Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #31
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
There is an island in the states, i dont know whats it called that has a nuclear power plant I think its in New york or something... about a decade ago they had a similar incident to chernobyl..
Are you talking about Love Canal? It was one of the world's largest disasters but was not a nuclear plant.
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #32
sirex
King Sirex

3 mile island nuclear disaster, pensylvania , happened in 1979, excuse my dates.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/three/
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #33
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

^^got it.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:34 PM   #34
sirex
King Sirex

says it wasn't a complete meltdown. and im too lazy to read everything, but Im just trying to say that American stuff isn't all that much safer then russian stuff.

MIR space station? Was up there how long? No one died.. How many shuttles have exploded?
The only thing the Russians lack are making things look pretty.. but damn does their shit work and damn reliable to.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #35
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
Canada doesn't need the US as much as you think. Apart from shit autos , what does america really manufacture anymore? Everything is offshored and they're shooting themselves in the foot because it comes full circle at some point.

They need us much more than we need them. We've the natural resources that they need. They can keep their mcDonalds their unimaginative hollywood chick flicks.

United States — GDP: $ 11,750,000,000,000
Canada — GDP: $ 1,023,000,000,000

nuff said
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #36
sirex
King Sirex

they have 10 times our population though.... if their GDP wasn't that then they would be a poor country.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #37
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
says it wasn't a complete meltdown. and im too lazy to read everything, but Im just trying to say that American stuff isn't all that much safer then russian stuff.

MIR space station? Was up there how long? No one died.. How many shuttles have exploded?
The only thing the Russians lack are making things look pretty.. but damn does their shit work and damn reliable to.
Maybe you haven't seen the documentary on the development of MIR. A lot of lives were lost just to get that thing up there.

That's the difference. They don't publicize their disasters or lives lost when creating WMD or other things to compete with the U.S.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:46 PM   #38
SickFinga

Quote:

Heh, good point

Anyway, originally MIR was planed to orbir Earth for 5 years.
It was in space for 15.

Soyuz space program is operational for more than 30 years without any accidents.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:46 PM   #39
sirex
King Sirex

6speedMaxSE yeah i guess thats a good point.. trhey are good at cleaning their tracks.. didn't really think about that..... i never did watch the documentary about it.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #40
SickFinga

Quote:
they have 10 times our population though.... if their GDP wasn't that then they would be a poor country.
Exactly. Money is everything. So the way China is growing, it will soon surpass USA. Then, interesting things gonna be happening.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #41
sirex
King Sirex

we will see..

I seriously doubt anything interesting is going to happen. Maybe the chinese will smarten up, drop the whole communist ideology, start treating their people like humans and embrace hollywood.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #42
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedMaxSE
Maybe you haven't seen the documentary on the development of MIR. A lot of lives were lost just to get that thing up there.

That's the difference. They don't publicize their disasters or lives lost when creating WMD or other things to compete with the U.S.

All space programs were highly publicized in USSR. All launches were aired on live TV. Just to piss americans off. So I dont think much stuff was coverd up.

Also, dont you think americans cover up death's of their own people when they test some secret weapons, technologies???
Old 01-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #43
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
All space programs were highly publicized in USSR. All launches were aired on live TV. Just to piss americans off. So I dont think much stuff was coverd up.

Also, dont you think americans cover up death's of their own people when they test some secret weapons, technologies???
I can't find what channel that came on but it was either TLC or History.

The launches were publicized like you said to "piss Americans off". Would a disaster "piss Americans off"? No, we would laugh...therefore, sweep it under the rug.

Yes Americans have died for science and military. Although, our voices can be heard in a democracy. In a Communist society, it isn't the case.

Alright boys...headed home for the great old traffic rush!
Old 01-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #44
sirex
King Sirex

i did a search on google.. came up pretty blank regarding deaths and MIR program.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #45
SickFinga

Quote:
I can't find what channel that came on but it was either TLC or History.

The launches were publicized like you said to "piss Americans off". Would a disaster "piss Americans off"? No, we would laugh...therefore, sweep it under the rug.
But it worked, didnt it??
It worked in 1961 and it worked in 1986.

Quote:
Yes Americans have died for science and military. Although, our voices can be heard in a democracy. In a Communist society, it isn't the case.

Alright boys...headed home for the great old traffic rush!
Lets not compare Commie USSR to Democratic USA here, this is not what this thread about.
You all been brainwashed that communism is evil, we were all brainwashed capitalism is evil.

To me, I'm all up for profit, **** sharing.
But if you ask my grandmother, she would say Commie USSR was the best time of her life.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: