Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Liberal 26 29.55%
Conservative 26 29.55%
New Democratic Party (NDP) 18 20.45%
Bloc Québécois 1 1.14%
Green Party 12 13.64%
CHP 1 1.14%
Other 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2006, 12:12 AM   #31
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
The problem with the liberal party, they are the demon that they portray the cons to be. The war in Iraq? Martin voted for it. Healthcare? It's in the current state due to Martin's cuts as finance minister, and has been privatized under Martin's watch. Gutting social programs? How do you think the liberals ended up with all those surpluses? Tax cuts? Martin gives one of the countries biggest tax cuts one year after demonizing harper about it during the 2004 campaign.

Besides gay marriage and scandals, what exactly have they done for us?
As far as I know, Martin did not vote for the war in Iraq. This is why Canada doesn't officially support the US efforts in Iraq- and why other countries like UK and spain are getting bombed. Don't you remember how there was a huge scandal on E-bay last year where US sellers wouldn't ship anything to Canada because we didn't support Iraq?? Harper would have supported it.

Also, regarding privatization of healthcare and social programs- sure, it's a bad idea, but it's not completely privatized- doctor visits are still free, and other stuff is still covered by insurance. Providing free healthcare is more of a politically correct feel good thing. Sort of how some places have 10 handicap parking spaces- it's correct and right, but in reality it's a waste because at most maybe 2 handicap cars would be there at any one time.

About gay marriages- **** that shit. Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. And I have no clue why gays would want to model their relationships on a straight convention.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:36 AM   #32
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Gay marriage for the win!!
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:59 AM   #33
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

who really cares, we are always going to complain about whoever is in power.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:38 AM   #34
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
yeah, harper's easy to complain against. hence

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:55 AM   #35
Trit
3rd Gear Member

Ok, not to start a fight or anything, but how does gay marriage affect anyone who is not gay? Its not like they're forcing YOU to marry a dude, why would it matter to you? And although it IS largely a matter of them wanting to solidify a relationship, there are also alot of financial benifits to married couples. Why should sexual preference be held against them?
Trit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:07 AM   #36
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trit
Ok, not to start a fight or anything, but how does gay marriage affect anyone who is not gay? Its not like they're forcing YOU to marry a dude, why would it matter to you? And although it IS largely a matter of them wanting to solidify a relationship, there are also alot of financial benifits to married couples. Why should sexual preference be held against them?
very valid point, my 1st choice is Liberal ten NDP!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:37 AM   #37
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
voted.
my stance will remain private.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:46 AM   #38
Primus
super blinger

liberals= modern day criminals

there all about makin money, not serving their country (now a days) there washed up, their party has gone downhill since bryan marhounie (sp?)

im voting (if i get off my ass) the Nazi party (NDP)
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:22 AM   #39
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
im voting liberal...

Lastly, I like the liberal mp running in toronto, TOny Iaoto. good guy met him a few times. These are my reasons for voting liberal.
If I still lived in Trinity Spadina, I'd vote Ianno also. He's a real good guy, I went down to him last year coz' my grandmother was having immigration problems and he helped her out. Even though I don't like his party, he's cool in my books.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #40
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
As far as I know, Martin did not vote for the war in Iraq. This is why Canada doesn't officially support the US efforts in Iraq- and why other countries like UK and spain are getting bombed. Don't you remember how there was a huge scandal on E-bay last year where US sellers wouldn't ship anything to Canada because we didn't support Iraq?? Harper would have supported it.
Actually, Martin, who was campaigning against Chretien at the time, was 100% for sending troops in Iraq. Chretien put the kibosh on it. And yes, Harper did vote yes for Iraq as well, but at least he admits he was wrong. (Another interesting point, the next liberal leader wannabe, Ignatief, is also a strong Iraq supporter).

Quote:
Also, regarding privatization of healthcare and social programs- sure, it's a bad idea, but it's not completely privatized- doctor visits are still free, and other stuff is still covered by insurance. Providing free healthcare is more of a politically correct feel good thing. Sort of how some places have 10 handicap parking spaces- it's correct and right, but in reality it's a waste because at most maybe 2 handicap cars would be there at any one time.
I'm all for charging user fees, but against any form of privatization.

Quote:
About gay marriages- **** that shit. Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. And I have no clue why gays would want to model their relationships on a straight convention.
While I agree, that issue wouldn't affect my vote. There's more important issues facing us than two guys getting married.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #41
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
I honestly don't really follow politics. Is there a web site that I could go to and get an overview on each party so I can make an informed decision?
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:34 AM   #42
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl
I honestly don't really follow politics. Is there a web site that I could go to and get an overview on each party so I can make an informed decision?
www.elections.ca

The only right decision is an informed decision
Old 01-18-2006, 08:36 AM   #43
Hasselhoff
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico328i
Interesting poll. In my opinion, if one is eligible to vote, and chooses not to. Then DON'T COMPLAIN about anything political!

Good start here Nelson...I'm gonna follow this thread.
It was very enlightening to see the results! I agree with Rico, if you don't bother to vote - you've got no right to complain about anything political.

If you want to make a statement and not pick anyone, scratch your ballot. People around the world still fight, and die, for the right to a free vote. The least we can do is make the effort to get out and cast a ballot, even if it's just to scratch it. That's just my $0.02 though.
Hasselhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:48 AM   #44
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl
Click each issue in the left column to see a drill down of each political party's platform: click here.

Justin
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #45
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Everyone has some things they are conservative about and some things they are liberal about.

Im going conservative although I disagree with their abortion stance.

I figure, Liberals are crooks and every other party will not be able to get anything done... Conservatives FTW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: