Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2006, 07:35 PM   #76
M3speed
6th Gear Member
 
M3speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,395


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR!
hahahahahahahah careful wat u say, jstallian and sirex may start an e-fight with you, if your real lucky they'll insult u too.
hahahahahaha
i kill me!

M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #77
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR!
hahahahahahahah careful wat u say, jstallian and sirex may start an e-fight with you, if your real lucky they'll insult u too.
hahahahahaha
i kill me!

i dont even think our posts were directed at you, you just started posting to defend the others... regardles sim not going back to read it as I dont even care anymore.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:47 PM   #78
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い
 
TheLoneVR!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Home
Posts: 4,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
i dont even think our posts were directed at you, you just started posting to defend the others... regardles sim not going back to read it as I dont even care anymore.
Sure that sounds like a plan!
Good Job, and correct me if Im wrong it didnt have anything to do with you either did iT?
Oh well...
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:52 AM   #79
b_w.
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 87
what do you guys dislike the conservatives so much for? you clearly do not like the liberals, so who do you like?

no matter how much you dislike the conservatives the liberals are plagued by corruption and scandal and the ndp are even worse. every thing the ndp gets their hands on they destroy. sure they have lots of great social policies and want to destroy the business enviroment.

after so many years of liberals what is wrong with giving somebody else a try? at least the conservatives have mp's representing all regions of canada. it always seemed to me that the liberals represented the interests of ontario and quebec. at least the conservatives represent people from all over the country. that sounds great for national unity. seeing that alberta creates so much of canada's wealth doesnt it make sense that it gets to pull the string for a bit.

quebec complains so much about being treated unfairly and threatens to seperate. maybe if alberta or the rest of western canada threatens to seperate we will be treated better by the federal government.
b_w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #80
b_w.
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_w.
what do you guys dislike the conservatives so much for? you clearly do not like the liberals, so who do you like?

no matter how much you dislike the conservatives the liberals are plagued by corruption and scandal and the ndp are even worse. every thing the ndp gets their hands on they destroy. sure they have lots of great social policies and want to destroy the business enviroment.

after so many years of liberals what is wrong with giving somebody else a try? at least the conservatives have mp's representing all regions of canada. it always seemed to me that the liberals represented the interests of ontario and quebec. at least the conservatives represent people from all over the country. that sounds great for national unity. seeing that alberta creates so much of canada's wealth doesnt it make sense that it gets to pull the string for a bit.

quebec complains so much about being treated unfairly and threatens to seperate. maybe if alberta or the rest of western canada threatens to seperate we will be treated better by the federal government.

^^^
b_w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:42 AM   #81
rendered
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,746
paul martin would of retired sometime soon anyways! I don't know why people would elect conservative!? We're in for it now even with a minority.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:25 AM   #82
chromius
6th Gear Member
 
chromius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered
paul martin would of retired sometime soon anyways! I don't know why people would elect conservative!? We're in for it now even with a minority.
yeah it's the end of the world...we are all done for....there will be soldiers with guns in our cities....seriously we're not allowed to make this stuff up.

You liberals and your fear mongering. I love those one liner comments with absolutly no evidence or supporting information to back it up.
__________________
Photobucket

Last edited by chromius; 01-30-2006 at 07:27 AM.
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:52 AM   #83
Primus
super blinger
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: southside niagara region
Posts: 524
all those things he said we wanted with our liberal govt, well thats what the GOVERMENT wanted, oviously we didnt like what they were doing so we tossed em
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #84
b_w.
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered
paul martin would of retired sometime soon anyways! I don't know why people would elect conservative!? We're in for it now even with a minority.
what are we in for? responsible government, fiscal prudence, a government with a national base of support. that all sounds so terrible
b_w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #85
rendered
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,746
No proof, I just have my gut instinct to go by. Things aren't going to get any better for Canadians (even if Liberals in power) and maybe worse now with conservatives. I can see life becoming harder for the working class. IMO.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #86
b_w.
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered
No proof, I just have my gut instinct to go by. Things aren't going to get any better for Canadians (even if Liberals in power) and maybe worse now with conservatives. I can see life becoming harder for the working class. IMO.
do you mean by paying less taxes and money for daycare for childeren. sure social programs are great but they waste a ton of money. government run agencies have no incentive to spend money efficiently. look at the gun registry fiasco. the private market usually allocates resources more efficiently than government beuracracy.

i can see the conservatives not spending money on nearly as much stupid shit as the liberals did.
b_w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #87
rendered
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,746
so you think privatization of heath care, and making abortion illegal is great too!

We'll have sick people every where dieing of god knows what, just because they can't afford health care, or that certain operation they need to live! come on!

And what about all those teens that love to have sex sometimes without contraceptives. 17 and 18 year olds all over, will be having children, population triples because of this, these young women and their families do not get educated because they have to work minimum wage to support their new family(creates a less intelligent Canadian population without education), just because its against Steven Harper's wishes and the new law stating "no abortions".

I'm not saying its going to happen. But hell, there's always a chance! No one thought Brian Mulroony could cause such a disaster, but look what happened!
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #88
b_w.
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered
so you think privatization of heath care, and making abortion illegal is great too!

We'll have sick people every where dieing of god knows what, just because they can't afford health care, or that certain operation they need to live! come on!

And what about all those teens that love to have sex sometimes without contraceptives. 17 and 18 year olds all over, will be having children, population triples because of this, these young women and their families do not get educated because they have to work minimum wage to support their new family(creates a less intelligent Canadian population without education), just because its against Steven Harper's wishes and the new law stating "no abortions".

I'm not saying its going to happen. But hell, there's always a chance! No one thought Brian Mulroony could cause such a disaster, but look what happened!
i dont think there is anything wrong with some private health care. so far the only solutions the federal government has had to fix the problems with health care is throwing more money at it. that is only a short term band aid fix. what is wrong with people being able to pay for surgeries that they might otherwise have to wait years to get in the public system. why not have that money spent in canada instead of those operations going to private clinics in the states. i dont think a system like the united states is a good solution but surely we can find a mix in between the private and public that will work well for us. how is a public system going to be sustained in the future as more and more of the population ages and leaves the work force? we learned back in the 60's and 70's that a welfare state is too expensive and does not work. unfortunately, sooner or later the public health system will become too expensive to sustain.

i dont think harper is going to make abortion illegal. i dont think that is the right thing to do. i am not sure what the current laws are regarding abortion but i do believe that there should be laws regulating how late in the pregnancy an abortion can be performed. i mean, a woman has 9 months before the child is born and they know for a long time that the are pregnant. i just dont like the idea of babies being aborted very close to birth. i think that is wrong.

what is wrong with tripiling our population? that way we would not have to let in so many immigrants to increase our population. there is such a labor shortage in western canada, i would rather fill those jobs with home grown canadians than foreigners.

i dont think much is going to change because it is a minority government. whatever happens hopefully it will be a change for the better.
b_w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #89
chromius
6th Gear Member
 
chromius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered
so you think privatization of heath care, and making abortion illegal is great too!

We'll have sick people every where dieing of god knows what, just because they can't afford health care, or that certain operation they need to live! come on!

And what about all those teens that love to have sex sometimes without contraceptives. 17 and 18 year olds all over, will be having children, population triples because of this, these young women and their families do not get educated because they have to work minimum wage to support their new family(creates a less intelligent Canadian population without education), just because its against Steven Harper's wishes and the new law stating "no abortions".

I'm not saying its going to happen. But hell, there's always a chance! No one thought Brian Mulroony could cause such a disaster, but look what happened!
Wow...you are so wrong, I don't even know where to start.

First, I will start by pointing out the contradiction in your statement. All abortion clinics are PRIVATE facilities, and you are seemingly against private healthcare, but for abortion....interesting.

Next, Harper has made it very clear, there will be no laws, or bills passed from his party regarding the outlawing of abortion. He has even stated there will not even be any private member bills on the issue.

Next is healthcare....where to start with that. First, I would urge you to do some research on the issue before making bold statements like that.
Parallel private healthcare with a universal public system, means that NO-ONE would be without care, and no one would have to buy private care if they don't want to. It's called freedom of choice! Canada is the LAST industrialized nation in the world that outlaws private care. Every other industrialized nation in the world that did have that type of system has now gone to a parallel private system. And many have better care and services than Canada in both the public and private system. And in fact Canada pays the second most for their system out of about 30 other OCED nations, Yet gets less services for the money it pays.

Canada's healthcare system is not sustainable in it's current form, and needs to be changed. Look at the rest of the world...The switch to parallel private care along with a universal system has done the other 30 or so OCED nations well, so why are you so resistant? With a paralell private system along with the universal system, you would still have every right to continue to use the public system....however now you and everyone else has the choice to do what you wish with your hard earned money. Yeah that sounds horrible
__________________
Photobucket
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #90
b_w.
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 87
just an interesting fact. north korea and cuba are the only other countries in the world with public health care.
b_w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015