Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-13-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Arrow Going for my G this month hopefully (In here please justin:D)

Most probably going for my G this month.

A guy my dad knows is offering 2 lessons plus the car itself for the test....all for 125 cash....(not including the fees to pay for the license etc)

is this a good deal?

Justin i remember you telling me you had some sorta hookup regarding this...do let me know asap!

thanks !

Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #2
rodo
6th Gear Member

its not that tough... i didn't take any lessons and passed the first time. I got mine a year ago

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #3
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
lol buddy if you cant pass a G test you shouldnt be driving in the first place.
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

I still haven't gotten my full G. Going to do it in the spring, need a non-suped up car to do it in.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:01 PM   #5
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

i failed it the first time. its a cash grab scam! $75 a shot.

not completly stopping at stop signs and speeding might not have helped either
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
DAM
Trinational 951

They won't let you do it in a cabby with the top down, that is what I learned
Old 12-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #7
sirex
King Sirex

cant you get your dads car?
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:15 PM   #8
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Bleh stop being a pussy , all you kids wasting cash on lessons and other people's cars . I did the minimum amount of driving school needed to get your G2 in 8 months instead of a year, and then took mommy's car to the test and passed. I don't plan on taking lessons when I go my G on the 28th either. And also plan to use my mom's car. WTF is the point of paying someone else to use their car ?
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #9
coolhand
Banned

G = easiest test I've ever done.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:28 PM   #10
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
yeah I can hook up G license tests... almost guaranteed pass. but it'll cost you more.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #11
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
I still haven't gotten my full G. Going to do it in the spring, need a non-suped up car to do it in.
where do you see a suped up car?
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #12
rodo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSix
Bleh stop being a pussy , all you kids wasting cash on lessons and other people's cars . I did the minimum amount of driving school needed to get your G2 in 8 months instead of a year, and then took mommy's car to the test and passed. I don't plan on taking lessons when I go my G on the 28th either. And also plan to use my mom's car. WTF is the point of paying someone else to use their car ?

man thats what i did, that course to get ur g2 in 8 months. Never took another lesson again in my life. Got my G2 on the first try and then my G on the first try in my moms truck. You don't need someone else's car or more lessons. If you think you're gonna fail, you will

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #13
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Seriously, the only reason you fail a G test is all the bad habits you form while you got your G2. Common stuff is one hand steering, simply slowing for stop signs, 1 signal lane changes, and going with the flow of traffic without checking your speed.

You don't need lessons for your G test. A week before the test, every time you drive, imagine an examiner is there and is gonna mark down your every wrong move. When you do your test, drive like grandma and don't even care about all the people your blocking by doing the limit etc.

And I used my BMW for the test. Manual trans, and in the rain lol. I was going to use my parents van (because it's auto- they have a section to mark you on manual if you drove one), but for some reason I wasn't able to get it and had to go for the test.

First time I failed with, I don't know how many docks (over 100 I think)...the guy seriously had it out for me- he was arbitrary marking shit because I was young and I was driving a brand spanking new van that he could never afford.

Second time I passed with only 3 docks.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:24 PM   #14
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
It's funny because I do every single thing you listed there: one hand steering (especially parallel parking, i mean come on how awkard is it to steer with both hands while looking back??), slowing for stops, 1 signal changes, speeding, etc...

And I remember I was the same way before my G2, and like the day before I did my G2 I tried driving perfectly, and I just coudln't, WAYY too annoying. But I did manage to last driving like that throught the G2, only got 2 minor points off, one for one hand steering while parallel parking and one for not changing to the right lane. Everything else was perfect, I was done in like 5 minutes. Stopping at stop signs for 3 seconds = teh win!!
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:54 PM   #15
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Well i guess i won't be taking lessons now lol thanks guys

every1 else i've talked to off the board has scared me..."ur gonna fail ur first time guaranteed" "their REALLY anal so make sure u can drive like PERFECTLY" "i'd show up with an instructor so they think you are well trained" just some of the replies i've gotten

reason i need some1 elses car is my sister is at work and my dad is at work all week....which means no cars at home. soem of these guys want friggin 70 dollars to borrow their cars and i dunno if you guys heard about it but there was some new bylaw passed a few weeks ago regarding the G test and the vehicular requirements...i forget the details now but they do substancial testing...

so in closing you guys think i should just go to the driving dude and tell him i want his car and for him to book it?(they have hookups can probably get it done quicker than normal)

Justin: "almost guaranteed" and how much are we talking? i might just try my chacnes...if i fail how much is it to take it again and how long is it that i can re-attempt
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: