The RS M50 is one of our rolling test beds for vendor-supplied and BMP-developed performance products. It's our way of assuring you the best performing and safest products on the market, while having great fun!
Engine/Transmission: We selected the engine from a 1995 M3. Modifications performed include: lightweight flywheel, heavy-duty clutch and Multi-throttle intake system, force fed by a Vortec "S" trim supercharger, via a 12''x 24'' air-to-air intercooler. The intake side of the supercharger couples to a large 3 1/2", European-style mass air sensor, using the Split-Second adjustable air/fuel ratio calibrator. A BMP adjustable fuel pressure regulator facilitates a constant, steady fuel flow and to keep everything cool, we custom-built an oversized aluminum radiator. This, in conjunction with a large 28-row oil cooler, keeps the engine temperature down, even under extended boost conditions. All this is coupled to a close ratio, custom 5-speed transmission.
Flares: Power increases demand larger wheels and tires to maintain traction. Flares allow fitment of 8x17 inch front, and 9x17 inch rear wheels with 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear tires. The flares are designed to be installed with exposed rivets, eliminating the need to blend paint with body panels. Fender well modifications were required for fitment of the oversized wheel/tire combination.
Aerodynamics: New RS M50 aerodynamic components include flares, front spoiler with intercooler air intake, front air splitter, side rocker panels and rear skirt. The spoiler is a direct replacement for the original 5 M.P.H. impact bumper assembly. All components are lightweight, hand-laid fiberglass. None of the aerodynamic components for the RS M50 are interlocking, so they can be installed separately.
Another addition to the RS M50 is the twin-foil rear wing. Made of brushed aluminum, the twin foils are adjustable for varied down force. Additional adjustment range is provide by the CNC-machined mounting brackets which allow height adjustment, as well as forward/rear tilt angles. End caps are black anodized aluminum with BMP racing logos.
Brakes: More going-power requires more stopping-power! The BMP design racing brake kits increase friction surface area by as much as 250%. The lightweight, billet aluminum, 6-piston racing calipers are designed to maximize braking prowess. The precision-ground, stainless steel pistons assure total pad release during non-braking periods. The BMP fixed calipers offer more even pad wear than the O.E., floating calipers. Operating at reduced temperature, the 2 piece racing rotors resist warpage. The rear brakes are original M3 e30 calipers with race compound pads gripping Tarox g88 gas slotted, heat treated rotors.
Tuned exhaust: Supersprint and BMP design worked closely to develop the complete header-to-tailpipe exhaust system exclusively for the RS M50. All tubing is stainless steel and dimensions are oversize (60mm) to handle the additional exhaust output. The unique BMP RS diffusion tips were designed and prototyped right here at BMP.
* BMP multi-throttle intake system
* Vortec "S" trim supercharger
* Custom 12"X24" air-to-air intercooler
* European mass air sensor
* High flow injectors
* BMP oil cooler kit
* BMP adjustable fuel pressure regulator
* Split Second on-board adjustable fuel calibrator
* Split Second air fuel ratio meter
* Split Second timing adjuster
* Aluminum flywheel (8lb.)
* Custom performance clutch
* Supersprint custom exhaust system
* BMP high flow racing filter
* BMP valve cover
* 3.46:1 limited-slip differential
* Close-ratio custom gear transmission
* BMP adjustable short shift kit
* Chassis & Suspension
* H&R coil over shocks/ 60mm racing springs
* Tarox 6 piston front brakes w/ heat treated 310mm gas slotted rotors
* BMP design heat treated gas slotted rear rotors
* Earl's stainless brake lines
* BMP adjustable urethane rear trailing arm bushings
* BMP adjustable urethane front shock tower mounts
* BMP solid urethane front control arm bushings
* BMP adjustable sway bar links
* BMP adjustable sway bars: 22mm front/16mm rear
* BMP close ratio manual steering rack
* BMP brake cooling ducts
* BMP front and rear E.P.L. stress bars
* BMP adjustable ride height rear trailing arms
* Wheels & Tires
* Hoosier dot track racing slicks
* 225/45/17 on 8x17 inch alloy wheels, front
* 245/40/17 on 9x17 inch alloy wheels, rear
* BMP design carbon fiber gauge console
* BMP design carbon fiber dash
* Auto Power roll cage
* Schroth competition seat belts
* Sparco seats
* BMP billet shift knob
* Pro-Road racer pedals
* Wink competition mirror
* Fiberglass hood
* BMP RS M50 aerodynamic body kit
* M3 mirrors