Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
BennyL
7th Gear Member

Question Motomaster AW Tires?

First of all, to clarify - I do NOT intend on purchasing these tires for my BMW, but for my Dodge Caravan. I just figured, since I frequent these forums, and I know you guys often have good knowledge of these things, I would ask about these tires here.

Now, to the question.

Does anyone know anything about Motomaster AW tires from Canadian Tire?

They are on sale now for my Dodge Caravan (215/75R15) for $60 a tire. Now, that's pretty damn cheap. But am I going to end up regretting this purchase? I mean, I just need quite tires that won't wear out in 3 months... don't need anything fancy for the minivan.

Should I get them or not?

Sale ends tomorrow, so I hope I can get some replies tonight!

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Don't do it.

Never, EVER cheap out on tires. 5ft in stopping distance or that much less tranitional response and you wrote off your van.

BTW, that size is wrong. A Caravan with 15" wheels should be using 215/70/15's. In that size you have the good choices of the Michelin Hydroedge, Bridgestone Turanza LS, and a few others.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

They are okay. I had them on a Grand AM I once had (came with the car). They were fine in the wet and dry. I never pushed it though. It was my highway car.

Regardless of brand, it's better to have new tires than some worn out high-end tires.

Besides, Motormaster is made by the one of the big brands. Uniroyal, Michelin, and MotorMaster used to roll of the same line. I think Bridgestone was also on that list, but not sure. Motormaster probably doesn't have the same quality of materials as the bigger brands, but probably still okay.

The Motormaster IceTrack tires are made my Michelin. They work awesome. Have them on tree cars!

Cakk a tire shop and see how much Kumho tires are for comparison.

Oh, the Ice Track tires are 40% off.... if anyone wants to pick them up for next season.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
BennyL
7th Gear Member

Yeah, I was thinking of grabbing icetrack's for next season for my 318. The 205/60/15's are at $61.00 a pop.

@Mystikal: I didn't end up getting those tires. I think I'm gonna end up getting a set of Michelin X-Radial's for the van at Costco. They are $120 each, including install and balance.

by the way, how did you know the tire size was wrong? is there a website to look that stuff up? and i know its not the original size, but 215/75 also fits, and my Dad prefers that on his van.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
Mystikal

Good, X-Radials are much better.

And I know a lot of car's tire sizes off the top of my head. Yes, it's scary.

@stancejay
Old 01-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
BennyL
7th Gear Member

are you serious? you just happened to know that off the top of your head? thats pretty crazy. did you ever work at Canadian Tire, or some other tire shop?

and does anyone here know about some online database where you can look up OEM tire sizes for all different cars?

Old 01-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
Mystikal

Nah, never worked at a tire shop. I'll probably own one before I know it though, this knowledge is probably going to waste.

www.tirerack.com can tell you any tire size.

@stancejay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: