Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #16
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,454


But yet they are discussed, and so are the differences in lenght, VARIOUS times? Doesn't the actual driveterrain change too, as well as options available? We are not talking about the same car that is in its next year of production, we are talking about a re design, and a new generation. In simple terms for you, e46 vs e90.
If the old Rubi, looks the same as the '07 to you, then you need your eyes checked.
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #17
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
But yet they are discussed, and so are the differences in lenght, VARIOUS times? Doesn't the actual driveterrain change too, as well as options available? We are not talking about the same car that is in its next year of production, we are talking about a re design, and a new generation. In simple terms for you, e46 vs e90.
If the old Rubi, looks the same as the '07 to you, then you need your eyes checked.

The difference between e46 and e90 is obvious.
But most people wouldn't say that 07 rubikon is a new generation Rubikon.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #18
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
The difference between e46 and e90 is obvious.
But most people wouldn't say that 07 rubikon is a new generation Rubikon.
+1

__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #19
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member
 
M3ti Compact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,465
I'll take the new FJ Cruiser
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07_fj_cruiser_01.jpg (126.5 KB, 40 views)
__________________
M3ti Compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:19 PM   #20
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
I'll take the new FJ Cruiser

+1

__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #21
jstalin
capitalism=crisis
 
jstalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Via Dolorosa
Posts: 3,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle
I dont see why!!! Look at all the SUV's!!! They are NOT more practical...huge size, bad on gas, hard to park...and the list goes on! The only thing not practical for a Jeep is the cargo space, which is almost non existant...making it the reason why i dont own a YJ/TJ...yet!
I've never claimed SUV's were practical.

I don't see the point in a 4x4 in the city. I don't have any driveways/roads to plow, no mud pits to go off-roading in or no unplowed roads to worry about in the winter.
__________________
Rise with your class, not above your class
̿ ̿̿'\̵͇̿̿\o=(̪●)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿
jstalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #22
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
And so does 84- and 89 e30's, and 92 and 97 e36, as well as 90, and 96 e34's. Your point? This is A HUGE change for a Jeep. You just don't realize it because you are narrow minded and ignorant.
This thread is in Off topic for a reason, and is for those who are interested.
Jeep has maintained the same design for years (with probably some good reason) each design looks like nothing more than a facelift (if at any)

No one makes threads about facelifts about other car companies like say ford or benz because the significance is so minute. The only reason why we make a point about a bmw facelift is because we're on a bmw forum.

This is a huge change? is it really? Its like saying E90 is a HUGE change for BMW. But is it? Really? I don't think his comment was narrow minded at all. Just because you're mr super jeep fan now, I don't think the rest of the world should jump off their seats and applaude Jeep for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
But yet they are discussed, and so are the differences in lenght, VARIOUS times? Doesn't the actual driveterrain change too, as well as options available? We are not talking about the same car that is in its next year of production, we are talking about a re design, and a new generation. In simple terms for you, e46 vs e90.
If the old Rubi, looks the same as the '07 to you, then you need your eyes checked.

Seriously? the 07 Rubi looks the same as an 89 TJ in its basic design. all the headlights, tail lights grills and bumpers are in the same general position as an 89. Even the steering wheel is similar. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, Jeep has been successful with this design so they're sticking with it. But all in all, the Jeep looks pretty much the same.


But in the end, I do like it, I'd love to take it offroading, but it still looks the same as the rest.
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #23
johnoz
/OO=[][]=OO\
 
johnoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,907
4 door looks interesting as well
johnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #24
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnoz
4 door looks interesting as well

What a budget way of covering a concept car
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #25
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082
now THAT looks interesting.
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015