Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #16
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989


On that truck 24's would fill up the wheel wells nicely.

I'm not a fan of 24's cuz they look too small, I like the look of 26's but 26's would look dumb on your truck and it would look unpreportioned. 22's look too small.

I don't like either rim either. Find a nice set of rims and not the cheapest ones available. Those look like Ghetto ass Canadian Tire baller rims.

Read the quote under my sig.
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #17
Primus
super blinger
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: southside niagara region
Posts: 524
3400 bucks for rims is canadian tire? com on!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:02 PM   #18
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
3400 bucks for rims is canadian tire? com on!
Well... I'm talking bout the look... they look like cheap low baller rims that were bought at Canadian Tire. (No offence of course) Dishing out a bunch of money for something doesn't mean they will look good. I've seen $10,000 rims that look like COMPLETE SHIT on numerous occasions.

$3400 for 22's is cheap. It's not a lot of money for 22's.
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #19
Primus
super blinger
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: southside niagara region
Posts: 524
post some nice 22's then cuz i like those ones i picked out
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #20
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
post some nice 22's then cuz i like those ones i picked out
Well... at the end of the day YOU should like what you are rolling on right? That's all that should matter really.

What I said was just srtickly my opinion.

I have to run out the door now but if I can find some time later on I'll try and post some pictures of some decent rims that shouldn't be too expensive but still look nice.
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:33 AM   #21
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.
 
BMW BMXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 7,761
Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
At stock height neither.
__________________

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #22
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
On that truck 24's would fill up the wheel wells nicely.

I'm not a fan of 24's cuz they look too small, I like the look of 26's but 26's would look dumb on your truck and it would look unpreportioned. 22's look too small.

I don't like either rim either. Find a nice set of rims and not the cheapest ones available. Those look like Ghetto ass Canadian Tire baller rims.

Read the quote under my sig.

something is wrong with u if u think 24's look too small, anything 22" an up voids warranty on new trucks... and u think 24 is to small? haha
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #23
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
something is wrong with u if u think 24's look too small, anything 22" an up voids warranty on new trucks... and u think 24 is to small? haha
I'm just talking in general. I don't think 24's are enough to fill most SUV wheel wells nicely. In this case 24's would look good on his Suburban or Tahoe or whatever he has cuz of the wheel well shape and size. I am a 26inch rim fan for SUV's. Go big or go home.

Also for me... I wouldn't be worried about voiding any warranty anyhow. I'd rather look good, or just wait it out till my warranty was over and done with first.

__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #24
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
I'm just talking in general. I don't think 24's are enough to fill most SUV wheel wells nicely. In this case 24's would look good on his Suburban or Tahoe or whatever he has cuz of the wheel well shape and size. I am a 26inch rim fan for SUV's. Go big or go home.

Also for me... I wouldn't be worried about voiding any warranty anyhow. I'd rather look good, or just wait it out till my warranty was over and done with first.

i see in your sig "do it once, do it right" with any rim above 22" you start to wear out ball joints and bearings ALOT faster... do it once, do it right... get a set of 22's
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #25
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: ajax
Posts: 7,751
24" all the way man...CHIP FOOSE all the way....YESYESYES!!!!
__________________
87is325///2.7L..EVIL.....
03 beige GRAND AM and 94 white (slamed) PROTEGE
paul christians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #26
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
i see in your sig "do it once, do it right" with any rim above 22" you start to wear out ball joints and bearings ALOT faster... do it once, do it right... get a set of 22's
You will still wear your ball joints even with 22'z... It's a given... Anything that was not designed or came with your car from stock never guarantees that you will have no problems, so you will still wear your ball joints with 22's. Sure it might happen faster with 26's but who cares... you look better and the ball joints are going to get damged anyways so why not ball hard?
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #27
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
You will still wear your ball joints even with 22'z... It's a given... Anything that was not designed or came with your car from stock never guarantees that you will have no problems, so you will still wear your ball joints with 22's. Sure it might happen faster with 26's but who cares... you look better and the ball joints are going to get damged anyways so why not ball hard?


sorry i just find it stupid to go bigger than 22", to each there own
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #28
Fly Guy
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Albany,GA/ Raleigh-Greenville,NC/ New Haven,CT
Posts: 11
Go with what ever makes you happy! But DO NOT Have different sized rims in the front & back on a TRUCK/SUV!!! That's corny and tooo Ghetto! I like 24's, they (In MY opinion) would look good on your truck! -One!
Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #29
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
sorry i just find it stupid to go bigger than 22", to each there own
And I find it stupid to go 22" tops.

Some trucks look good with 22's and some trucks look good with 26's. It all matters on the size of the truck/wheel-wells and how the size of the rim will match with the size/looks of the truck.
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:52 PM   #30
poor man
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: planet earth
Posts: 8
the wheels are worth more than your truck.
poor man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015