Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
zzzreyes
2nd Gear Member

Death To Crapy Tire!!!!

I was wasting time in Barrie before I had to meet with a client and figured I needed new whipers....

I went to the service desk at crappy tire, the dude looked up and walked over and gave me the whippers I needed...

Went to pay, the cashier asked me if I wanted to pay an extra 5 bucks to get it installed! NOW, WHICH SELF RESPECTING MAN WOULD PAY THE 5 bucks???

5 minutes later I went back in and paid the 5 buks...

they told me to park my car behind one of their service bay door and some kid came out... he looked at the whipers and looked at the blades for like 5 minutes and told me that they wouldn't fit!

I waited 25 minutes on the customer service counter to talk to someone and when I got there I realize I had lost my recipt! ARGGHHHH!!!!

the lady was true pain in the ass... but while I was talking to her, you could hear on the intercome "Would an owner of a Green BMW license xxx xxxx please move your car, you are blocking the service entrance"
hhahahahaah I now had leverage!!!!!!!

well... I wanted to be a dick and sit down and get them to do all the run around for me and find me my money... but I felt bad and told them that I would go move my car, but in the mean time they get my money back...

ANYHOW... after 1.5 hours... I still have no whippers!

where else can I buy whippers?
zzzreyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
Evo328i
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Evo328i
what are whippers? you must mean WIPERS!
Evo328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
im pretty sure canadian tire has wipers to fit most bmw's.

or go to maranello's. Bring your Mother****ign Wallet.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
O.S.
3rd Gear Member

nope .. you can't buy e39 wipers there
E34 520 Black - SOLD
O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

just steal them off cars on the dealer lot and run like hell
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #6
X5HogTown
Goin' Diesel

Do you have the original oem wipers? Go to BMW and buy inserts for $12ea. It will take an hour to change them first time around, gets easier after a bit of practice.

In my experience, crappy tire wipers will never work properly on a BMW. The connectors are slightly different and the blades won't press flat against the windshield.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
the size on the e39/e46s are not available. the only choice u have will be a refill/inserts. u can purchase them either @ canadian tire or partsource. PartSource also sell BOSCH wipers but doesnt come in sizes of the e39/e46. but for Bosch refill ull have to go the dealer. all there other refill sold @ ctc doesnt last that long.

www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
TEUTONICFOOL
2nd Gear Member

zzzreyes, i always wonder if this is ur first bmw. also, u r always bitching about the dealer ripping u off. now crapy tire is screwing u. please do some research about the car u r driving. ask question, no matter how stupid it is, there r people around that will gladly give u advise. there r certain things u don' but from crapy tire for ur bimmer. wiper blade will be the first things. brake parts are next. keep asking question but pls don't bitch about the dealer or crapy tire. in some case they r live saver.
TEUTONICFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #9
zzzreyes
2nd Gear Member

they are life savers,,, I agree...

although I did find the cost of the work done high, I still have to be thankful that they were able to get my car in right away.
In Toronto there was no way they would have been able to see my car for a week, the london dealership was very helpful and did work on my car during the holidays, which was good.

I looked into the work that goes into changing the transmission switch and still can't figure out how it adds up to be close to 600 bucks... but whatever... needed to get fixed.

No it is not my first beemer.. its my 3rd, but it is my first e39.

sorry if my comments bother you, you could optionally not read anything I post or just keep your inner thoughts to yourself.

X5HogTown thanks for explaining why I shouldnt get "WHIPPERS" from crappy tire. I will pick a set next time I am south... and probably get extras to keep around my garage.
zzzreyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #10
speedemn
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5HogTown View Post
Do you have the original oem wipers? Go to BMW and buy inserts for $12ea. It will take an hour to change them first time around, gets easier after a bit of practice.
What dealer is that? My local BMW dealer wants $20 per wiper insert.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

People you all know bmw's parts are big money....everyone knew that before they even bought the car. That's why bmw's are lease vehicles...drive and dont worry about a thing. So after the smart guy is done leasing the car and abusing the **** out of it he gives it back and gets another...while people like us buy the leased cars and have to deal with all the reaparis afterwards. But what can you do...i love my E39 540i and i think id walk through fire for it...lol ... so just drive people and enjoy while it lasts!
Dado 540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #12
speedemn
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado 540 View Post
People you all know bmw's parts are big money....everyone knew that before they even bought the car. That's why bmw's are lease vehicles...drive and dont worry about a thing. So after the smart guy is done leasing the car and abusing the **** out of it he gives it back and gets another...while people like us buy the leased cars and have to deal with all the reaparis afterwards. But what can you do...i love my E39 540i and i think id walk through fire for it...lol ... so just drive people and enjoy while it lasts!
I didn't realize that wiper blades are covered under new vehicle warranty... and it is hard to drive the **** out of them! lol... but the logical side of me finds it hard to believe that pieces of rubber can cost $40! $600 for an inspection... sure, whatever... that's the cost of owning a BMW - I accept that without any complaints.

My lease return 540 feels the same as one with 30000 kms (and I have 168000 kms on it... half of which are mine).
Old 03-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #13
Qube
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Understated View Post
just steal them off cars on the dealer lot and run like hell
Shitty old thread... but freaking good idea!

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #14
Oyster
4th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Oyster
e39 blades are UNIQUE!

unique clipping design.

I did the insert replacement. Order a set of new blades (metal frame and rubber), a pair cost $51 online

The kit is BOSH and has the correct length for both side.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #15
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

just get them replaced at the dealer when/if you get maintenance there. yeah they are pricey, but your driving a BMW, it's a fact of life.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: