Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
jeffrie
Addict

Fooling DISA.

Works well when not used (default's to open) with the 3:91 diff.
Nice linear power band and increased H.P. past 3g's without the transition lagg it causes (4-5g's) when used.
Problem is it through's a Cel while disconnected.
Anyone know how to fool the ECU? Or if all I have to do is block the vacume line? Remove the butterfly?

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #2
jeffrie
Addict

Sickning.... The only tenchical responses I'v had in the past two year other then simple bolt ons were none, other then X-Brace and diff swap (which are bolt ons) and the door stiker. Does anyone at max do their own mods with a E36 that isn't cosmetic?
Ranting....

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie
Sickning.... The only tenchical responses I'v had in the past two year other then simple bolt ons were none, other then X-Brace and diff swap (which are bolt ons) and the door stiker. Does anyone at max do their own mods with a E36 that isn't cosmetic?
Ranting....
Nope ... go to bimmerforums.com in the track forum if you want to some tech discussion.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:52 PM   #4
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
you might want to wait more than a few hours during the holiday season for response.. as you'll notice in the off topic section, activity today and yesterday have been next to none.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:14 PM   #5
jeffrie
Addict

Thank you Justine36. ScotcH I'm posted on BF too but like local support far better.
Have my response from other forms (including BF), seems to be an ECU editing only fix, was hoping being a simple vacume silanoid someone whould know the basics of fooling something so simple without a dyno & a OBDII diagnostic Map editing capability. Or more importantly give me the insight on how ito fool it myself being such a basic system.

Last edited by jeffrie; 12-26-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:52 AM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Unfortunatly the hardcore people on max at 3 am on christmas eve(me) dont have much technical knowledge. I know so little about cars i dont even understand your problem

g'luck

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

whats "Disa"? what's it do on a m44?
I tried a search on it didn't find much
Old 12-27-2005, 02:24 PM   #8
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
It's a 2 stage intake manifold butterfly system that I believe is on the e36 M42/4 engines. Wait for Autotechnica to respond. If I remember correctly he tried to swap in an M42 intake manifold from an e30 that doesn't have DISA but it wouldn't clear the hood when closed.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:17 PM   #9
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

hmm..

don't people that wanted to fool sensors use "diodes" (?) or sum other flux capacitor type unit to
create a Circuit, what the ecu wants to see?

I guess you need to find out what volts or whatever the ecu wants to see from this unit.
then find something (diode?) at a electronics shop that will mimic it.?

option B rip out cluster remove CEL light
Old 12-31-2005, 03:25 PM   #10
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
hmm..

don't people that wanted to fool sensors use "diodes" (?) or sum other flux capacitor

That's only in Delorion's Not Bmw's have a great new year guys

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: