Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Go Karting with Ottawa BMWCC

Check this out guys..could be fun...Feb 12th and March 12th...

http://bmwccottawa.org/cgi-bin/yabb/...num=1134347585

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
oldskool3
4th Gear Member

Are any max guys planning on going to this. Looks like it could be some fun
oldskool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
next weekend eh? i will have to see but i may be able to come out to see you guys since i know i said i would.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

^^^I am down if you go out there SEAN.....let me know ok......
Old 02-08-2006, 05:26 AM   #5
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
damn i just noticed that this is the same date as the e90 meet this sunday, i will try and arrange to come out on the 12th of march

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool3
Are any max guys planning on going to this. Looks like it could be some fun
I can't make it, but I'd just like to take this opportunity to say "hi" to all the Ottawa yokels.

So how y'all doin'??
Old 02-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
I can't make it, but I'd just like to take this opportunity to say "hi" to all the Ottawa yokels.

So how y'all doin'??
you really want to know how I'm doing? Crappy! This is the first winter I have my car stored away, and I am going through withdrawl!!! I don't know how you guys do it. I need summer now! All I can think of is driving the e30, I drove an e46 for a couple of weeks, and it just wasn't the same, and wasn't nearly as fun as the e30.

So I'll be better when summer is back. But other than all that I'm good

How about you?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #8
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Same here, I got a 96 Ford Contour as a winter beater....feels like I'm driving a bus....it sucks....My folks are going away for 5 weeks in March so I gotta snow blow in front of the tempo and take my baby out and start working on her, got some crap to do before spring.....
My son just turned 1 on the 28th, man time flys.....

Adam: soon enough man, welcome to the non-bmw winters. Trust me when you take your car out in the spring, you'll jizz in your shorts, it's like where have you been all my life? lol.....

Old 02-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar318is
Same here, I got a 96 Ford Contour as a winter beater....feels like I'm driving a bus....it sucks....My folks are going away for 5 weeks in March so I gotta snow blow in front of the tempo and take my baby out and start working on her, got some crap to do before spring.....
My son just turned 1 on the 28th, man time flys.....

Adam: soon enough man, welcome to the non-bmw winters. Trust me when you take your car out in the spring, you'll jizz in your shorts, it's like where have you been all my life? lol.....
I know what you mean....It's gonna be like driving a new car come spring

I've got some brand new parts to get in before spring too. Can't wait!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius_e30
you really want to know how I'm doing? Crappy! This is the first winter I have my car stored away, and I am going through withdrawl!!! I don't know how you guys do it. I need summer now! All I can think of is driving the e30, I drove an e46 for a couple of weeks, and it just wasn't the same, and wasn't nearly as fun as the e30.

So I'll be better when summer is back. But other than all that I'm good

How about you?
Yeah, E30 withdrawal is a bummer. April first is coming fast though. I traded in my old beater Integra and got a barely-used 2002 Protégé5 for daily driving, so it's a bit more fun (and less stressful ) this year. I was really pushing my luck with the Integra. The week before I traded it in, it had burnt 1 litre of oil. Yes, in a week. I felt bad for the people who were following me.

As for us, we're all okay now. As I said in Striker's thread in the E30 section, Bob Jr. ended up in the hospital on the morning of the 24th of December. We went to CHEO's emergency room at 7 AM and by 10:15 AM, he was on the operating table for an emergency appendectomy. There were complications (the appendix had ruptured a bit) and he ended up staying there until the 30th. So we had a "different" Christmas. But it's all good. He's okay now and that's all that matters. The services we got at CHEO were outstanding. Sleeping on those crappy hospital chairs wasn't, though. But they had Speed Channel, so we had good t.v. to pass the time.

Tony, 1 year old already?? Dayum! Enjoy these moments, man. He will grow up fast.

And Adam, what's the new job? If you can say, of course. And what mods are you planning for your car?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #11
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
Yeah, E30 withdrawal is a bummer. April first is coming fast though. I traded in my old beater Integra and got a barely-used 2002 Protégé5 for daily driving, so it's a bit more fun (and less stressful ) this year. I was really pushing my luck with the Integra. The week before I traded it in, it had burnt 1 litre of oil. Yes, in a week. I felt bad for the people who were following me.

As for us, we're all okay now. As I said in Striker's thread in the E30 section, Bob Jr. ended up in the hospital on the morning of the 24th of December. We went to CHEO's emergency room at 7 AM and by 10:15 AM, he was on the operating table for an emergency appendectomy. There were complications (the appendix had ruptured a bit) and he ended up staying there until the 30th. So we had a "different" Christmas. But it's all good. He's okay now and that's all that matters. The services we got at CHEO were outstanding. Sleeping on those crappy hospital chairs wasn't, though. But they had Speed Channel, so we had good t.v. to pass the time.

Tony, 1 year old already?? Dayum! Enjoy these moments, man. He will grow up fast.

And Adam, what's the new job? If you can say, of course. And what mods are you planning for your car?
Glad to hear you son is alright Al. Must have been really horrible. Especially that close to christmas. Hopefully he is all set to come on the cruises this summer

As for the new job, I'm still working for the same company, but I got a promotion. I am now the Implementation coordinator for our North American division. It's a lot more responsibility, but I am really enjoying it so far, and it should get me out of the traveling aside from an ocational trip here and there. Plus I got a nice new office

I don't have anything too crazy lined up for the car, but I did buy a set of front/rear sway bars that are just waiting to go in, including urethane bushings. I also bought one of EuroStyle's rear valences (same as Sly), that is also waiting to be painted and installed. On top of that, not much else. Although this long winter has me thinking more and more about a possible Turbo setup...but I'm still on the fence about that one, since I really want to keep the reliability of the NA setup....ah decisions decisions.

Just can't wait until the spring cruise.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:13 PM   #12
The Sly
5th Gear Member

Hey guys
Sly here, I was reading your posts and made me remember when i was driving my E30 all summer long and i had to put it away for the winter..
Man that was bad, but the best part of it all ...as you guys said ...When you take it out in the spring, it feels like a new car and WOW..It was worth the wait...
You kind of appreciate more and really take care of it like a new toy..

Hey Adam that rear valance is gone look good on your E30.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:34 PM   #13
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Coooooool!! A "Sly" sighting! Those are rare these days!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #14
chromius
6th Gear Member

Sly good to see you around! I hope this means you are going to bring the vert out to some meets this summer
Old 02-17-2006, 08:33 AM   #15
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Yeah Sly common man I know you want too....

Adam: It's days like today that you appreciate your car being stored.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: