Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-27-2006, 02:48 AM   #46
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
well D, MTO i mean they will pull your car over and do a safty inspection on your car, knowing that most cars showing up to the track were modified to not be street legal for that day (ie: race slicks, open exhaust) and ive seen a green van out there performing E tests on vehicles

now tell me thats not bullshit
They just go where there are good odds of finding speeders and illegal cars. You shouldn't be driving a car with racing slicks to the track anyway, if it rains you're dead, and I don't want a racecar exhaust under my windows just like anyone else. Bring the tires or tow it. Or be prepared to face the consequences. I know a guy with a Viper who pays for a no front plate ticket every month or so in the summer... he holds no grudges with the cops, just a price to pay for having a pretty front end. I don't see it as the cops being assholes, just intelligent. Bullshit would be if they gave you tickets for things you didn't have (like when Randy got the illegal muffler ticket when he had everything illegal except for the muffler... the judge said it was a good lesson to him so the charges stuck, and the cop later told him if he sees him again he's ****ed... THAT's different).

How often do they do these checks though? Cause speed traps are one thing, but if they force everyone that shows up to the track to pass an anal exam, that's police harassment - like a dangerous looking guy getting frisked every time he leaves his house because he may have a gun.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:02 AM   #47
rollee
3rd Gear Member

Media loves to play the victim card. or where's the news?
did you guys see those crap steel rims on the C-merc?
street race my S.

cabbies can't drive no shit. damn right. its clearly his fault in this case.
dead man tell no tales. blame it on a video game that is a cool idea chief.

cops are chicken in a suit. there was a shooting one night where i work downtown, 8 cop cars arrive blazing screaming sirens and light show. cops shivering like sh1t, standing back to back stone like statues, guns drawn rifles in the air. no one caught cause they fled an hour ago...

where was that man of steel attitude "'slow it down' when they hand you your $120 speeding ticket" may i ask?
making sure you see their glock on the belt with extra ammo clips, i am so tough.
A cash register should be installed by the road at 2am, when they pull cars in one after the next. speeding, lights didn't turn on, didn't signal, didn't stop, where's your seat belt.....elsewhere in the city people got raped, kids shots dead, house got invaded, terrorists planting nukes. where are the cops? raking cash, sipping coffee, harassing motorists "slow it down". or getting BJs on Church (GTA).

i support intensive driver's training and licencing like in Europe or Asia, it is so hard to get a licence, but when people pass they are first class drivers, with clear conscience of road etiquite.
we are sharing roads with people who can't change lanes..... have they forgotten today's cars still can't be driven with driver's eyes closed? maybe we should all play grand turismo blindfolded and blame it on sony?
rollee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:13 AM   #48
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollee
i support intensive driver's training and licencing like in Europe or Asia, it is so hard to get a licence, but when people pass they are first class drivers, with clear conscience of road etiquite.

Every time I read something like this, it makes me laugh.
I dunno about the rest of the europe, but I know in Estonia and Russia its really hard to pass driving licence exam.
In Estonia for example you have to pass day time driving exam, night time and winter.
But I'm gonna tell you one thing, Ive never seen more idiots on the road than in Estonia and especially in Russia
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:16 AM   #49
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedMaxSE
That's not cynical...that just doesn't make any sense. So you would allow your kids to drive drunk and put M80s in people's mailboxes just as long as they don't hurt anyone. If they hurt someone...you'll kick their butts?
no im saying i'd kick their ass either way, but if someone got hurt, i'd break their legs.

my point isn't what people SHOULD be doing its what people DO do.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:26 AM   #50
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
Every time I read something like this, it makes me laugh.
I dunno about the rest of the europe, but I know in Estonia and Russia its really hard to pass driving licence exam.
In Estonia for example you have to pass day time driving exam, night time and winter.
But I'm gonna tell you one thing, Ive never seen more idiots on the road than in Estonia and especially in Russia
Are you just kidding man or are you really ignorant to the fact that people BUY their license in Russia (and I'm sure in all the other crappy broke ass eastern Europe countries)? One of my friends told me that she got her license straight up the hard way. It took her 12 tries. Not because she's a bad driver but it took her that long to come across an examiner who would let her do it. She says that they don't even hint at bribes anymore. He gets into the car, and you're told you will NOT pass the test unless you pay him $100 US. My mom's friend that I wouldn't trust with a tricycle has her license, cost her $100 and no effort.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:31 AM   #51
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Are you just kidding man or are you really ignorant to the fact that people BUY their license in Russia (and I'm sure in all the other crappy broke ass eastern Europe countries)? One of my friends told me that she got her license straight up the hard way. It took her 12 tries. Not because she's a bad driver but it took her that long to come across an examiner who would let her do it. She says that they don't even hint at bribes anymore. He gets into the car, and you're told you will NOT pass the test unless you pay him $100 US. My mom's friend that I wouldn't trust with a tricycle has her license, cost her $100 and no effort.

Sure you can buy licences. I know enough people that did just that after failing couple of times, but I also know enough people that passed exams on their own. Most of the people I know actually passed the exam, so I'm sure ratio pretty much the same in the rest of the county.
Anyway, for $100USD you wont get shit these days, it was 5 times that back in 1997.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:39 AM   #52
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
The test seems similar like in Serbia. Plus we get a cop to seat in the back seat lol. During those tests , cops always drink.lol
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #53
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
Sure you can buy licences. I know enough people that did just that after failing couple of times, but I also know enough people that passed exams on their own. Most of the people I know actually passed the exam, so I'm sure ratio pretty much the same in the rest of the county.
Anyway, for $100USD you wont get shit these days, it was 5 times that back in 1997.
I don't know when she got her license but I know when my dad went back in 97 or 98 he saw a guy get away with a hit and run for a few hundred. No way a license would cost "5 times that". Anyway, point is that there is absolutely no point in blaming the driver testing in broke ass corrupt coutries. Slavic people are drunken assholes for the most part anyway.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I wonder if she meant that it takes $100 for the tester to simply be objective (ie you still have to take the test and do well to pass, but unless you pay, you fail regardless).

Last edited by BigD; 01-27-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #54
M3Ab
Pakman

BIG D - I take it either your a cop or you have relatives that are, or perhaps you work for the Ministry in some capacity, because your arguments are pure bullshit and sound like comments that come from the mouths of MTO employees or cops.

I take it you've never been pulled over at one of these MTO swat traps, because if you had, i'm sure you wouldn't be making those comments. I've seen cars and trucks that were completely stock brought in, and supervisors freak on the officers for bringing them in when they should have known that the vehicles came stock the way they were (Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition, Dodge Neon SRT-4 just as two examples).
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #55
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Ab
BIG D - I take it either your a cop or you have relatives that are, or perhaps you work for the Ministry in some capacity, because your arguments are pure bullshit and sound like comments that come from the mouths of MTO employees or cops.

I take it you've never been pulled over at one of these MTO swat traps, because if you had, i'm sure you wouldn't be making those comments. I've seen cars and trucks that were completely stock brought in, and supervisors freak on the officers for bringing them in when they should have known that the vehicles came stock the way they were (Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition, Dodge Neon SRT-4 just as two examples).
I'm not a cop or any kind of government worker, nor am I related to one in any way. I'm just not an ignorant tool that hates groups of people just because I'm supposed to. Your comments are the typical diatribe that comes out of the mouth of all the whiners, using one or two bad experiences to hate an entire group. You want to make it sound like there's some evil conspiracy out to get you. Shoving your prejudice back up the colon, what sounds more sane, that the police are a group of assholes with nothing better to do and they just do it all to **** with you for the fun of it, or that they get paid to do what they're told and use their best judgement to accomplish the task (that might range from catching drug dealers to catching speeders and getting race cars or shitboxes off the road)? No one ever said every cop is supposed to have a blue suit underneath with a big ****en red S. They're human and for the most part, they are all great guys that believe it or not, will get shot to protect you. There are others that will take it out on people if they're having bad day or outright **** up (like pulling over a perfectly stock car for inspection). And bad days they have aplenty... fact of the matter is that if you ask any cop, they despise doing traffic duty. Not only is it scary to sit on the side of the highway at night with your lights off and risk pulling over a whiny punk that also happens to be armed and doesn't want the ticket, but they went through a lot of training hoping to make a difference and they get stuck with stupid tasks that the public hates them for. I suppose you've never made a mistake at your job or had a bad day. The difference is no one gives a crap when you **** up, but when the police do, every loudmouth on the internet goes around talking shit about the entire group. I know you'll have more childish drivel to reply with but deep down you know I'm right.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #56
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
I'm not a cop or any kind of government worker, nor am I related to one in any way. I'm just not an ignorant tool that hates groups of people just because I'm supposed to. Your comments are the typical diatribe that comes out of the mouth of all the whiners, using one or two bad experiences to hate an entire group. You want to make it sound like there's some evil conspiracy out to get you. Shoving your prejudice back up the colon, what sounds more sane, that the police are a group of assholes with nothing better to do and they just do it all to **** with you for the fun of it, or that they get paid to do what they're told and use their best judgement to accomplish the task (that might range from catching drug dealers to catching speeders and getting race cars or shitboxes off the road)? No one ever said every cop is supposed to have a blue suit underneath with a big ****en red S. They're human and for the most part, they are all great guys that believe it or not, will get shot to protect you. There are others that will take it out on people if they're having bad day or outright **** up (like pulling over a perfectly stock car for inspection). And bad days they have aplenty... fact of the matter is that if you ask any cop, they despise doing traffic duty. Not only is it scary to sit on the side of the highway at night with your lights off and risk pulling over a whiny punk that also happens to be armed and doesn't want the ticket, but they went through a lot of training hoping to make a difference and they get stuck with stupid tasks that the public hates them for. I suppose you've never made a mistake at your job or had a bad day. The difference is no one gives a crap when you **** up, but when the police do, every loudmouth on the internet goes around talking shit about the entire group. I know you'll have more childish drivel to reply with but deep down you know I'm right.

Well put.

And yes, I'm a drunken asshole too

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:22 PM   #57
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
free bump for drunken assholes

seriously guys think about what some of you are saying. cabbies fault? yeah he made a mistake, but if the kids weren't speeding...

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #58
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
THANK YOU
****ing bout time.

"cops are chicken in a suit. there was a shooting one night where i work downtown, 8 cop cars arrive blazing screaming sirens and light show. cops shivering like sh1t, standing back to back stone like statues, guns drawn rifles in the air. no one caught cause they fled an hour ago"

this is stupid..... because you know, you wouldn't be scared if there was a psycho gangster on the streets with a concealed weapon. These people have families too mate.

Last edited by sirex; 01-27-2006 at 03:59 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #59
M3Ab
Pakman

BIG D - Well well well, such wording, are you trying to lecture me or impress me with your words?Diatribe...childish drivel...please, spare me. You just added another few paragraphs to why I know deep down inside that you are completely full of ignorance, idiocy and perhaps some sort of sociological problems.

Are you dating a cop? Did you get kicked out of police college?

One of my best friends is a police officer,the father of my ex-girlfriend that I dated for four years was a staff sargeant on the regional force, and I am actually friends with a number of other police officers and detectives. They not only belong to the regional force but also the OPP and RCMP. And from the discussions I've had with many of them over the years, they will be the first to admit that they can't believe the number of their co-workers that seem to be guys (not often that you hear about a female bitch cop..although I've ran into a few)that couldn't get anywhere in life after high school; in terms of getting any type of employment that required higher education. So they turned to basically the only half decent paying job that would allow them to take out their frustrations out on people legally.

Did you know that there is a quota system in various police forces? It's not just a rumour. It's just not written out in black and white. The staff sargeant will usually tell the traffic cops what the quota is and then you'll see them out in full force at your friendly neighbourhood radar trap to F--K you for going 62 in a 50 down a hill, or for having dirt on your license plate lights.

I could go on and on about stories from REAL cops that work in THIS COUNTRY that would change the perception of any level headed and educated citizen, a group which you are definitely not to be categorized in.

And please spare us with the sob story about people having bad days at work. Police officers choose to be police officers, no one forces them.Suppose you're an air traffic controller, you're having a bad day at work,you **** up, sadly you could be responsible for the death of alot of people, but you don't whine about it. What I'm trying to get at is that police officers chose serving the public as their career. I thank them for what they do, but I have no sympathy for them when they **** up or harass people; which they do due to their position of power. And, unfortunately, the only people to hold the police accountable or responsible, are other cops. Go figure.

Last edited by M3Ab; 01-27-2006 at 04:35 PM.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #60
SickFinga

Quote:
I don't know when she got her license but I know when my dad went back in 97 or 98 he saw a guy get away with a hit and run for a few hundred. No way a license would cost "5 times that". Anyway, point is that there is absolutely no point in blaming the driver testing in broke ass corrupt coutries. Slavic people are drunken assholes for the most part anyway.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I wonder if she meant that it takes $100 for the tester to simply be objective (ie you still have to take the test and do well to pass, but unless you pay, you fail regardless).

Fines in Russia are really low, thats why there are so many retards on the road. The most expesnive fine you can get is $50 in Russia. I belive 50 over is $50 fine, anything over $50 is driving licence suspension, but for a $100 you can get away with anything.

Legal documents on another hand, are more expensive. I know for a fact my friend paid $540 bucks for his licence in 1997.

But honestly, I do not think it is possible to pass exam in Moscow legally. Other drivers just make it impossible. The flow of traffic is lik 2 times the speed limit, and on the road of 4 lanes, there are 8 lanes of cars. Its just crazy.

In Estonia its not that bad, but still shit loads of people that change lanes without even looking. And the worst part, after 10pm all traffic lights are off. So on every intersection you have to check which is a main road and which road has to let others go. Unless you drive there for 5 years, it is so confusing to drive there.
Also fines in Estonia are much higher than in Russia, in fact they are higher than here in some cases.
Minimum parking ticket is $60 bucks, 20 over speed limit is 300 bucks. And there is no this 20 over speed limit is ok bullshit, if you are over 5km/h, you'll get a ticket. Bribes are much higher in Estonia too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: