Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-23-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
BennyL
7th Gear Member

Arrow e36 winter bath!

here's a pic of my e36 convert enjoying a bath to remove winter salt! yay.

so there's a 24 hr coin-op self car wash at bathurst & wilson... its just south of wilson on the east side of bathurst.

if your good with the timing, you can get a great wash for $2

every toonie gives you 2 minutes. the trick is to use the foam brush while its still foamy from the previous washer to gives your rims a nice little cleaning. then, use the power washer on low pressure to rinse down your car. usually, at this place, the low pressure works even if theres no money in and its not running.

then, two minutes gives you just enough time to high-power soap the car down, then high-power rinse it.

a dry-down really isn't necessary in the winter anyways. i just keep a roll of paper towel handy, and clean my windows and mirrors real nice, cuz i love clean windows and mirrors.

the $2 winter wash is so satisfying, and its so good to get all the damn salt off your car!

so, has anyone on here been to this place... and do you guys have any other good places? any good techniques?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e36 winter bath 2.jpg (111.3 KB, 188 views)

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.

Last edited by BennyL; 12-23-2005 at 01:33 AM.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 AM   #2
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
1. water remains running to prevent their lines from freezing. the tube that it goes into recycles this water.

2. nice car

3. keep a squeegee instead of paper towels, will work much better.

4. in rexdale the power wash at Hwy 27 / Albion gives 4 minutes for $2.50. Also has the foaming brush, spot-free rinse, liquid wax, etc. etc...

Make sure to dry your brakes properly before going on the road...

J
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:13 AM   #3
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36

4. in rexdale the power wash at Hwy 27 / Albion gives 4 minutes for $2.50. Also has the foaming brush, spot-free rinse, liquid wax, etc. etc...

J
have u ever been there in the summer?...i went once this summer with the civic and there was a friggiin LONG line up...i ended up pulling a U and just washing it on my driveway
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:31 AM   #4
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
have u ever been there in the summer?...i went once this summer with the civic and there was a friggiin LONG line up...i ended up pulling a U and just washing it on my driveway
yeah, all the time. i'm the asshole that passed by all of you waiting in line and stole the next position into the engine bay!

I've been to many hand washes and that one is still my favorite.. just wish they'd re-pave the goddamn place, and fix their change dispenser.

when I need to fix something on the car at night, that's where I go... obviously clean working conditions, and well lit.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:27 AM   #5
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

even if the car gets dirty after, its still very good idea to dry the car completely then leaving it to air dry. Wet body parts Will accumulate more dirts and salts on the road. So Dry them even if it means to freeze your ass and hands.

Also try not to wash the car under subzero condition, locks and all that shit(windows) could freeze and if you try to force it to open, you could break its mechanism

Last edited by mpower1226; 12-23-2005 at 05:29 AM.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #6
Storamin
2nd Gear Member

Try to wash the underbody as much as you can.
Storamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 04:32 PM   #7
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Why do you use the brush to wash the car? Youre gonna get all the scratches not to mention the dirt and rocks stuck in the brush from the previous person. I keep a spare mitt in the car and wash the car with the soap spray and then rinse the car.

I used the foam brush to brush the underbody of the car

Theres a coin op at Queensway and Cawtrha that I go to, 5 mins from my place and never lined up! But its $3.....

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #8
///MP
Purveyor of Useless Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
Theres a coin op at Queensway and Cawtrha that I go to, 5 mins from my place and never lined up! But its $3.....
Try the one on Lakeshore between Dixie and Brown's Line. $2 for 4 minutes (or is it 3 minutes?...I seem to remember 4 tho...) Plus it's got a timer display so you know how much time you have left.

MP
///MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:28 PM   #9
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
dundas between jane N bloor, great place, heated floors n whatnot

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:37 PM   #10
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MP
Try the one on Lakeshore between Dixie and Brown's Line. $2 for 4 minutes (or is it 3 minutes?...I seem to remember 4 tho...) Plus it's got a timer display so you know how much time you have left.

MP
Oh thanks, yeah same with the one that I use, I think at Sunoco its 3 minutes

Old 12-23-2005, 10:08 PM   #11
BennyL
7th Gear Member

yo, Justin, this place also has the spot free rinse, liquid wax, and foam brush and whatnot.

how do i dry m brakes after a car wash?

and how do you clean the underbody of the car, without getting down on your knees and getting really dirty in the process?

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:30 PM   #12
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
Why do you use the brush to wash the car? Youre gonna get all the scratches not to mention the dirt and rocks stuck in the brush from the previous person. I keep a spare mitt in the car and wash the car with the soap spray and then rinse the car.
I think he was talking about using a foam brush to loosen up the brake dust on his winter rims. Not for the body of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyL
how do i dry m brakes after a car wash?

and how do you clean the underbody of the car, without getting down on your knees and getting really dirty in the process?
Simple. Slam on them a few times. (safely of course, use caution) To dry them off. Pressing the pedal (hard) repeatedly a few times is always a good idea to help re-seat the pads too.

I just crouch down and spray the underbody. Dunno what the rest of you guys do?.. Anyone bring out the crawler and roll under the car? :o
Old 12-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #13
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

I just wore bad pants lol

Old 12-23-2005, 11:28 PM   #14
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

aahahah the benefits of owning an SUV bishes....just bend down and spray...and hope some homo isn't checking out ur rear end
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:23 AM   #15
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

I dont know about you guys but the one I use have flexible sprayer so I could just flex and put it under the car and spray it.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: