Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
dave328i
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to dave328i
recipes.. what to eat for bodybuilding? (not supplements)

i want to start putting on some muscle, but i don't know what to eat.

most of the responses are things like "chicken" and "veggies".

ive got lots of chicken breasts, now what can i do with them... if i bake them, they taste extremely bland, and it's too cold to BBQ.

please tell me some recipes (with spices) or ideas on how to cook healthy food and make it taste good too, with variety. thanks!
dave328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

i'm pretty sure you'll find a in-depth answer int erms of diet in this thread

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...threadid=40431

do a search within the thread for mealplans and whatnot
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
eat steak. and chicken. and only steak and chicken. always

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
dave328i
3rd Gear Member

yes, i have read that entire thread, probably the best thread on max.. however, the extent of the food ideas there consist of protein shake recipes, "chicken", "pasta", and creatine (which i am not hating on.. i think it's great.. but, i'm looking for more specific recipes, which is why i started this thread).

i can't cook worth a shit, so if anyone could help out, it would be greatly appreciated.

once again, just to clarify, i am not looking for this:

breakfast - eggs, toast, cereal, grapefruit juice
snack
lunch - chicken, veggies
snack
dinner - steak, potatoes, veggies

but more for this:

Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Sweet-and-Sour Tomato Sauce

This tasty chicken recipe gets a boost from a stuffing of fresh herbs, diced ham, and McIntosh apple, along with an interesting Persian-inspired sauce. Garnish this flavorful chicken with fresh thyme and basil sprigs.

INGREDIENTS:
1 small onion, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon saffron
6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
1 McIntosh apple, chopped
1 cup cooked country ham, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
SAUTE onion in 2 tablespoons hot olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add walnuts and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
ADD brown sugar and next 5 ingredients. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 30 minutes or until thickened; cool slightly.
PULSE mixture in a blender or food processor 3 or 4 times or until smooth; keep warm.
PLACE chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
TOSS together apple, ham, and thyme. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of apple mixture onto each chicken breast; roll up, securing with wooden picks.
HEAT remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat; cover and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until done. Drizzle with sauce. Garnish, if desired.

Last edited by dave328i; 01-07-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
You have to be specific. What types of recepies are you looking for. Are you trying to reach ketosis? or just general healthy food recepies

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #6
328power
GAS GUZZLER !!

start eating beans ( kidney beans ) .... basic stuff really ....

empty a can onto a bakin sheet ( drain and rinse first of course )

put some salt / pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil and put it under the broiler for 20 mins ( mix around once are twice during the broiling )

they should be brown and cracked when complete ... and pretty dry

HIGH in fiber and protein and low in fat. .. Great Snack.... Taste like french fries to me add a little ketchup even if you want
Old 01-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
speedracer525i
2nd Gear Member

Put some seasonings on it and then fry it up in a pan. Eat salad, gren leaf and red leaf, not ice berg. Make your own dressing and use and oil with Omega 3 and red wine viniger, put some spices in it. Put the chicken in the salad. Stay away from carbs, some brown rice is good, but only in mid day. Eat dark green vevies they are high in Omega 3. Lots of egg whites no yoke's. Feed the muscle with stuff they like, not twinkies. I ate like this for three month straight and had a trainer at the local gym. Lost 25 lbs and started to bulk up. Afedrine was my friend,good shit great workout's.
speedracer525i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #8
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
I'm in a rush right now, have a friend over.. but I've been working on some specific meal plans / recipe's that I'll be posting in the bodybuilding thread shortly.

Before you even consider cooking chicken breasts, do yourself a favor and buy a George Foreman grill, Hamilton Beach, or similar.

Here are some quick'n'easy chicken recipe's:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...312#post511312
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
Understated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328power
start eating beans ( kidney beans ) .... basic stuff really ....

empty a can onto a bakin sheet ( drain and rinse first of course )

put some salt / pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil and put it under the broiler for 20 mins ( mix around once are twice during the broiling )

they should be brown and cracked when complete ... and pretty dry

HIGH in fiber and protein and low in fat. .. Great Snack.... Taste like french fries to me add a little ketchup even if you want
yes having a vegetarian mom beans are a huge part of my diet...great for protein as said....and can be relatively tasty if they are prepared right.

black eyed beans are god
Old 01-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #10
///eP
3rd Gear Member

kidney beans, tuna/salmon, grilled chicken, any green veggies, egg whites, whole wheat bread, and some other foods i cant think of, but the key is if you have a shitty metabolism, eat every 2 hours so you can get your metabolism back and running at full strength; this way you can burn your food alot quicker and keep the fat off. I suggest to strip the fat you got first (cardio- yah it sucks but its the quickest way to get the fat off, dont even hit the treadmill that does nothing. eliptical/arc machine top 2) then start to build muscle its easier this way, and better for your heart. You dont want to lift heavy to start that just gets your heart working overtime.
///eP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
for chicken, i buy grilled chicken from the store that has about 2 grams of fat in each piece (buy the chicken thats already grilled and cooked and just needs heating, keeps the prep time down to about a half hour for the entire meal).

i put them on a frying pan, heat them on medium high for about 10 min on each side.

at the same time, cook one cup of plain white rice for about 20 min

when chicken is heated through, remove, cut up into small chunks,

next take your favorite salsa. Salsa is very good for you, low in fat and low in calories. put the chicken back in the pan on medium heat. pour the entire jar of salsa over the chicken and heat for about 10-15 min or untill salsa and chicken are hot.

drain rice put it on the plate then pour some of the salsa chicken over top and endulge, low fat and filling and f'n good.

I also tend to take tortilla shells (soft shell taco shells) and put the mixture on that and eat it like a boritto. good shit.

i just recently started a diet so im all about cooking low fat meals to drop some fat and tone my self.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #12
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
I'm in a rush right now, have a friend over.. but I've been working on some specific meal plans / recipe's that I'll be posting in the bodybuilding thread shortly.

Before you even consider cooking chicken breasts, do yourself a favor and buy a George Foreman grill, Hamilton Beach, or similar.

Here are some quick'n'easy chicken recipe's:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...312#post511312
so i'm guessing chicken is the way to go

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #13
dave328i
3rd Gear Member

spooner_dee, that sounds awesome, thanks, i will try that
Old 01-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #14
Understated

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner_dee
for chicken, i buy grilled chicken from the store that has about 2 grams of fat in each piece (buy the chicken thats already grilled and cooked and just needs heating, keeps the prep time down to about a half hour for the entire meal).

i put them on a frying pan, heat them on medium high for about 10 min on each side.

at the same time, cook one cup of plain white rice for about 20 min

when chicken is heated through, remove, cut up into small chunks,

next take your favorite salsa. Salsa is very good for you, low in fat and low in calories. put the chicken back in the pan on medium heat. pour the entire jar of salsa over the chicken and heat for about 10-15 min or untill salsa and chicken are hot.

drain rice put it on the plate then pour some of the salsa chicken over top and endulge, low fat and filling and f'n good.

I also tend to take tortilla shells (soft shell taco shells) and put the mixture on that and eat it like a boritto. good shit.

i just recently started a diet so im all about cooking low fat meals to drop some fat and tone my self.
WTF u just made me drooL!?!?

i'm off to buy tortilla shells and salsa
Old 01-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #15
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

Tuna tuna and tuna

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: