Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
Sweetbmw
2nd Gear Member

E36 accident pics need suggestions

Hi guys,
these r recent pics of my e36. few days back some guy hit my car from back on hwy 401 and which made my car pushed into suv ... thats pretty sad but now the more saddest thing for me is im getting low amount for my car... my insurance company wants totalled the vehicle thats fine but they r only giving me $5040 without having my car back so what do u think is that a reasonable amount they giving me with all da work done on the car and upgrades or i checked on autotrader and found only 1 92 bmw 318is 4 $5,500 and no kms given so if anyone knows ne website whos selling 92 - 94 318is and asking more than $5,000 so that will help me get more money for my car or drop me ne suggestions how to deal with my stupid insurance company
thanks

accident pics
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2218919/1

old pics and all stuff done on the vehicle
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189772
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_02172.jpg (210.3 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0218a.jpg (182.6 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0224hhjk.jpg (168.4 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0219sa.jpg (191.4 KB, 140 views)
Sweetbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
mods list:
NEW waterpump
1. HR springs
2. clear corners
3. new resignator
4. muffler
5. short ram air intake
6. new alternator
7. new clutch
8. new paint
9. new gear knob
10. 4 winter tires 80% thread
15. 200 watts sony cd player, two 12" subs (1 pioneer, 1 punch), amplifier
16. tinted windows

... take your system out. but bottlecaps on. then take the money, and run.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

If you think the car is worth more, tell the Insurance company to find you a suitable replacement car for that price.

It worked with Statefarm for my friend. They first offered $10,000 for a mint Integra a few years ago. The cheapest car we found with higher mileage (and no leather) on a trader was $12,000. He finally got $14,500 for the car. The accident wasn't his fault.

You don't have to settle right away.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:55 PM   #4
razor/m5
3rd Gear Member

Insurance doesn't care about your mods. Do what justin said, take your parts out which you are allowed to do, as long as whatever you take out you replace. You can try and hold out for more but it wont be a lot. If you refuse their offer they will tell you too bad in most cases. Next step after that would be to go through arbritation which takes time and money. Your actually getting good coin for it. Important thing to remember is dont be a prick to them and tell them you want your parts back. I beleive parts which have been put on within 3 months entitles you to betterment, providing you have receicpts.
72 NOVA SS
89 APACHE
razor/m5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Take the $5K and run! And dont bring up the mods with insurance, your car is lowered, so they can deny your claim...or pay you, but cancel your policy, which is VERY bad for your record! Insurance is VERY strict on modified cars these days, and they will use ANY excuse to F@CK you...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!

Last edited by Eurostyle; 01-04-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #6
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle
Take the $5K and run! And dont bring up the mods with insurance, your car is lowered, so they deny your claim...or pay you, but cancel your policy, which is VERY bad for your record! Insurance is VERY strict on modified cars these days, and they will use ANY excuse to F@CK you...
what he said, i've been through it and had my insurance policy cancelled 2 years ago...
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:22 AM   #7
Sweetbmw
2nd Gear Member

tnx guys 4 all urs suggestions they were helpful ... my insurance company is Co-Operators ... it was no-fault accident from my side ... thats true that they r very strict with modi cars cus i got one done up supercharged civic and they refused to insure. i already took out my system from car... but car wasnt modified just the springs and dual muffler after resginator and its not even performance muffler other than car was pretty much stock but i guess thats what i have to do now and what do u think about a car? is it quiet a bit 4 bmw?
Old 01-05-2006, 01:41 AM   #8
blkm3
3rd Gear Member

co-operators are the biggest F!@#$ . I was with them . I had my car written off a few months back it was a 94 325 with lots of mods belive it or not they offered me 3000$ for it man you are damn lucky if u got 5000$ of the bat from those guys. I have a lot more mods than you did on my car . 18 inch rims, full body kit , lowered shocks and springs, projectors , exaust, cross drilled brakes, interior mods , new parts almost all that you listed all bills to prove it. I had to fight the hell out of them for over 2 mths to get a bit lower than what i wanted . The guy tried to trick me in pulling old archives out of the trader at prices listed for 2500$ . the week that he called me and quoted me i did not find a car under 5500$ and then he started looking in the european market etc. I think he is full of crap . but either way good luck to you .
blkm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:35 AM   #9
Sweetbmw
2nd Gear Member

yea man thats what he tried to trick me also cus i dont know where da hell he was giving me nums like i see 318is for 3,000 something then 4400 so i asked him where r u getting those nums from and hes like im checking autotrader so i went rite away while i was on fone to check it myself and i couldnt find noone only 1 92 318is for 5,500 with unknown kms and others like 94 starting from 6,500 so i told him i dont see those cars which u r talking about it so hes like yea im just checking record from now till 90 days back BS cus i every week i check autotrader and i never seen ne 3000 price like that u know ... after this claim im going to change my insurance company let me know if guys know ne cheap i prop getting my 318 back and so ill fix it cus my uncle have a body shop so labour will be very cheap so only thing i want its parts i wants
1. angel eyes headlight
2. hood
3. driver fender
4. back bumper
5. front grill
so new or used doesnt matter
thanks
Old 01-05-2006, 05:46 AM   #10
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkm3
co-operators are the biggest F!@#$ . I was with them . I had my car written off a few months back it was a 94 325 with lots of mods belive it or not they offered me 3000$ for it man you are damn lucky if u got 5000$ of the bat from those guys. I have a lot more mods than you did on my car . 18 inch rims, full body kit , lowered shocks and springs, projectors , exaust, cross drilled brakes, interior mods , new parts almost all that you listed all bills to prove it. I had to fight the hell out of them for over 2 mths to get a bit lower than what i wanted . The guy tried to trick me in pulling old archives out of the trader at prices listed for 2500$ . the week that he called me and quoted me i did not find a car under 5500$ and then he started looking in the european market etc. I think he is full of crap . but either way good luck to you .
Did you have your vehicle quoted with all the aftermarket mods, so all the mods were insured? If not, the premium you were paying was for a stock 94 325i. Everytime you do something to your car, add a stereo even, it should be updated on your insurance records if you want it covered. Otherwise, if your car gets stolen or written off, it won't be covered.

J
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:29 AM   #11
Manimillion
Photographer

Have fun dealing with insurance. I had to deal with them in the past 2 months. If you want some advice just stick to your guns. Tell them what you think is fair for the car, find adds, autotrader just doesn't set the price, go get the red book value for your car. Put everything together and communicate your problem to the insurance adjuster.
Manimillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #12
blkm3
3rd Gear Member

Yes everything was reported to the insurance . They even took pictures of it and I had bill to prove it as well . the answer from the insurance was " you can come and take it all off " . I was like WTF. The only thing was the stereo which was not reported . When they evaluated my car when i went to buy insurance the saw all the mods and asked me about them . SO YES THEY ARE INSURED. How does a 94 325 go for 3000$ . the red book claims the cars is well over that price for that matter around 7500$ avg. I will buy a few at 3000$ if that is the case . I tried looking for a decent one with no rust and clean paint , with no problems , i could not find a single one till now . At that price it always has problems with the car .

Advice to the original poster. Try and neg as much as you can as well as you have the right to keep your car if it is fixable . You will have to pay for it . ( wait till you want to buy it back , he will tell you oh it is a premium car they got to charge more than a normal car .. LOL ) . They are crocks. So as soon as my insurance finished i left them . I was with them for over 12 years and when i called another insurance company they quoted me 1\2 the amount i was paying for my insurance so .. good luck
blkm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:34 PM   #13
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

the sad truth of insurance co's is they are there to TAKe your money,
they really don't want to pay it out!
theres been news documneteries on the shadyness of this biz
that everyone has to be involved with if they want to drive!

there was a supreme court case on the news a while back:
peoples house burns down, Firemarshall (the gov) rules it electrical.
insurance co says No it was arson, no money F'off.
left the people homeless in a hotel, they had to be out the next day!
they sued & 7 years later won 1 million.

like people have said:
just show them auto trader ads showing that there are no similar cars
(year milage) at their offer.
they'll hym & ha, but mention you might talk to a lawyer as you feel youre getting shafted

keep the ads as you might need to sue! or just take the peanuts.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #14
dave328i
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to dave328i
if my car is insured for $14,000 but the red book says it's only worth $7,000 (i have no idea what it actually is, anyone have a red book? ) then how much will i get from insurance in the case of a write-off?
dave328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:53 PM   #15
Primus
super blinger

seems like if u get a scratch its a write off now a days!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: