Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
Suspended Licence... HELP!



So i got home this morning, and there was some mail for me in my room. One of the letters was from the Ministry Of Transportation.........


I open it up, and it reads.....


YOUR DRIVERS LICENCE IS SUPSENDED UNDER
SECTION 46 OF THE HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT
FOR NOT PAYING A FINE OR FINES EFFECTIVE
JAN 06, 2006

YOUR LICENCE WILL REMAIN SUSPENDED
UNTIL ALL FINES ARE PAID. FINE PAYMENTS
MUST BE MADE TO A PROVINCIAL OFFENCES
ACT COURT OFFICE. CALL YOUR LOCAL
PROVINCIAL OFFENCES ACT COURT OFFICE
FOR FINES INFORMATION AND PAYMENT
LOCATIONS.

NOTES: AFTER FINES PAYMENT IS RECIEVED A MINIMUM OF 4 DAYS IS NEEDED TO PROCESS REINSTATEMENT OF YOUR LICENCE.


Okay, now this is where i get pissed..... on the back it says i have to return my liscence to the ministry.....



HOW?! they want me to mail it, which will take forever, and i have to pay 150 to get my licenece reinstated!

Now i know i'm not a complete victime here, i could swore i had more time to pay a fine (and i didn't get any notices in the mail to pay before the due date, which i've received before!).

The main thing that pisses me off is government workers (sorry guys).... its just that people drive 24hours a day, and now that i JUST got the letter NOW, which i've been driving since the 6th i want to pay it off RIGHT NOW, but i can't cause all they're lazy asses work like 6mins a day.

Anyone know if i can pay this thing off right now..... like a 24hour Cout office or something??
__________________
Keven Soldo
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,685
hahaha pwn
__________________
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,766
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
lol mkgino you're a fag.

soldo, mail em your licence, as soon as it gets reinstated, go to the ministry, they'll give you a paper licence till yours gets back
__________________
I run a canadian HID kit company, if you have any questions about hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #4
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo
So i got home this morning, and there was some mail for me in my room. One of the letters was from the Ministry Of Transportation.........


I open it up, and it reads.....


YOUR DRIVERS LICENCE IS SUPSENDED UNDER
SECTION 46 OF THE HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT
FOR NOT PAYING A FINE OR FINES EFFECTIVE
JAN 06, 2006

YOUR LICENCE WILL REMAIN SUSPENDED
UNTIL ALL FINES ARE PAID. FINE PAYMENTS
MUST BE MADE TO A PROVINCIAL OFFENCES
ACT COURT OFFICE. CALL YOUR LOCAL
PROVINCIAL OFFENCES ACT COURT OFFICE
FOR FINES INFORMATION AND PAYMENT
LOCATIONS.

NOTES: AFTER FINES PAYMENT IS RECIEVED A MINIMUM OF 4 DAYS IS NEEDED TO PROCESS REINSTATEMENT OF YOUR LICENCE.


Okay, now this is where i get pissed..... on the back it says i have to return my liscence to the ministry.....



HOW?! they want me to mail it, which will take forever, and i have to pay 150 to get my licenece reinstated!

Now i know i'm not a complete victime here, i could swore i had more time to pay a fine (and i didn't get any notices in the mail to pay before the due date, which i've received before!).

The main thing that pisses me off is government workers (sorry guys).... its just that people drive 24hours a day, and now that i JUST got the letter NOW, which i've been driving since the 6th i want to pay it off RIGHT NOW, but i can't cause all they're lazy asses work like 6mins a day.

Anyone know if i can pay this thing off right now..... like a 24hour Cout office or something??

Don't blame government workers.... all we do is ENFORCE the laws... its like blaming a cop for giving you a ticket for running a red light.

I work for revenue Canada... i have shitloads of ppl blaming me for everything as a government employee.

You got a fine... you THOUGHT you had more time to pay it... but infact you didn't... and now you're pissed off because the laws are being enforced.

They're not obligated to send you reminder notices...


I know it sucks, check if the ministry has a link on their website to pay set fines... if not, mail it in. The amount due is considered recieved on the day the mail is stamped. If you put it in the mail on monday, it is considered recieved ON MONDAY...


I know its a drag, but you should have just paid on time... if this were revenue canada... we'd also slap on a late payment penalty (usually 5% of the amount due) AND daily compounded interest (6% initial and 1% monthly)


ppffttt...if i were u i'd pay the fine asap... and for now.. just keep driving. lol.
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #5
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 9,949
Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
wat would happen if u dont send them ur liences? can u get arrested for it??

that sucks for u.
__________________
#E36-S54 #CSLWannabe
ZiMMie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #6
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
Well i'm not supposed to be driving, OBVIOUSLY!
But i really don't want to mail my licence, rather just keep it!

I know its MY fault it got suspended and i'm fine with that, but yes, i AM blaming government workers, WHY?!

Because, first off, i've been suspened since the 6th of january, and the letter JUST got to me yesterday, i could have been seriously ****ED over if i was caught driving suspended. Why couldn't they just have expressed mailed a letter like that? Or sent it out earlier so it reaches me on the 6th, not a week later!

And a cop gives me a ticket thats fine, i made a mistake, i'm not bitching, i know it sucks, but thats life..... but i cops don't work till 4 everyday, and get all weekends off.

Point i'm trying to make is people have licences which are used 24/7, and i HAVE the cash to pay them to get my ****in licence back, but now i gotta wait till MONDAY to pay it..... ANDDD its going to take a minimum of 4 days to process??? WHY??? I have to pay a fee of 150 to get my licence back, which is FINE, but at least make the 150 go to something like SPEEDY SERVICE!!!


Just useless!
__________________
Keven Soldo
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #7
Justin e36
---
 
Justin e36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: etobicoke
Posts: 12,331
Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Go to the court houses to pay off your fine. It will take 1-4 days to register in the system, however if you get a receipt you'll be fine. Go to any MTO office with the receipt of payment, and they will reinstate your license immediately. You will be provided with a paper license and a sticker that goes over your current license that says it's for ID purposes only. A new license will be sent to you in the mail.

Note that this can affect your insurance, and driving record. This is at your insurance company's discretion. When you apply at a new insurance company they will usually ask, "Has your license been suspended in the past 3 years? [YES/NO]" Some places will refuse to insure you.

Also, you can usually drive your vehicle... if you get pulled over for whatever reason, the police officer will see that your license has recently been suspended. Tell him you never got a letter in the mail, and you were actually on your way to pay the fine now. Unlikely he/she will give you a ticket, however they may pull you off the road and you'll have to call some friends to drive your car back.

Justin
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #8
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Go to the court houses to pay off your fine. It will take 1-4 days to register in the system, however if you get a receipt you'll be fine. Go to any MTO office with the receipt of payment, and they will reinstate your license immediately. You will be provided with a paper license and a sticker that goes over your current license that says it's for ID purposes only. A new license will be sent to you in the mail.

Note that this can affect your insurance, and driving record. This is at your insurance company's discretion. When you apply at a new insurance company they will usually ask, "Has your license been suspended in the past 3 years? [YES/NO]" Some places will refuse to insure you.

Also, you can usually drive your vehicle... if you get pulled over for whatever reason, the police officer will see that your license has recently been suspended. Tell him you never got a letter in the mail, and you were actually on your way to pay the fine now. Unlikely he/she will give you a ticket, however they may pull you off the road and you'll have to call some friends to drive your car back.

Justin
THANK YOU!

I mean that, this is exactly what i needed to know, and now knowing that i do appologize, but still think government employees are slackers


__________________
Keven Soldo
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #9
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Also, you can usually drive your vehicle... if you get pulled over for whatever reason, the police officer will see that your license has recently been suspended. Tell him you never got a letter in the mail, and you were actually on your way to pay the fine now. Unlikely he/she will give you a ticket, however they may pull you off the road and you'll have to call some friends to drive your car back.

Justin

I wouldn't recommend that.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #10
notjoe
600rwhp here i come
 
notjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: A Dream World
Posts: 2,716
Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
I would pay the fine ASAP.

Now, you cannot get your license re-instated until the fine payment has been registered on the system which is about 2-3 business days.

The cop has the ability to see why your license is suspended.

Play stupid. Tell the cop you never received the letter and that you have paid the fine and they didnt say anything about the license being suspended. Show him the recepit.

It's happened to me once or twice and he let me go and told me to go get it taken care of ASAP BUT you do run the risk of him being a hardass and giving you a driving while under suspension ticket. 1 year additional suspension + $1000 fine as the minimum i believe.
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #11
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjoe
I would pay the fine ASAP.

Now, you cannot get your license re-instated until the fine payment has been registered on the system which is about 2-3 business days.

The cop has the ability to see why your license is suspended.

Play stupid. Tell the cop you never received the letter and that you have paid the fine and they didnt say anything about the license being suspended. Show him the recepit.

It's happened to me once or twice and he let me go and told me to go get it taken care of ASAP BUT you do run the risk of him being a hardass and giving you a driving while under suspension ticket. 1 year additional suspension + $1000 fine as the minimum i believe.
OUCH!

You sure that it takes 2-3 days to straighten out?
__________________
Keven Soldo
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:57 PM   #12
notjoe
600rwhp here i come
 
notjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: A Dream World
Posts: 2,716
Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Yup, however there is a phone number you can get from them which lets you punch in your license number and get the status of it so that once they have registered the payment you can hit them up and pay the fee
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #13
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo
Well i'm not supposed to be driving, OBVIOUSLY!
But i really don't want to mail my licence, rather just keep it!

I know its MY fault it got suspended and i'm fine with that, but yes, i AM blaming government workers, WHY?!

Because, first off, i've been suspened since the 6th of january, and the letter JUST got to me yesterday, i could have been seriously ****ED over if i was caught driving suspended. Why couldn't they just have expressed mailed a letter like that? Or sent it out earlier so it reaches me on the 6th, not a week later!

And a cop gives me a ticket thats fine, i made a mistake, i'm not bitching, i know it sucks, but thats life..... but i cops don't work till 4 everyday, and get all weekends off.

Point i'm trying to make is people have licences which are used 24/7, and i HAVE the cash to pay them to get my ****in licence back, but now i gotta wait till MONDAY to pay it..... ANDDD its going to take a minimum of 4 days to process??? WHY??? I have to pay a fee of 150 to get my licence back, which is FINE, but at least make the 150 go to something like SPEEDY SERVICE!!!


Just useless!

Well... try this... don't send your license... drive... if you get caught... tell them you never got the letter!

If they dont' get your license in a few weeks what they'll do is send the request registered mail (you'll have to sign for it)... but by that time you would have already paid!
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #14
Jari
4th Gear Member
 
Jari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beeton ON
Posts: 672
funny I didn't even notice the part where it says to pay the fine.

I paid my fine after such a letter and pleaded with the clerk to speed up the process so I could drive that same day. There was nothing she could do, but strongly hinted that if I show the receipt of payment should I get pulled over I'd be fine. I didn't trust her on that but I drove anyways hoping my license gets reinstated on the police computers before I got pulled over.
Jari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #15
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari
funny I didn't even notice the part where it says to pay the fine.

I paid my fine after such a letter and pleaded with the clerk to speed up the process so I could drive that same day. There was nothing she could do, but strongly hinted that if I show the receipt of payment should I get pulled over I'd be fine. I didn't trust her on that but I drove anyways hoping my license gets reinstated on the police computers before I got pulled over.
Hmmm, okay, i just may try this, since i live in the goddamn boonies, and i NEED my car!

So i can't pay the 150 until the court fees are payed!
__________________
Keven Soldo
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015