Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-18-2005, 07:08 PM   #16
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36

^ post up a comparison chart you feel is more well balanced.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #17
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
NDP = Crackhead communists
Liberals = Theives + Whiners
Conservatives = nazi's

im voting conservative

This is why you are an idiot, and you shouldn't vote.

You vote for your riding. You want to pick the best candidate to deliver the best results in your area. That might be an NDP, a Conservative, or a Liberal party member.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #18
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex

You vote for your riding. You want to pick the best candidate to deliver the best results in your area. That might be an NDP, a Conservative, or a Liberal party member.
I wouldn't completely agree with that, because in many cases the party members are persuaded or sometimes even forced to vote with the rest of their party. So many times you have to look at the party as a whole to ultimatly see what views and direction they want to take the country.

Also, members of a specific party are obviously part of that party because they beleive in a particular viewpoint, or policy. And they might be running in a particular area, but the votes they make in the house for the most part, will affect the entire country, not just their area.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:26 PM   #19
digiital
5th Gear Member

If it was so easy as that. People don't vote for the local guy, they vote for the party.

I remember a few yrs back I was listening to someone talking about his dad who came to this country on the boat and asked who he was voting for, he said he didnt know the name of the party. But it was the RED one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:40 PM   #20
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Sirex, calling anyone who at least has an opinion on politics an idiot is stupid and offensive. Keep your ****ing mouth shut.

Justin: I wasn't bitching about the compasion chart you posted. Just pointing out for people who weren't sure how they were going to vote that in my opinion, that chart seemed to favour the conservatives a bit. (i'll point out again that im voting conservative, and just pointed that out because I think people should vote for who is the best candidate for them, and not for me)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:41 AM   #21
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Talking to co-workers, I am afraid the Liberals will win again. This is simply because people say "conservative brought GST, they are EVIL."

The liberals have ****ed up so much recently, it just boggles the mind. Get them out, replace with Conservative. Neither parties are ideal, however you have to change it up to maintain some sort of balance.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:23 PM   #22
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
Talking to co-workers, I am afraid the Liberals will win again. This is simply because people say "conservative brought GST, they are EVIL."

The liberals have ****ed up so much recently, it just boggles the mind. Get them out, replace with Conservative. Neither parties are ideal, however you have to change it up to maintain some sort of balance.
I find it kinda funny when people say the "conservatives brought in the GST". Because most people fail to remember that the reason that they brought in the GST was to begin a debt repayment plan, to repay the HUGE $200 billion debt incurred by the LIBERAL Trudeau government.

On top of that 12 years ago when the current liberal government took power they vowed to eliminate the GST completely, and now 12 years later, it's still here....yet another liberal lie. Where is a bend over and take it in the a** smilie when you need one.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:27 PM   #23
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius_e30
I find it kinda funny when people say the "conservatives brought in the GST". Because most people fail to remember that the reason that they brought in the GST was to begin a debt repayment plan, to repay the HUGE $200 billion debt incurred by the LIBERAL Trudeau government.

On top of that 12 years ago when the current liberal government took power they vowed to eliminate the GST completely, and now 12 years later, it's still here....yet another liberal lie. Where is a bend over and take it in the a** smilie when you need one.
Yup, that's what gets me pissed off. I'm voting conservative anyway.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #24
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
Sirex, calling anyone who at least has an opinion on politics an idiot is stupid and offensive. Keep your ****ing mouth shut.

Justin: I wasn't bitching about the compasion chart you posted. Just pointing out for people who weren't sure how they were going to vote that in my opinion, that chart seemed to favour the conservatives a bit. (i'll point out again that im voting conservative, and just pointed that out because I think people should vote for who is the best candidate for them, and not for me)

You have a political opinion?? Where??

"Conservative = nazi therefore they get my vote"

That is a real political opinion you have there. You know all about politics and the NAZI campaign dont you?

Let me just ask you this propone, what race are you? what colour are you? After you step back and realize that you are no Aryan ( I dont know your real background but whatever) then you will realize what a dumb ass you are for saying that.

Last edited by sirex; 12-19-2005 at 02:39 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #25
BMWF1

i'm voting nazi also, i'm german by birth so its in my blood
Old 12-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #26
Soldo
6th Gear Member

I don't vote, WHY? Because one person CAN NOT make a difference!

Its all stupid anyways, thinair is on the right track with this.

The liberals have been cheating us for quite some time yet if you take a look at the polls, they're still in the lead!!

Either way if i did have to vote, the liberals would get it. The conservitives are trying far too hard to make our government similar to the US, and they got a helluva system down there!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #27
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
That's it, I'm going Green Party, lets catch them off guard by having them win a few seats.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:14 PM   #28
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo
I don't vote, WHY? Because one person CAN NOT make a difference!

Its all stupid anyways, thinair is on the right track with this.

The liberals have been cheating us for quite some time yet if you take a look at the polls, they're still in the lead!!

Either way if i did have to vote, the liberals would get it. The conservitives are trying far too hard to make our government similar to the US, and they got a helluva system down there!
Name the things in their platform that are trying to make Canada into the U.S?

I have a feeling you will be hard pressed to find many.

I also think that one person can make a difference, because if 10 million individuals think the same way you do, do you really think those 10 million votes don't make a difference?

Last edited by chromius; 12-19-2005 at 03:27 PM.
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:31 PM   #29
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius_e30

I also think that one person can make a difference, because if 10 million individuals think the same way you do, do you really think those 10 million votes don't make a difference?
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #30
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
everyone vote
]http://www.marijuanaparty.com/index.en.php3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: