Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-22-2006, 10:04 PM   #16
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick

where can you get a copy of the Koran locally, in english? i'm interested in reading it...anyone know?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:13 PM   #17
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36chick
where can you get a copy of the Koran locally, in english? i'm interested in reading it...anyone know?
local mosque, or any book store.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #18
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
yea but the enlish version varies in translation quality, ask a Sheikh for broader translation, a sheikh is a mulim priest
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #19
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
I don't think any of us are going to ask a Sheikh to translate the entire koran from start to finish for us. Any particular version you recommend of the english Koran Bavaria?.. Books, videos?...
Old 01-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #20
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

http://www.al-islam.org/quran/

its the shia enterpritation of it, the sunnis and shias have different enterpritations of the Wholey Quran
Old 01-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #21
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavaria
yea but the enlish version varies in translation quality, ask a Sheikh for broader translation, a sheikh is a mulim priest
sheikh? i thought they were mullah or imam?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:34 PM   #22
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36chick
sheikh? i thought they were mullah or imam?
If I'm not mistaken, mullah is someone who has a religious education / authority on the koran and the sharia (islamic law). Whereas a Sheikh, is an official religious dictator.

Imam is a leader... not limited to religious leader, but also a community leader.

Bavaria, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:42 PM   #23
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

mulla is a a scholar, that keeps on learning religion, teaches amature Sheikhs, they write books and give lectures...they study their whole life times...for more that 40 years.....
an imam can be just a leader in prayer.....thats about it, i can be an imam to a certain degree, i lead prayer thats it.

a shiekh is like mini scholar, that knows the basics can get couples married and can answers....and they FOLLOW scholars since they are not that educated, they are not on a low status, but they are not on a high one....

i think justin has the explanation correct, i just wanted to elaborate
Old 01-23-2006, 12:34 AM   #24
M3Ab
Pakman

One of the big problems within religion today is the sectarianism involved. Christians have Roman Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans,Pentecostal, Orthodox, Mennonites the list goes on and on. Islam has Sunniism, Shiaism, Suffism, Aga Khans, Marzais, Wahhabis,and the list goes on. Judaism has it's Orthodox, Reform,Reconstructionist, Conservative, Kaballa, Hassidic and it goes on. Hinduism has it's caste system. I could go on with other religions, but I'll use these as my basis.

Many people call themselves Muslims, Jews, Christians, Hindus, Sikhs but really don't practice their religion the way it was originally taught. I believe that from the very advent of sects in different religions, these religions basically were tarnished forever. Gone are the days where you could just call yourself a Muslim or a Jew or a Christian. Now you are either a Sunni Muslim, a Roman Catholic, an Orthodox Jew, you understand where I'm going. Orthodox Christians and the other sects can't even agree on a day they consider Jesus' birthday, December 25th or January 7th...???

I consider and have been taught that Christians and Jews are my brothers and sisters. We are people of the books, the Quran, the Torrah and the Bible. The main difference with a Christian and a Muslim is the belief by Muslims that Jesus was a Holy Prophet, to be respected among prophets such as Moses, Abraham and Adam, and that he was not the Son of God, and that his spirit was taken before he died, and that he will return alive on the Day of Judgement. The Quran has been saved and passed on generationally by scholars that have memorized the Book word for word, and that is why we know today that the original Quran still exists . Unfortunately, there is no true Bible any more, Muslims are taught to respect the teachings of the Bible, however, only in it's original context. Today we have the New International Version, the New King James Version, the New Century Version, the New American Standard Version, the Living Bible, and my ''favorite''..the Revised Standard Version...REVISED??@!! Revised by who???? Why so many versions?

As far as not being able to touch a dog, as one of the members mentioned, that is untrue. Muslims throughout the world keep dogs as pets. However, before you pray, you must be clean, and it is considered unclean to pray in clothes that have been touched by a dog due to the hairs etc. So all that one must do is wash and wear clothes that have not been touched by a dog.

Last edited by M3Ab; 01-23-2006 at 12:36 AM.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:52 AM   #25
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

yea thats true about the dog thing, they are dirty animals, u can touch one, hell u can even own one as long as it doesnt roam in the house.....
they have no sweat glands, which i think makes them dirty, hell walk inside a pet store, when u pass by the dogs, they reak like old unwashed underwear
Old 01-23-2006, 12:54 AM   #26
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
yea thats true about the dog thing, they are dirty animals, u can touch one, hell u can even own one as long as it doesnt roam in the house.....
they have no sweat glands, which i think makes them dirty, hell walk inside a pet store, when u pass by the dogs, they reak like old unwashed underwear

well considering they sit in cages all day long in their own shit/piss.. and its only cleaned out 2 times/day... no wonder they smell like unwashed underwear.

Its unethical treatment of animals... to be locked up like that. all day...

My dog at home is clean.. cleaner than alot of ppl in this world. drinks filtered water and gets bathed regularly...

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:58 AM   #27
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

yea but they still have no sweat glands!
which is the main thing i guess!
Old 01-23-2006, 01:03 AM   #28
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
yea but they still have no sweat glands!
which is the main thing i guess!

Wierd... i never thought there was a direct correlation between having sweat-glands and cleanliness.

If anything you'd think that would make them that much cleaner!

Sweat glands are basically ways of keeping body core temperature constant. (hence, sweating when you're hot, to cool down)

Dogs + other animals use other means of cooling themselves, dogs pant and stick out their tongues, and elephants flap their big ears...

I just don't see how that has anything to do with cleanliness... if anything those who sweat are dirtier, (especially if they don't wear deoderant) lol.

A~G

Old 01-23-2006, 01:05 AM   #29
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

i donno, i read somewhere that sweat has a small percentage of urine or something, i cant remember
Old 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM   #30
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
i donno, i read somewhere that sweat has a small percentage of urine or something, i cant remember

yummmmmmy

A~G

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: