Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-13-2006, 03:22 PM   #1
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
**Please Read**

I work at Volvo of Toronto down town and one of the wholesale dealers we deal with asked me to check out this website for his nephew. If everyone could check it out and possiple sign the petition he would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Link
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
SickFinga

Quote:
We suggest that anyone convicted of possession of an illegal firearm or illegal use of a firearm should be sentenced to a minimum of 10 years in jail without the possibility of parole. There should absolutely be no bail and the court processes should be much faster in dealing with violations that involve firearms.

I think 10 years minimum without possibility of a parole for gun possession is just overboard.

Quote:
We suggest for suspicious individuals to be fingerprinted before entering the country (whether they are entering as refugees or coming from a country for which Canada doesn’t require a visa). We also suggest tougher immigration laws for certain countries where the majority of the criminals are from. This is similar to the approach that the USA has used to target a certain group of people after September 11th 2001. Also, we need much tougher border patrolling to avoid smuggling of firearms into the country. Furthermore, a life sentence should be imposed for repeated offenders who smuggle firearms into the country.
Suspicious individuals???
And who and how they gonna determine who is more or less suspicious?
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
yah straight up. i don't agree with all that.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
M3Ab
Pakman

I feel for the guy that got killed, I've bought a few cars from the dealership he worked at, and I never once had a problem with the cars or the guys that worked there.

As far as his petition, a few of the things I definitely agree with, others are a bit overboard. I think he should shorten the list of what he's asking for to be changed. No one in any governmental position, will take a petition that is asking for so many changes, very seriously.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

I think they should give 15 years in jail without the possibility of parole.

THERE'S NO NEED TO CARY A ****ING GUN AROUND WITH YOU.

And if you kill with a gun i think they should ****ing chop your arms off and a leg, and let you suffer.

By the way what is more outrageous is, HOW THE **** DO YOU RELEASE A SUSPECT ON BAIL WHO FUCING KILLING PEOPLE. I really dont get it.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER

And if you kill with a gun i think they should ****ing chop your arms off and a leg, and let you suffer.

By the way what is more outrageous is, HOW THE **** DO YOU RELEASE A SUSPECT ON BAIL WHO FUCING KILLING PEOPLE. I really dont get it.

I couldnt have put it better myself!!
U dont need a gun, adn if you do have one, get the proper paper work for everything!

**** that 10 years is a minimum!!!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
cant sign it
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #8
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betray
cant sign it
me neither, but im very sorry to hear what happened

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
I think 10 years minimum without possibility of a parole for gun possession is just overboard.?
Yeah, that's just stupid. You get about 12 years for manslaughter and you're out in 4-5.

Quote:
Suspicious individuals???
And who and how they gonna determine who is more or less suspicious?
Well that one you could just do criminal background checks. But I actually don't think Canada allows people with criminal records in. I know a guy who wanted to help his "business partner" immigrate but he got rejected due to his record in Russia.

Another "gun kill, death bad" bleeding heart story. Sorry, mine has bled dry and doesn't give a shit anymore. Incarcerating someone for 10 years with no parole for having a gun illegally is like putting a driver in jail for manslaughter if they're DUI. Well he COULD have run someone over... Bush Sr tried that shit with "preventive detention", but cooler heads prevailed, who aren't scared of their own shadow and put these events in perspective of all other types of unnatural deaths and realize it's NOTHING. How many people drown, should we make swimming illegal? How many die in car related events, make those things illegal too? Enough already. Mahatma Gandhi said that freedom is not worth having if it doesn't include the freedom of making mistakes. 10 years with no chance of redemption for having a gun is ****ing chicken shit idiocy.

And the most important issue to Canadians is not safety but freedom. Ben Franklin said that those who are willing to sacrifice some freedom for some safety, will lose both and deserve neither.

Weapons are not the problem, crime is, specifically criminals. "Longer jail sentences and banning handguns" type drivel repeated a thousand times a day will fix nothing. The problem stems from education or lack thereof. Apathy of parents and teachers, lack of rolemodels... the list goes on. To me it became clear when I spent most of this year outside of Toronto and even outside of Canada. Everywhere you look now, there are these ****ing "thugs". All kinds of badasses - it's like some really bad fashion trend that just won't die. Make parents responsible for their children. In communist Russia, it used to be that a crime committed by a minor would result in penalties (with potential jail time) for the parents. When their own ass will be in a sling, they'll suddenly start to care, instead of just saying "oh I give up, my son doesn't listen". Oh he doesn't? Well beat his ass until he does. My friends in Russia would have their asses whooped until they were raw. Seemed to un**** their heads just fine! What's happening there now is a future beware of where we are heading. Time to wake up. And all these garbage petitions that no one in power gives a **** about, aren't the way to do it.

Last edited by BigD; 01-13-2006 at 07:43 PM.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
i agree with you 100% ...if the consiquences of carrying a gun was 10-15 years in jail with no parole and it was actualy enforced, i think there wouldn't be some many kids packing guns...but all these young offenders pack gats cause they know it's just a slap on the wrist for them..

it's a scary world now of days...

the only people who should have/carry guns are cops and soldiers... and they should stay locked up at the sation when the cop is off duty...

i also think hunting for sport is GHEY ! if you are hunting animals and eating them to survive, that's one thing...but for sport is gay !
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:28 AM   #11
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Well that one you could just do criminal background checks. But I actually don't think Canada allows people with criminal records in. I know a guy who wanted to help his "business partner" immigrate but he got rejected due to his record in Russia.
They do background check on all immigrants, so it is given and I appove that.
But this, "suspecious" people should be fingerprinted, is just way too broad to enforce.
What USA is doing right now, fingerprinting every middle eastern person crossing the boarder, is just disgusting and racist in my opinion. I dont want this to happen to Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
In communist Russia, it used to be that a crime committed by a minor would result in penalties (with potential jail time) for the parents. When their own ass will be in a sling, they'll suddenly start to care, instead of just saying "oh I give up, my son doesn't listen". Oh he doesn't? Well beat his ass until he does. My friends in Russia would have their asses whooped until they were raw. Seemed to un**** their heads just fine!
Great point, to be honest, I forgot about this already.
I believe it was until you are 18, your parents were fully responsible for you and were accountable for their kid's actions.
I think its was a great idea. Along with beating your kids, some kids definitly need a proper ass whopping.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:36 AM   #12
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy
i agree with you 100% ...if the consiquences of carrying a gun was 10-15 years in jail with no parole and it was actualy enforced, i think there wouldn't be some many kids packing guns...but all these young offenders pack gats cause they know it's just a slap on the wrist for them..
Shoplifting is a big problem too. Should we cut off shoplifter's hand for stealing like they do in some countries?

What if someone collects guns, and get a gun that's banned in Canada. He gets gun possession charges and gets thrown in jail for 10 years.

What if some kid steals a gun from their parents to show off in front of friends, he gets busted an gets 10 years?

Do you really think people in those scenarios deserve to get 10 years in prison?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:51 AM   #13
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

WOW.........R.I.P.........like what everyone is saying 25 or even more. but it will not bring him back at all.........
Old 01-14-2006, 03:30 AM   #14
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Quote:
Shoplifting is a big problem too. Should we cut off shoplifter's hand for stealing like they do in some countries?

What if someone collects guns, and get a gun that's banned in Canada. He gets gun possession charges and gets thrown in jail for 10 years.

What if some kid steals a gun from their parents to show off in front of friends, he gets busted an gets 10 years?

Do you really think people in those scenarios deserve to get 10 years in prison?
Shoplifting does not kill people.

Someone who collects guns: They should make some kind of replica of that gun for collectors. Or how would he get that gun in Canada if its banned, or better if he collects guns, he would know that this particular gun will get him behind bars, so he will skip on that gun.

kid who stole a gun from parents: Parents should be responsible and get big ****ing fine, or a year of probation or some shit like that.

AGAIN WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN IN THIS ****ING COUNTRY?
Old 01-14-2006, 03:49 AM   #15
SickFinga

Quote:
Shoplifting does not kill people.
Guns do not kill people, people do.

Quote:
Someone who collects guns: They should make some kind of replica of that gun for collectors. Or how would he get that gun in Canada if its banned, or better if he collects guns, he would know that this particular gun will get him behind bars, so he will skip on that gun.
If you were a rich ass mofo that collected paintings. Would you settle for a replica??

Quote:
kid who stole a gun from parents: Parents should be responsible and get big ****ing fine, or a year of probation or some shit like that.
But, its a 10 minimum without parole. How can it be a probation or a fine???

Quote:
AGAIN WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN IN THIS ****ING COUNTRY?
For protection.
Until government can ensure that illegal guns are a rare thing, I would like to have an opportunity of owning one as a protection.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: