Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-06-2006, 02:03 AM   #1
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Alpine Amp / MTX Crossover

I actually dont know a thing about car audio & would really appreciate some help.
Can anyone tell me or give me a link to any info. or specs on this amplifier

Alpine Amp , model # 3519

Secondly what is a crossover? or what does it do & is this one any good, or any info./specs;

MTX RT-X02 Electronic Crossover

I found both in my basement and figured why not look into them & put them to use if its worthwhile.
The amp would be used in addition to my deck to power my speakers that are in right now, which are Kenwood 6x9's in the rear & Alpine 5.25 in the front

Thanks Boyz
Old 01-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Anyone? lol
Old 01-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
Mitch Fong
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, im not good with it either. But i was gettin a lot of vocals coming from my subs before i got a crossover. My understanding is they just filter out anything that is not bass.
I would assume a cross over is a cross over. All do the same thing. But the crossover would be of no use to you if you dont have subs. Also, if you do use the crossover, make sure it puts enough power to the amp. the first one i bought was garbage, didnt give the amp half the power is was originally receiving. The crossover made a huge difference in the end tho. No vocals what so ever.
As for the amp, how many channels does it have? And check the power rating of your speakers before installing the amp. I found that my deck gives my kenwood 6x9's plenty of punch.
Hope this helps somewhat. My car audio knowledge is rather limited.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: