Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-26-2006, 11:00 PM   #31
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7

Makes sense.... Who knows how easily it could be avoided. Or what the other driver in the Benz did when he saw that cab sticking out. That was a sticky situation for both of the Mercedes drivers I bet....

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #32
sirex
King Sirex

I know they can determine the speed of a vehicle by measuring skid marks, but if you have ABS that would remove that factor wouldn't it?
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:19 PM   #33
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

You know why they focus more on street racing and giving out all these BS tickets. Bcus the government makes MONEY off all this shit.

If they go after all the murders and shit, they get no money from them (or little if any). Plus thats not all......it ends up costing the government MONEY to put these killers in jail.

So in the end its all about MONEY.

Putting money into catching street racing has a much better return on investment, than catching killers.

Sad, Sad world we live in.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:36 PM   #34
sirex
King Sirex

is that your thesis?
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #35
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
is that your thesis?
Why go after criminals with loaded guns when you can go after car enthusiasts?

Seems simple to me.

And BlitzSix, or whatever your name, you are a MORON. I stated the facts, he made a left hand turn infront of the cars. As Vlad said, the Benzes could have been going warp speed and it still would have been the cab drivers fault.

I also have NEVER seen a cab driver that obeys any traffic laws. Those ****ers can't drive for shit, I've been cut off way too many times by the fools. It's not just one cabbie, it's everyone out there.

If they pointed out that it was the cabbies fault in the media, they wouldn't have much of a story. No evidence for speed, minimal damage to cars (maybe 80km/h TOPS, remember that the MB's have crumple zones, and they seem barely crumpled)

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #36
sonny
6th Gear Member

Either way, a man is dead. Lock these two people up and fine the hell out of them.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #37
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

A few years back the same situation happened on Dixie just north or Dundas. Except the cabbie in this situation turned and hit a speeding mototcycle and got a manslaughter charge.
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:10 AM   #38
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30
You know why they focus more on street racing and giving out all these BS tickets. Bcus the government makes MONEY off all this shit.

If they go after all the murders and shit, they get no money from them (or little if any). Plus thats not all......it ends up costing the government MONEY to put these killers in jail.

So in the end its all about MONEY.

Putting money into catching street racing has a much better return on investment, than catching killers.

Sad, Sad world we live in.
WOW.... that makes perfect sense, and it is really sad!!

I dunno how people are forgetting the simple facts, it is sad that the cabby is dead, BUT ITS HIS FAULT.... thats all there is to it!

I remember when i got into my accident (head-on collision), the chick that hit me lost control of her car, and colided into me. We were both doing about 80-90km/h in a 60km zone! It was clearly HER fault in every way.... but since she was seriously injured and pregnant on top of that and i walked away from it with scrathes the cops were hassling me like crazy at the scene of the accident, seemed like they were trying to put any kind of blame on ME. I even made it into the papers and the media also ended up putting a spin on it that made it seem like SHE was the victim!
Old 01-27-2006, 01:52 AM   #39
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo
WOW.... that makes perfect sense, and it is really sad!!

I dunno how people are forgetting the simple facts, it is sad that the cabby is dead, BUT ITS HIS FAULT.... thats all there is to it!

I remember when i got into my accident (head-on collision), the chick that hit me lost control of her car, and colided into me. We were both doing about 80-90km/h in a 60km zone! It was clearly HER fault in every way.... but since she was seriously injured and pregnant on top of that and i walked away from it with scrathes the cops were hassling me like crazy at the scene of the accident, seemed like they were trying to put any kind of blame on ME. I even made it into the papers and the media also ended up putting a spin on it that made it seem like SHE was the victim!
Yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean. This is why I have no tolerance for "o, it was his fault, but he died, and they were going to fast." And cabbies shouldn't have their licenses.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:55 AM   #40
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga
I'm sorry, that's the one of the weakest thing I've seen so far.
How curious, ok let's see why... forget it. Everytime I try to start a serious discussion here all I get is a bunch of buttplug internet toughguy replies. You're right about everything mr cool badass.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:57 AM   #41
Primus
super blinger

well D, MTO i mean they will pull your car over and do a safty inspection on your car, knowing that most cars showing up to the track were modified to not be street legal for that day (ie: race slicks, open exhaust) and ive seen a green van out there performing E tests on vehicles

now tell me thats not bullshit
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:25 AM   #42
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
Why go after criminals with loaded guns when you can go after car enthusiasts? Seems simple to me.
It's called a witch hunt! You get all the towns people with torches and pitch forks and get the "racers".
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:31 AM   #43
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
...One thing the government COULD do though is get rid of the antiquated speed limits. Why the hell are modern cars being subjected to the same driving limits as a 1960s caker bucket? Granted some places need the limits they have, or to even have them reduced IMO. But 100 on the highway is nazi bullshit. Make a sane speedlimit (and remove them where it's safe like an autobahn, places like the kitchener-london-windsor 401 stretch in most areas) and enforce them strictly (none of this 20 over bullshit). Then all you need to do is create a tougher driving test and you're done. By tougher I mean remove all the semantics buillshit like making sure you turn your head to check that a concrete wall is not falling on you, and strictly test for driving abilities - demonstrate an emergency stop, emeregency evasion, skid control, and an unquestionable ability to drive safely at speed (oh and for manual cars, being able to consistently start up a steep hill with no rollback). Then getting your license will be more like England and Germany, where the shitty ass drivers take years to get it until they learn because... *gasp* they're shitty ass drivers.

Yeey my work day is done, I can go home.
I agree. I actually found some research that the US governement conducted. They compared the fatality rates on highways during the 55mph federal mandated years to the years when States mandated the speed limit (i.e. 65, 70, 75 and unlimited in Montana until 1999). When the speed limit increased, fatality rates went down (despite increasing populations and drivers on the roads). And this was without better driver education.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:38 AM   #44
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
here's what it comes down to. when someone does something wrong, and there's no consequence, rarely do people care. (i've heard a million of my friends, per example, say something like "i drove home sooooo drunk the other day, bla bla bla, but i was ok")

fact of the matter is, when someone gets hurt, whoever was doing ANYTHING wrong is at fault. the kids were speeding. bad shit when down. PWNED

**** them for speeding. honestly, IF nothing bad happened, fine, i'd be more leniant, but it did. someone is dead cause they decided they wanted to run their parents benz's. i agree that i have a cynical view of the world, but its basically the bottom line. if everyone gets to go home at the end of the day, i dont care. if someone doesn't, everyone who did something wrong is at fault, even if it turns out the cabbie was being irresponsible.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:47 AM   #45
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
...honestly, IF nothing bad happened, fine, i'd be more leniant, but it did. someone is dead cause they decided they wanted to run their parents benz's. i agree that i have a cynical view of the world, but its basically the bottom line. if everyone gets to go home at the end of the day, i dont care. if someone doesn't, everyone who did something wrong is at fault, even if it turns out the cabbie was being irresponsible.
That's not cynical...that just doesn't make any sense. So you would allow your kids to drive drunk and put M80s in people's mailboxes just as long as they don't hurt anyone. If they hurt someone...you'll kick their butts?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: