Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #1
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

330i Harmon Kardon Amp?

Hey guys and gals,

i was wondering if u knew where i could find the wiring diagram for the amplifier for the harmon kardon system that comes factory with the 330i. Please help.

Or if anyone knows their stuff about audio systems, pls pm me.

PS.
NEVER GO TO BEST BUY, ASSHOLES SAY THEY KNOW SHIT, BUT DONT KNOW JACK SHIT. sorry had to vent.
vegabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

What, is your question on the amp??At the begining, they where O.K but now they are like FS....
Old 12-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #3
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

ok here is my problem, i changed the head unit to a pioneer navigation for my mom, but when i realized i need some bass, so i added a sub and amp no problem, then i realized the high and mids were getting distorted. I have the HK system in my car already, but it did not do any good, the bass was to much. So i bought a four channel. I took it to best buy to get hooked up and the guy said he knew what he was doing. I let them work on it and when it was done it seem ok. I used it for a while, the low mids sounded much better, the highs were still the same. A few days ago i had a problem with the navi, so i took it out and send it in for repair, i used a alpine head unit in the time being. This is when i found out how bad best buy messed up. The HK system has 10 speaker, plus 2 subs( or soo they are called). 3 up front L/R (tweeter mid and low mids), back 2 L/R (low mids and tweeters). Since i thought everything was running threw the rca, i did not connect the speaker wires. Thats when i realized, that only the LOW MIDS (4 speakers) were on the amplifier, nothing else was connected. The sub worked like normal cause its got its own amp, but the TWEETER NOR THE MIDS WORKED.

I knew there had to be a crossover install and they said they did it, even charged me custom labor for it. THEY DID NOTHING.

I need to know the diagram so i can make my own crossover and set it up with the 4 channel amp running all the speakers. + i need to fix the engine noise ( a problem they said i had to "deal with")

That is what i need to do, if you can help me, please let me know.

PS if there is any way i can get back at best buy please let me know, i am soo mad they messed me up.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:03 PM   #4
Jiver
All For One & One For All

Send a message via MSN to Jiver
Get back at them (Best Buy) by returning and insisting to have the job done right or ask for you money refunded. Keep going back until you are satisfied with their work or until you get your money back.

At this point, because they messed up and promised work and equipment that was apparently over looked, I would think twice about letting them continue to work on your BMW. Should have been done right in the first place.

In future, stay away from Best Buy, Future Shop, etc. These places are good for buying some items cheap. Installs, I doubt they have the experience. Spend the extra money and go to a place where they specialize in car audio installations.

Good Luck...

Enter the World of Ballroom Dance
One for All and All for One
Jiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:05 PM   #5
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

The kicker is that some of the installer are M.E.C.P.cert. too. I see all alot of bad work or hear of bad work..So you want to run a 4 channel on 10 speaker setup,WOW & COOl, you will be making your own ZOBAL net work too, have fun on that as well. I will, try to find out the wiring diagram for you cool. And to get back now after you redid some of it...
Old 12-02-2005, 12:21 AM   #6
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

my best friend is pretty handy with that kinda stuff so i just gotto wait till he gets back in town. The only reason i went to best buy was because if they mess anything up, they will fix it. Their work is guaranteed for life, and they dont know who installed it or what they did. Now that i have that coverage in place (because of all the paperwork), i can work on my own car and if anything should go wrong, guess whos fault it is.

i will keep you guys informed on my project, heck if we can design a good crossover and get everything working like i want, i can post the design for you guys here on max. I know many of us hate taking the stock look away, so if i can intergrate this amp into the factory system without too much trouble, i think people might appricate it.

But i am still trying to locate the wiring diagram for the HK amp, do you guys think if i went to a stealership they would have it (and maybe let me photocopy it)?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:18 PM   #7
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

Sounds good, I will try, to get the diagram for you, but if get before me cool.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #8
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

are all wiring diagrams the same, eg. 99 328 with hk and the a 03 330i with hk. are the amps the same?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #9
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

yes if they have the same setup as you...
Old 12-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #10
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

thanks cool.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #11
Canuck328i
1st Gear Newbie

This is the same for all E46 external amplifier units, h/k or not:

Grey ½ of connector

Pin # 13 / Tweeter Rear Right door + * Yellow Pin # 21 / Tweeter Rear Right door - *Blue / yellow

Pin # 12 / Tweeter Front Right - Blue / Brown Pin #20 / no connection

Pin # 11 / Tweeter Front Right + Blue / black Pin #19 / no connection

Pin # 10 / Switched +12v remote turn on White Pin #18 / no connection

Pin # 9 / Head unit output Front Right + Blue / red Pin #17 / Head unit output Front Right - Brown / orange

Pin # 8 / Head unit output Rear Right + Blue / black Pin #16 / Head unit output Rear Right - Brown / orange

Pin # 7 / no connection Pin #15 / no connection

Pin # 6 / no connection Pin #14 / no connection

Pin # 5 / +12v factory amp +12v supply *Red / green

Pin # 4 / Woofer Front Left +Blue / white

Pin # 3 / Woofer Front Left -Blue / brown

Pin # 2 / Woofer Rear Left +Yellow

Pin # 1 / Woofer Rear Left -Brown

Black ½ of connector

Pin # 34 / Tweeter Front Left - Yellow / brown Pin # 42 / Mid Front Right door + *Green

Pin # 33 / Tweeter Front Left + Yellow / red Pin #41 / Mid Front Right door - *Blue / green

Pin # 32 / Tweeter Rear left door - * Yellow / brown Pin #40 / Mid Front left door + *White

Pin # 31 / Tweeter Rear Left door + * Yellow / black Pin #39 / Mid Front left door - *Blue / white

Pin # 30 / Head output Front left - Brown / orange Pin #38 / Head output Front Left + Yellow / red

Pin # 29 / Head output Rear Left - Brown / orange Pin #37 / Head output Rear Left + Yellow / black

Pin # 28 / no connection Pin #36 / no connection

Pin # 27 / no connection Pin #35 / no connection

Pin # 26 / DC ground factory ampBrown

Pin # 25 / Woofer Rear Right +Blue

Pin # 24 / Woofer Rear Right -Brown

Pin # 23 / Woofer Front Right +Blue / Red

Pin # 22 / Woofer Front Right -Blue / Brown

Mark
Canuck328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #12
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

hey thanks alot, really appreciate it.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #13
rendered
6th Gear Member

so you have an aftermarket Navigation headunit. Sub amp, and a 4 channel amp?

Why would you want to use stock speakers?

maybe I'm not seeing the picture, but why not simplify your life, buy a nice component set for the front, and if you want rear fill, buy one for the back, or just stick with coxials, and run new speaker wire directly from the amps, and bypass the Harmon Kardon system entirely!?

in bmw, if you go aftermarket headunit, better to stick with completely aftermarket and totally bypass the factory system or else you're looking for problems.

Unless factory integration is desired. in which case you buy a high end line out converter, like the ones seen on davidnavone.com and add a sub amp and subs while keeping your factory headunit.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:13 AM   #14
rendered
6th Gear Member

but yes, I confirmed that wiring printout that was posted is the same as the one I have.

I tapped the headunit output front left and right for my high end line out converter and ran it to a sub amp. It sounds fantastic!
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: