Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #61
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Ab
BIG D - Well well well, such wording, are you trying to lecture me or impress me with your words?Diatribe...childish drivel...please, spare me. You just added another few paragraphs to why I know deep down inside that you are completely full of ignorance, idiocy and perhaps some sort of sociological problems.
Yeah, it's called the English language. Impress you with words? Not at all. If anything goes over your head then perhaps you should refrain from replying before receiving qualified assistance. Angry and stupid is no way to go through life. BTW that's one paragraph. I won't bother with the rest, exactly what I expected.

Quote:
Are you dating a cop? Did you get kicked out of police college?
Nope.

Quote:
One of my best friends is a police officer,the father of my ex-girlfriend that I dated for four years was a staff sargeant on the regional force, and I am actually friends with a number of other police officers and detectives. They not only belong to the regional force but also the OPP and RCMP. And from the discussions I've had with many of them over the years, they will be the first to admit that they can't believe the number of their co-workers that seem to be guys (not often that you hear about a female bitch cop..although I've ran into a few)that couldn't get anywhere in life after high school; in terms of getting any type of employment that required higher education. So they turned to basically the only half decent paying job that would allow them to take out their frustrations out on people legally.
Good for you, I have no close friends on the force but I've talked to several officers at great length during the many occasions that they "****ed with me" (was pulled over by 6 of them at once one time). What you said, and what these guys told me all lead into what I said. That there are great guys for the most part, and some very rotten apples, like everywhere else.

Quote:
Did you know that there is a quota system in various police forces? It's not just a rumour. It's just not written out in black and white. The staff sargeant will usually tell the traffic cops what the quota is and then you'll see them out in full force at your friendly neighbourhood radar trap to F--K you for going 62 in a 50 down a hill, or for having dirt on your license plate lights.
Yes.

Quote:
I could go on and on about stories from REAL cops that work in THIS COUNTRY that would change the perception of any level headed and educated citizen, a group which you are definitely not to be categorized in.
That's the problem, all you know is THIS COUNTRY. I've been to more than half of the countries around the world and I've experienced what a truly bad police force is. You're just a sheltered whiner. Oh and your pathetic stabs at me, not that they have anything to do with the discussion, but point out exactly what is not level headed in what I wrote previously. The only point I was trying to make, that went in and out of your empty head (or perhaps never entered, due to your admitted difficulty with the language), is that you should not hate a group for the actions of a few of its members (edit: in that sense, yes, I suppose I am lecturing you if you were not taught common decency). WOW, how radical! Educated? I'm doing pretty well as a software engineer from UWaterloo. Do you seriously think you have the right to categorize me? Dream on.

Quote:
And please spare us with the sob story about people having bad days at work. Police officers choose to be police officers, no one forces them.Suppose you're an air traffic controller, you're having a bad day at work,you **** up, sadly you could be responsible for the death of alot of people, but you don't whine about it. What I'm trying to get at is that police officers chose serving the public as their career. I thank them for what they do, but I have no sympathy for them when they **** up or harass people; which they do due to their position of power. And, unfortunately, the only people to hold the police accountable or responsible, are other cops. Go figure.
No one asks for your sympathy or gives a shit about your thanks. The only point I had is to not generalize. Air traffic controllers are historically responsible for the greatest casualty count in a single aircraft incident (pan am 747 vs klm 747). Am I asking you to let it go and kiss their ass anyway because they have a difficult and demanding job? Repeating for the last time for the mentally challenged, as plainly as I can possibly express it, NO! But after the incident you do not have the right to start saying that air traffic controllers are a bunch of evil murderous assholes.

Last edited by BigD; 01-27-2006 at 05:48 PM.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #62
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
But honestly, I do not think it is possible to pass exam in Moscow legally. Other drivers just make it impossible. The flow of traffic is lik 2 times the speed limit, and on the road of 4 lanes, there are 8 lanes of cars. Its just crazy.
LOL yeah my dad told me about that. He said people pull up to stores, drive up onto the sidewalk, stop infront of the doors and just leave the car there. My favourite is the one about the left turning lanes. He said at every major intersection, some guy stops at the beginning of one, and as the light turns red for the perpendicular traffic, they gun it to get ahead of everyone. I've always thought about trying that when in a rush but never had the balls.

Quote:
In Estonia its not that bad, but still shit loads of people that change lanes without even looking. And the worst part, after 10pm all traffic lights are off. So on every intersection you have to check which is a main road and which road has to let others go. Unless you drive there for 5 years, it is so confusing to drive there.
Also fines in Estonia are much higher than in Russia, in fact they are higher than here in some cases.
Minimum parking ticket is $60 bucks, 20 over speed limit is 300 bucks. And there is no this 20 over speed limit is ok bullshit, if you are over 5km/h, you'll get a ticket. Bribes are much higher in Estonia too.
LMAO That sounds like a really good practical joke! But every night? How much money do people make on average in Estonia? They don't make that much more than Russia, do they? Or do they just set the fines so high so that people realize that getting caught for a traffic violation means bankruptcy...

By the way, do you have a video of you rolling the ZAZ off a cliff somewhere? Did it explode? Me and a friend at work are planning to do that with a K car. We have to have it burn... I'd prefer that it would blow up but I have a feeling that only happens in movies (plus I don't want to end up on the darwin awards - I think it'd be worse to be a runner up than winner, cause it's like being a loser in a loser contest).
Old 01-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #63
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
LOL yeah my dad told me about that. He said people pull up to stores, drive up onto the sidewalk, stop infront of the doors and just leave the car there. My favourite is the one about the left turning lanes. He said at every major intersection, some guy stops at the beginning of one, and as the light turns red for the perpendicular traffic, they gun it to get ahead of everyone. I've always thought about trying that when in a rush but never had the balls.
Parking on a sidewalk there is as OK as parking on the designated parking spot. I think its legal there though.

Quote:
LMAO That sounds like a really good practical joke! But every night? How much money do people make on average in Estonia? They don't make that much more than Russia, do they? Or do they just set the fines so high so that people realize that getting caught for a traffic violation means bankruptcy...

By the way, do you have a video of you rolling the ZAZ off a cliff somewhere? Did it explode? Me and a friend at work are planning to do that with a K car. We have to have it burn... I'd prefer that it would blow up but I have a feeling that only happens in movies (plus I don't want to end up on the darwin awards - I think it'd be worse to be a runner up than winner, cause it's like being a loser in a loser contest).
Yes, EVERY ****ING night traffic lights turn to flashing yellow.
When drive through the intrersection, it is not 4 way stop like its here.
They got main roads and secondary roads. Intersections got like 20 signs there, so every time you ago going through the intersection, you have to look through all those 20 signs to find out if you are on the main road or not.
I'm not sure if its like that in Moscow since there is still quite some traffic there, but Tallinn is pretty small and traffic isnt that big there, so at night they turn the traffic lights off.
Next time I ago there, I'll snap a pic of an intersection there.

Per capita, people in Estonia live better than people in Russia. But then again, people that live in Moscow and St Petersburg are not exactly poor either. Anyway, a couple of my friends make about $700 a month, and for one person to live its not bad.

ZAZ video is here.
http://astangu.com/zaz/Movie.wmv

I wish we didnt screw up filming second car going off, cause that one was the best one ever.

And no it didnt blow up, it actually never happened and Ive seen tonns of cars and bike set on fire with gas in a gas tank.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #64
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
How curious, ok let's see why... forget it. Everytime I try to start a serious discussion here all I get is a bunch of buttplug internet toughguy replies. You're right about everything mr cool badass.
Mr. BigD, if I'm such a cool badass, then you are such a dumb ass.

also for ****'s sake, use some punctuation, if you can use those words you can type in paragraphs. How does it feel when you call the crime stopper and report a crime, then the cops come to your house and give you a ticket for that????

we are making effort to go to the tracks and stay out of trouble, and they slap us in the face and a kick in the nuts, if you call that fair play, I call you a ****tard.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:08 PM   #65
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga
also for ****'s sake, use some punctuation, if you can use those words you can type in paragraphs.
A linebreak is not punctuation. All of the statements in the paragraph relate to one specific idea. It's not my problem if both you and M3Ab can't comprehend anything beyond a coloring book. I said what I wanted to say and I'm not going to dumb it down any further. I did it for him because he's so special but you geniouses can keep arguing amongst yourselves. It just never ceases to amaze me how tough little bitches get on the internet.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:23 PM   #66
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Yes, EVERY ****ING night traffic lights turn to flashing yellow.
When drive through the intrersection, it is not 4 way stop like its here.
They got main roads and secondary roads. Intersections got like 20 signs there, so every time you ago going through the intersection, you have to look through all those 20 signs to find out if you are on the main road or not.
I'm not sure if its like that in Moscow since there is still quite some traffic there, but Tallinn is pretty small and traffic isnt that big there, so at night they turn the traffic lights off.
Next time I ago there, I'll snap a pic of an intersection there.

Per capita, people in Estonia live better than people in Russia. But then again, people that live in Moscow and St Petersburg are not exactly poor either. Anyway, a couple of my friends make about $700 a month, and for one person to live its not bad.

ZAZ video is here.
http://astangu.com/zaz/Movie.wmv

I wish we didnt screw up filming second car going off, cause that one was the best one ever.

And no it didnt blow up, it actually never happened and Ive seen tonns of cars and bike set on fire with gas in a gas tank.
Oh, a flashing yellow isn't THAT bad. I thought they just shut the whole grid down...! I think they do that in rural areas of Canada and the US as well (but later than 10pm...).

I'm not sure about signs, I was too young when I left to really notice, but I don't think it's very bad. The road system in Moscow is odd in general. Instead of being a nice simple grid like here, it's more like concentric circles...

Yeah, I noticed that about the supposed poverty as well. It's not that they're rich by any stretch but most people I know in Russia fly to various European resorts every summer... most people I know here can't afford to do that. Still though, a $300 fine with a $700 salary...?

And sorry to keep hijacking the thread with this, but with the cars on fire, were there any explosions? We're just wondering how to do it... poke a hole in the gastank and run a trail, or light the car and the tank will go eventually anyway?
Old 01-28-2006, 02:35 PM   #67
M3Ab
Pakman

[quote=BigD]Yeah, it's called the English language. Impress you with words? Not at all. If anything goes over your head then perhaps you should refrain from replying before receiving qualified assistance. Angry and stupid is no way to go through life. BTW that's one paragraph. I won't bother with the rest, exactly what I expected.

One paragraph that should have been at least two, but since you obviously didn't learn how to use grammar or paragraph structure correctly at the U of W, I'll let it slide.

Angry and stupid? That's funny.

QUOTE BIG D
That's the problem, all you know is THIS COUNTRY. I've been to more than half of the countries around the world and I've experienced what a truly bad police force is. You're just a sheltered whiner. Oh and your pathetic stabs at me, not that they have anything to do with the discussion, but point out exactly what is not level headed in what I wrote previously. The only point I was trying to make, that went in and out of your empty head (or perhaps never entered, due to your admitted difficulty with the language), is that you should not hate a group for the actions of a few of its members (edit: in that sense, yes, I suppose I am lecturing you if you were not taught common decency). WOW, how radical! Educated? I'm doing pretty well as a software engineer from UWaterloo. Do you seriously think you have the right to categorize me? Dream on.

So you've travelled to more than half the countries in the world? Impressive. That would mean you've travelled to at least 96 countries, wow!!! Guess what? I highly doubt it. Based on the fact that your a software engineer and gauging your maturity level, I'd say you may have graduated last year. So your still paying off your student loans unless mommy and daddy helped you out, and based on the fact that most level one software engineers start off at around $60 to $70 k a year, your obviously full of you know what. And by the way, although I don't want to stoop to your level, I can guarantee you that I've travelled to more countries than you ever will.

Last edited by M3Ab; 01-28-2006 at 02:39 PM.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #68
BigD
the misanthropist

I was gonna let you guys have the last word because I knew it would just be more bitching but that post got me curious because I never actually counted how many countries I've been to and you're right, I only managed to count 47 (and that was straining it, with countries that I've only driven through like Belarus). I guess I've covered more than half of the world so I am compelled to feel that I've seen more than half the countries. But fair enough, if you want to be technical, I haven't see more than half of every single chunk of land that calls itself a country. And no student loans here, UW coop program pays for itself and then some. The travels have left me in debt but that's beside the point. Not that any of this is related to the point, just you being a cunt trying to have the upper hand in a bitchfight. Well you can have it. Seek anger management, or get laid, seriously.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #69
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Quote:

One thing the government COULD do though is get rid of the antiquated speed limits. Why the hell are modern cars being subjected to the same driving limits as a 1960s caker bucket? Granted some places need the limits they have, or to even have them reduced IMO. But 100 on the highway is nazi bullshit. Make a sane speedlimit (and remove them where it's safe like an autobahn, places like the kitchener-london-windsor 401 stretch in most areas) and enforce them strictly (none of this 20 over bullshit). Then all you need to do is create a tougher driving test and you're done. By tougher I mean remove all the semantics buillshit like making sure you turn your head to check that a concrete wall is not falling on you, and strictly test for driving abilities - demonstrate an emergency stop, emeregency evasion, skid control, and an unquestionable ability to drive safely at speed (oh and for manual cars, being able to consistently start up a steep hill with no rollback). Then getting your license will be more like England and Germany, where the shitty ass drivers take years to get it until they learn because... *gasp* they're shitty ass drivers.
I didn't even read the entire thread past this one. This is one of the most logical things to be posted yet. First off, our drivers training is BULLSHIT. Theres ABC driver Training, FU KIN A drivers training, etc. The government should take driving seriously, and not allow everyone and their mothers to drive, because of convenience. They handout licenses like its the Mississauga News.

Second of all, I know speedlimits are enforced for reasons, Community Areas should have slower speedlimits because of children, but whats this 60 bullshit on main roads? Creditview has a speed limit of 60, you turn onto Britannia, and its 80. Like WTF, their the same type of road, and 20 km difference. Its all a money making system. They just like to have control.

Getting back to the topic at hand, I agree cabbies are ruthless, and will squeeze onto any piece of asphalt, in order not to wait at a light, or to cut you off, etc. I HATE CABBIES. But Im sure theres more to the story, than we know. Maybe he should have been more carefull, maybe he was not at fault, but we dont have him to testify, so we should show him and his family some respect, and take every angle into consideration.

I also would like to say, that a 15 year old kid, speeding in his parents Mercedes, probably wasn't allowed by his parents, yet I highly doubt they handed the kid the keys. If they did, they should be held party responsable, If not, then they have no part of this. These kids, whether at fault for the death or not, should not have been on the road, and should be charged with racing, operating a vehicle without a government issued license as well as theft of an auto(unless the parents drop the charges on this count).

These kids should not be protected under the minor offenders act(or whatever the proper term is), and should be tried to the fullest.

Ive been pulled over for doing 15 over in a green Plymouth Voyager(A ****ING VAN) while I was driving home from work while I had my G2. While a bike, raced past me, and the lazy ****ing cop gave me the ticket. This guy really needs to get a ****ing life. Most cops are out there doing the best the can, but some of those ****ers are out there to prove something.

I agree with the comment, that if a cop was killed(heaven forbid) in a gang related crime, that the focus on gang crime would have more attention put on it.

Im sorry for the novel, but I thought Id get it all off my chest in one shot.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #70
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
The student loans eh ? Thank god that I work like a horse for my education. When I am done , I wont be paying for it besides resting my balls on Croatian coast.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:37 PM   #71
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

If you guys are going to debate this topic with BigD...stick with the issue and stop making it a personal attack. You all talk about maturity but your insults only show your true selves.
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:10 AM   #72
sirex
King Sirex

[quote=M3Ab]
Quote:
So you've travelled to more than half the countries in the world? Impressive. That would mean you've travelled to at least 96 countries, wow!!! Guess what? I highly doubt it. Based on the fact that your a software engineer and gauging your maturity level, I'd say you may have graduated last year. So your still paying off your student loans unless mommy and daddy helped you out, and based on the fact that most level one software engineers start off at around $60 to $70 k a year, your obviously full of you know what. And by the way, although I don't want to stoop to your level, I can guarantee you that I've travelled to more countries than you ever will.

Dude you're so ****ing lame you should be banned. Do you even have a freaking education, let alone a job?

Last edited by sirex; 01-29-2006 at 12:26 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:18 AM   #73
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Isn't BigD a she?
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:27 AM   #74
sirex
King Sirex

no bigD is a white guy..... he has some pics floating around... hes a big white guy - no insult intended.... I think hes Greek im not sure and i think his name is dimitry or something.... dont quote me on that not 100%
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:54 AM   #75
BigD
the misanthropist

HAHA 6Speed you bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
no bigD is a white guy..... he has some pics floating around... hes a big white guy - no insult intended.... I think hes Greek im not sure and i think his name is dimitry or something.... dont quote me on that not 100%
I'm a commie just like you man, Moscow born and raised. Here's a popular pic:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: