Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #31
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavaria
only in christianity it says that god loves you so much, in islam, god loves us, but not the way chrisitianity sees it!
"God loves us because we're his children."
Breaking it down and becoming more specific makes God love me because I'm his child.

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #32
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
Islamicly we arent his kids.
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:01 PM   #33
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
Quote:
Islamicly we arent his kids.
Is Allah not a father to all like God is in Christianity?
Enlighten me.

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:10 PM   #34
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

no hes not a father, that would be blasphomy, we believe he wasnt born, doesnt have any children, and no relatives!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #35
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I remember clearly (when i was like 5 or so) I was thinking to myself, quite often "God Sucks".... For no reason. I dunno why... I was feeling guilty about it because I was brought up in a Christian family, we went to church sometimes. I don't know why this happened, and I thought that I will go to hell. But maybe I was thinking subconsciously, and couldn't restrain it for some reason. I also never told my parents about this.

I also used to pray, when I was very young but I did it so rarely because I felt I was talking to nothing, When I look at a cross or a image of God, I just see a picture....

Am I going to hell? Was I born without something that everyone else has?

lol...I know I'm beating a dead horse, time to sleep...

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #36
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

no no, its no dead horse beating!
its because there was no depth in the religion, and i can find so many things that are meaningless!
hence why im muslim
Old 01-23-2006, 12:11 AM   #37
dropped_E30
6th Gear Member

What we need to understand here is that faith and religion are different from each other. religion is a set of rules made by human beings by which to live a fulfilling life. Stories in religion, like the various stories of creation, were thought up by human beings to explain the world around them and how it came to be.

Religion was also established by human beings who were natural-born leaders among the others, in order to maintain control among the people, setting up guidelines and negative consequences for not following those guidelines (i.e. going to Hell/Sheol, or stuck in the wheel of Samsara). Ever since then it has evolved into the religions of the world we see today. The reason religion has stayed with us is:

a) because religion contains ethics. without religion, everyone would go around killing other ppl and not have any sense of guilt or remorse.

b) due to our natural fear of the unknown. we have been told that if we do not believe and follow the rules, our souls will suffer in damnation. since the human race has "grown up" not knowing any better because we have not yet proven that notion right or wrong, we feel its better to just follow the rules and avoid the dreadful consequences that may happen.

Religion was thought up because when the human race was in its infancy, we needed a sort of "father figure" to look up to for guidance and answers to life's questions. now that the human race has matured, we feel we dont need the support of a father figure anymore, and we only need to depend on ourselves. People think that since science has debunked so many religious explanations of the world around us, religion must be false and "god is dead".

But here's where the big debate between science and religion is: no one knows if the Big Bang really happened. Scientists have now traced the events of the universe back to when it was approximately 10% of its current age. As we approach time zero, however, our math and physics equations get thrown out the window cuz they dont work. So, what caused the big bang? wat caused that singularity to suddenly expand into the universe we are in today? which is where the idea of a higher power and faith comes in.

Faith is the belief embedded in our collective unconcious of some unseen, higher power. you dont need to follow a religion in order to have faith; in my opinion there should not be any rules that say "you must do this and that, only then are you a true believer of God". As was stated before, religion is not meant to be taken literally. This gives rise to religious fundamentalism, which is dangerous and is the cause of all the crimes in our history that have been blamed on religion (i.e. crusades, islamic militancy, etc.)

by the way i'm born and raised catholic

Last edited by dropped_E30; 01-23-2006 at 12:20 AM.
dropped_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:14 AM   #38
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

i have talked to your kind...well meaning to people that believe in this....it doesnt go anywhere, regardless they are ur beliefs....and its ur life
Old 01-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #39
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Before posting anything, I hope you all realize that there is NOTHING you can possibly say that hasn't been said a trillion times over. Go do something useful... change your oil, or your brake fluid or your coolant. Unlike anything said in this thread, I bet one of those hasn't been done in too long.

My oil is changed every 5000km (Motul 10W40), my brake fluid is changed every 2 years...moreso if I track my car (Motul 5.1+), my coolant is flushed every 2 years @ the dealership (get an authorized printout fo the mileage). And I've recently installed brembo rotors and equipped my car with ECB pads for the rear and Wilwood calipers and pads for the front.

So my car is very well maintained thank you very much.

This thread is about something that has recently sparked my interest (again), and i'm glad to have posted it. Nice to see all the various opinions, even if its a repost (xTrillion)

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #40
dropped_E30
6th Gear Member

Quote:
i have talked to your kind...well meaning to people that believe in this....it doesnt go anywhere, regardless they are ur beliefs....and its ur life
who...me?
dropped_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #41
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
ok well here is my input....

god sounds egotisticle? he created everything, he deserves to be worshiped, he gave u ur eyesite, he gave ur nose, ur penis u enjoy so much, everything in this world, regardless if u dont believe in god, from a religouse point og view he did, we are talking in a situation where he exist and that hes egotisicle!

Well egotisticle in the sense... that I personally don't think its MANDATORY to pray... 5 times/day in some relgions etc... If it were true, It would make God seem a bit self righteous...

I just can't picture GOD thinking...

"I'm gonna create a soceity of beings that will pray to me 5 times a day, attend church regularily (to praise me) etc..."

I don't think regular prayer and attendance of church (or 'place of worship') should be MANDATORY...... prayer should come from within, under no pressure. No religion (in my opinion) should state that one should pray at certain time.. or for certain reasons, or a set amount of times/day etc... I can't see God really caring about how many times each person prays/attends church.

A~G

Old 01-23-2006, 12:29 AM   #42
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

well that what u think, with all that he has given in this world, i think spending a max of 20 min a day to pray isnt too much....
Old 01-23-2006, 12:30 AM   #43
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncise
Atheist all the way.

this outlook... what can I say....

Its not BAD... aslong as you don't take it the wrong way.

You can be athiest, believe in nothing and grow up being an asshole, stealing, cheating and murdering because you don't believe in a judgement day or anything...

BUT.... athiest doesn't necessarily mean you'll end up a bad person. You can simply not believe in any God, (no prayer/religion) but still live a good honest life being completely considerate to others...

(and hey, if there IS an afterlife, i'm sure God won't cast you out for simply not believing in Him, if you've lived a good honest life, i'm sure he'll be cool with that)

A~G

Old 01-23-2006, 12:33 AM   #44
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
well that what u think, with all that he has given in this world, i think spending a max of 20 min a day to pray isnt too much....
I think prayer is very important, nomatter how long/how many times you choose to pray. ... but it should be out of your own WILL... there should be no guidelines as to when and where and how much and how long your prayers should be. I really don't see a higher power caring too much if you miss a prayer or don't go to a place or worship.

I can see it now

God: "you've lived an honest life, gave to the poor, shown respect to others, helped those in need" ... "BUT... you didn't pray to me.... therefore I CAST THEE OUTTTTT"

lol... thats just my opinion, of course I may be wrong, you may be wrong,... this is all open to interpretation...

A~G

Old 01-23-2006, 12:37 AM   #45
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

well from a religouse point of view, it keeps u in relationship with god, thats how i see it, and if ur persistant the bond gets harder to break, thats why its 5 times.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: