Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-01-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
update

as u guys or some of u guys may know, i've been asking around about changing the front wheel bearings n all that...so today me and my brother decided to change one of em since we were home all day n had nothing to do......wen we got down to the bearing i was sooooooo mad cuz the P.O.S. slipped right off the stub axle wit 0.000% resistance!!!!! n after that i put on the new hub n bearings and went for a test drive and to my delight the noises have slightly gone down since we replaced the less damaged hub some time this weekend if mother nature gives up a break we will get down n dirty again and do the other side!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:13 PM   #2
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Finished

today i finished changing both sides...........not a single noise now all i need to do is replace that backing plate on the back and put back all the ebrake stuff...would ne body kno whats the best way to get to the backing plate(yes i kno i've asked this b4 but im too lazy to go back and look) and how big is that rear axle nut so i can get a socket to fit it....thanks
Old 12-23-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

ALL repairs done!

it took me 5 days of working in the freezing cold but it was worth it......i FINAALY changed my rusted backing plate and @ the same time changed the left rear wheel bearing. the bearing didnt need replacing but since i took out the hub it was best i replaced it...now my ebrake works finanlly so i can get my e30 certified with no problems...NOW on to the mods!!!!
Old 12-23-2005, 11:24 AM   #4
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
dont start mods till u do ur body.

jst an advice.

www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #5
MV325IS
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie
dont start mods till u do ur body.

jst an advice.
Why is that ?
|Angel Eyes|AA GEN 3 |MOMO Quick Release|Ireland Engineering Bushings & Shock Mounts|

98 328I
MV325IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #6
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

yea i knoe what ur sayin...my dad said hes gonna get it re-painted over and gonna fix all the lil dents, rust n all that over summer..b4 my e30 hits the road im prolly gonna drop it and put on da new muffler and high flow cat. after those r done i want to get an infinty lip, skirts and valence so that when my e30 gets painted all those goodies r painted too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: