14 ...i know i know ...just used those stats in msn auto to causing a ruckes

but seriously now getting back to the guys first post
he's only running 227 hp
so take your car put 27 extra horses in it take it to the track
and then u bring your slip and then we can argue some more
untill then zip it or go voice your oppinion on the acura forum where people actually care about a piontless oppinion
not saying your oppinion doesnt matter ....just not in this case
sorry but true

Yes my car has 100lb-ft less torque but we all know hondas dont need torque to move... my car is also 2,800lbs.. how much is an m3? and I'm not even going to argue this.. an M3 is better in everyway.. I would of bought one if I could afford one with a factory warranty (basically taht limits me to E46 and way out of my price range at the time).. and uhm, 300hp sir that couldn't break 14's? hahah was it an 8yr old driving it?? give me a break. And yes 300whp in my car will definitely put me in the 12's.. CAI/exhaust/hondata#4/headers will put me in high 13s with a GOOD driver.. I emphasize GOOD because otherwise the car is low 14's and that probably wont give me more than 230whp, if I'm lucky..
Old 02-02-2006, 11:54 AM   #70
BennyL
7th Gear Member

ok, i still dont think you get the point... we arent into acuras or hondas man.

you said it yourself. if everybody wanted to run ridiculous times at the 1/4 mile track, and didnt care what car they were doing it in, everyone would toss a boosted b18c5 in a car that weighs as much as a miata. done. arent you seeing the redundace of your argument?

each type of car is good in its own way. and each type of person wants to do what they like. PERIOD.

just give it up, and stop pooping on our lawn, as superman123 said.

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #71
vertakul
6th Gear Member

I think you're braindead man.. the whole point is..
this.. thread.. was.. made.. to.. display..his..1/4..mile..time..with..his..mods..
A L R I G H T?
so i responded and said, THOSE TIMES ARE NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL.. you are the one taking this into a whole different arguement, expressining your love for your slushbox 318.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #72
Zim Zimma
3rd Gear Member

300 WHP yes most likely 12's-13's...300 crank hp I Doubt it.....With basic bolt on's I also doubt youll see 300 WHEEL HP.
Zim Zimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #73
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
aschon

This is just going into pointless circles. you say his time isnt impressive. For a bmw with the very few mods hes done that is pretty damn good in my book. and as i have said about 100 times here already, you are comparing apples and oranges. You are talking about 2 totally different cars. a bmw e36 was never really made with the intent that we are implying to them. They were ment as a luxury car with a bit of a sport ride to them. good power good handling never intended to be moded. Take your acura. Made by honda, designed to be fast and sporty and easily upgradable with low cost. a car like that is made to be highly responsive to those kind of upgrades a bmw isnt really.

And as has been said time and time again, we CHOSE bmw's and we chose our mods to suit our needs. Not everyone here is out to have full out race cars, some people on here want just good looks and sound and thats all they care about, others want to turn their car into full blown track cars. Not everyone here wants the same exact results.

You cant just come on here and say everyone wants to be super fast and we are all wasting our time and money. I dont see anything i do to my car to be a waste. I know its going to cost me some money to make my car nice and fast, but in all honesty i dont care because its the car i want and the car i choose to make as fast as i can with my budget.

I know my car wont really be fast till i supercharge it, and that will cost me a few grand, but shit i dont care, thats my money my choice, its what i want to see and do, and frankly i dont give a rats behind what anyone else says. Its my choice, and frankly no matter how fast any honda or acura is, id rather have my car (the only exception is the acura nsx).

I was never really implying that hondas are crap, i simply stated if i wanted a cheap car that i could put little money in and see the most bang for the buck id get a honda, but honestly id rather keep my luxury sport sedan and make it fast enough to kick the crap out of any car no matter what the cost.

But thats just me. You really need to start reading the posts and comprehending them instead of just reading them ignoring them and then arguing more. Alot of good points have been made, 99% of them almost exactly the same as what i have said time and time again yet you dont seem to grasp the concept.

here is the summary, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND LIKES A DIFFERENT CAR FOR WHATEVER REASON, THEY THEN CHOOSE TO MOD OR NOT TO MOD THE CAR OF THEIR CHOICE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO FOR WHATEVER REASONS SUIT THEM PERSONALLY. EVERYONE DOES WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE WHATEVER RESULTS THEY WANT, WHETHER ITS COSMETIC OR MECHANICAL.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:53 AM   #74
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

ok here's my full list of mods

E36 328is M52: 3.15 LSD, M50 Manifold , Fan Delete Mod Kit, M3 Catback, Stock Airbox Debaffle + K&N, Clears, 97+ Front Nose/Grill upgrade (AWESOME UPGRADE!!), Zimmermann Crossdrilled Rotors + PBR Axxis Ultimate Ceramic Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, OEM HID retrofit w/ 6000K bulbs, X-Brace...

and a pic (no my oil on ground, thanks to dad's 300SD project car)

anyways .. i'm looking to get into 14.3 with these mods .. i need to control the wheelspin... i'm certainly not the best driver .. if one of those magazine guys were to run my car i'm sure they'll run sub 14.3

The ONE and ONLY TRUE ///M3:
E36 ///M3 GTR
328is_Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:55 AM   #75
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

oh also cams and software added on will be about 225whp (with crank pulley installed) ... looking forward to do that then a good exhaust system .. maybe 230whp will be good ... theres someone on bimmerforums with 236whp with those mods ... 2.8 M52's are awesome!

The ONE and ONLY TRUE ///M3:
E36 ///M3 GTR
328is_Perf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: