Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-25-2006, 12:56 AM   #61
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahhaha
Best Post On This Thread!!!!!!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #62
sirex
King Sirex

hahahaha, damn gino beats.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #63
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgino

hahahahahahahahahhahahaa that's awesome!!!
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #64
James325I
3rd Gear Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...............
Old 01-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #65
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
u shoulda posted that BEFORE the vote.
regardless i voted for liberals...Conservatives have some ****ed up propositions
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #66
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
Conservatives have some ****ed up propositions
such as?
Old 01-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #67
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius_e30
such as?
Watch it now, you might get burned for questioning one's mighty opinion
Old 01-25-2006, 05:36 PM   #68
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
Watch it now, you might get burned for questioning one's mighty opinion
LOL, True. But I figure if the conservative ideas are so fuc*ed up, there must be a reason why, and who knows, maybe they would be good enough reasons to change even my views, but I highly doubt it.

I figure there must me someone with factual reasons for disliking the conservatives so much, I just really want to find them...unfortunatly no luck so far. Everyone I have talked to (not nessesairly on this board) has only been able to provide random comments from Liberal attack ads, no cold hard facts. (ie. "I hear Harper hates puppies")
Old 01-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #69
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius_e30
LOL, True. But I figure if the conservative ideas are so fuc*ed up, there must be a reason why, and who knows, maybe they would be good enough reasons to change even my views, but I highly doubt it.

I figure there must me someone with factual reasons for disliking the conservatives so much, I just really want to find them...unfortunatly no luck so far. Everyone I have talked to (not nessesairly on this board) has only been able to provide random comments from Liberal attack ads, no cold hard facts. (ie. "I hear Harper hates puppies")
You know, that's exactly my point. If you fear/hate something, then you've got to have a reason.

Harper won, and guess what? The world didn't end. Life will go on the same was it has been for the last xx years, it's hilarious what people believe without any knowledge or facts.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #70
EricTsang
2nd Gear Member

I like Michael Moore for his stance against the war in Iraq.

There were old news articles accusing Stephen Harper as pro-bush, pro-iraq war, pro-american. True but this was BEFORE the war in Iraq but Harper started distancing himself from Bush when US invaded Iraq.

i WAS a supporter of the Liberals for many years. But post-Chretien, the F'ng liberals under Paul Martin got corrupt. They got involved in a 260 million sponsorship scandal, web of illegal financial transactions, etc. Have you heard of the Gomery report? Look it up.

So the Liberals knew they were stinking. And what did they do to neutralize their crap? They tried to play the "HARPER-IS-PRO-BUSH" card.

Nice try.

How can I vote liberal when the Gomery Commission laid out their SH*T in public. I have to bite the bullet and vote Conservative.
EricTsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #71
sirex
King Sirex

ok you cant blame someone for the wrong doings of an other individual... The gomery report started before Paul Martin thats why they draged Chretien into the whole ordeal.. Man Paul Martine and Jean Chretien were literaly ggoing to fist fight it out because of Chretien and his mistakes.

also go back to the sponsorship scandal, ALSO Chretiens liberals..

Now of course it makes the whole party look bad but u cant control people. So they get there asses sued, forced to reitre and have a bad rep. In the last few years as Martin being in the captains chair nothing bad has really happened.. he never had the chance to do anything, he was a minority.. in 2 years will have another election that will cost us another 235 million dollars to re-elect the liberals because the whole comotion about this corruptioon has died down.

regardlless thank god so many ridings are in toronto and major urban city centre where the majority always vote liberals .

Last edited by sirex; 01-25-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #72
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

While it is true that Martin inherited much of the blame for Chretien's doing, he still shares much responsibility for the liberals failings. That, his leadership style (or should I say non-leadership style) and the way he tried to deceive everyone is why I don't like Martin.

He chastized Harper for being pro-iraq, pro-bush, and for wanting to privatize healthcare. Meanwhile, while campaigning against Chretien, he was also pro-iraq & pro missile-defence. It was because of Martin's cuts to the provinces that our healthcare is in the state its in now. Plus, private healthcare clinics have been operating for some time now, under the libs watch. So because of this, I cannot trust the man, and can't support a party I can't trust.

Martin was also a poor leader. He didn't like to make decisions, he loves congratulating himself on passing the gay marriage but he was too afraid to enact it himself, leaving it for the courts to decide. The rising gun crime wasn't ever an issue for him until the latest campaign. Sure, it's easy to promise to fix every problem we have by offering the world to everyone, but his track record speaks otherwise.

Chretien wasn't even that bad, he was a man of conviction and stood by whatever he did. He wasn't the greatest, but certainly not the worst. Martin did himself no favour by stabbing Jean in the back. Now, the chicken has come to roost and it's come full circle.

Still, I'll take JC or PM over Brian Mulroney any day, but I think now is the time to give someone else a chance. The public can no longer trust the liberal party (provincial or federal) due to a legacy of broken promises and inaction.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #73
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
ok you cant blame someone for the wrong doings of an other individual... The gomery report started before Paul Martin thats why they draged Chretien into the whole ordeal.. Man Paul Martine and Jean Chretien were literaly ggoing to fist fight it out because of Chretien and his mistakes.

also go back to the sponsorship scandal, ALSO Chretiens liberals..

Now of course it makes the whole party look bad but u cant control people. So they get there asses sued, forced to reitre and have a bad rep. In the last few years as Martin being in the captains chair nothing bad has really happened.. he never had the chance to do anything, he was a minority.. in 2 years will have another election that will cost us another 235 million dollars to re-elect the liberals because the whole comotion about this corruptioon has died down.

regardlless thank god so many ridings are in toronto and major urban city centre where the majority always vote liberals .
I think it will take more than one more election for the fiberals to get back on their feet. With a leadership change it remains to be seen if they can stop all the party in-fighting. I will be also very interested to see who the new party leader will be. I heard reports today that Belinda (turncoat) stronich is running for the party leadership. If someone like her gets it, there will not be hope for them.

The fact is, as jstalin pointed out, is that the liberals can't be trusted anymore. Sponsorship scandal aside (even though paul was finance minister during this time), the liberals have flip-floped way too many times, on way too many issues to really even know what's real and whats not in their promises anymore. They ended up trying to stand for everything, and as a result ended up standing for nothing.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:41 PM   #74
sirex
King Sirex

im just glad olivia chao won in my riding
Old 01-26-2006, 01:34 AM   #75
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
regardless i voted for liberals...Conservatives have some ****ed up propositions
hahahahahahahah careful wat u say, jstallian and sirex may start an e-fight with you, if your real lucky they'll insult u too.
hahahahahaha
i kill me!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: