Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-18-2002, 03:22 PM   #1
jeremy
6th Gear Member

lower eyelbrow spoilers for e30

has anyone installed the lower eyebrow spoilers for the e30...i put em' on yesterday, but the way there designed means you either.

a) affix them after the front grill is already screwed in (caulking,2way tape). this means no access to the screws that hold your grille on (the eyebrows cover them)

b) install them on the grill with it off and put the grille back in with no lower screws...meaning the lower part of the grille can flap around..

c)take the grill off attach the eyebrows with screws or whatever and drill holes threw the eyebrows so you have access to the lower screws...meaning you can still take the front grill off..

i went with "c"

anyone else have this problem ? i'll post a pic soon

Last edited by jeremy; 10-18-2002 at 03:47 PM.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 04:17 PM   #2
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowereyebrow.jpg (70.4 KB, 143 views)
Old 10-18-2002, 04:18 PM   #3
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowereyebrow2.jpg (65.3 KB, 137 views)
Old 10-18-2002, 04:19 PM   #4
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowereyebrow3.jpg (66.9 KB, 140 views)
Old 10-18-2002, 05:52 PM   #5
jeremy
6th Gear Member

any comments ...??? i've had em' on for 1 day and i already hate em
Old 10-18-2002, 08:34 PM   #6
jeremy
6th Gear Member

bump
Old 10-18-2002, 09:26 PM   #7
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
Whoa, what the hell dude, did you actually drill right through them?? If you did, no wonder you don't like them, on mine the screws were attached from the inside, you drill holes throught your grill, poke 'em through, and fasten them with a washer from the other side, thats what I did, and I love em........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eyebrows, eyelids(inside).jpg (145.8 KB, 122 views)
Old 10-18-2002, 09:26 PM   #8
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00098.jpg (142.2 KB, 114 views)
Old 10-18-2002, 11:36 PM   #9
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lennon
i tried that...the attached screws didnt line up properlly and you could not fasten them from behind..its hard to explain....i could show you in person...maybe since my bm is newer its differemt ?
Old 10-19-2002, 07:15 AM   #10
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy

i tried that...the attached screws didnt line up properlly and you could not fasten them from behind..its hard to explain....i could show you in person...maybe since my bm is newer its differemt ?
Hey Jeremy,
the screws dont need to line up as YOU need to drill them! Its better to drill slightly bigger then the bolts so you can adjust the eyelids from side to side. If you have ANY problems I will help you put them on when I get back...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 08:47 AM   #11
gsbadbmr
4th Gear Member

Re: Lower Eyelids e30

I Honestly have to say that i DON'T like the lower eyelids at all. It ruins the nice classy/clean front end look. Sometimes, when we put too many things on a car, it just ruins it (especially on a "sick-azz" ride like yours!), but hey, if you like them, that's what counts. I just find it makes the car look "cheap".

The upper eyelids look AMAZING! gsbadbmr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sep07_97-02.jpg (17.5 KB, 102 views)
gsbadbmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 01:51 PM   #12
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Eurostyle

Hey Jeremy,
the screws dont need to line up as YOU need to drill them! Its better to drill slightly bigger then the bolts so you can adjust the eyelids from side to side. If you have ANY problems I will help you put them on when I get back...
i drilled the holes threw the original grill and made them BIGGER to allow for some play.......the threaded rod you had attached to the eybrow hit the meatl lip behind the grill making it near impossible to tighten properly with the wing nut..... regardless of that you could not reach threw the one side (the side of the outer headlight) to fasten it with the wing nut..you could however reach threw too do the side of the inside light by removing the center grill...* if you tried to attach the eyelids with the grille off, then you could not fasten the bottom portion of the grill...when you come back i will show you in person...as i tried in my shop for about an hour to figure out someway they would work..
Old 10-19-2002, 01:53 PM   #13
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Re: Re: Lower Eyelids e30

Quote:
Originally posted by gsbadbmr
I Honestly have to say that i DON'T like the lower eyelids at all. It ruins the nice classy/clean front end look. Sometimes, when we put too many things on a car, it just ruins it (especially on a "sick-azz" ride like yours!), but hey, if you like them, that's what counts. I just find it makes the car look "cheap".

The upper eyelids look AMAZING! gsbadbmr
thanks... ...and i totaly agree....no offense fillip....i just dont think they suite my car.......however they do look nice on yours and lennon's ...i'm not trying to bitch...you live and learn..
Old 10-20-2002, 08:15 AM   #14
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy

i drilled the holes threw the original grill and made them BIGGER to allow for some play.......the threaded rod you had attached to the eybrow hit the meatl lip behind the grill making it near impossible to tighten properly with the wing nut..... regardless of that you could not reach threw the one side (the side of the outer headlight) to fasten it with the wing nut..you could however reach threw too do the side of the inside light by removing the center grill...* if you tried to attach the eyelids with the grille off, then you could not fasten the bottom portion of the grill...when you come back i will show you in person...as i tried in my shop for about an hour to figure out someway they would work..
Maybe the problem is from the wing nuts...it was the first time I used them! As for the space, THERE is, once you remove the black cover at the back of the headlights, and the centre of the grill (kidney). As for the look, that is a personal thing...I liked it on my silver car, but I like my white 4 door WITHOUT!!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:27 AM   #15
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Eurostyle

Maybe the problem is from the wing nuts...it was the first time I used them! As for the space, THERE is, once you remove the black cover at the back of the headlights, and the centre of the grill (kidney). As for the look, that is a personal thing...I liked it on my silver car, but I like my white 4 door WITHOUT!!!!
i removed the cover at the back of the headlights...unless you have hands like "e.t", there is no way you could reach..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: