Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-13-2005, 08:59 AM   #46
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

people make mistakes, let him serve his time and release him. You people have the same mentality as these extremists, the eye for an eye bit never solved anything.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:16 AM   #47
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Doesnt matter now, he got smoked all kinds hours ago
Old 12-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #48
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
...Some of us who are religious would see this as doing god's work, "an eye for an eye", or "it's only fair"... others will say... "stop trying to play god, if he has done wrong---he will be punished when the time comes"...
I believe in God and the bible does not promote "eye for an eye". The bible promotes forgiveness because he will make the final judgment.

Should he die? I say no! Why? Because humans are not 100% perfect, therefore our judgements (prison sentences) are also flawed. What if he is innocent? Then we just killed an innocent man.

Maybe you guys are not aware but the LAPD is the most racist and corrupt police department in the US. After viewing previous high profiled cases (OJ, Rodney King and even Tupac's death is being linked to officers of the LAPD), it would not surprise me if future DNA tests show that he was truly innocent. Then a further internal investigation shows officers who were in on it.

Maybe the LAPD saw the growth of the Crips and said "we have to take out their leader at all costs". Some of you would agree with that. Then you realize that if his rights are taken away from him, we all have lost our rights.
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #49
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
But hey, what do I know? I'm just presenting another perspective... everyone is entitled, and encouraged, to develop their own opinion. Anyway, back to homework... :/

J

Another perspective? That's the same perspective everyone's got, it's straight off the Tookie fact sheet.

Here are some great retorts to 'your' comments http://www.knowgangs.com/blog/tookie1.htm

Last edited by mirek; 12-13-2005 at 11:05 AM.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:34 AM   #50
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
^^^ i dunno that perspective looks entirely based on emotion rather than fact.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:38 AM   #51
daytona
6th Gear Member

"Maybe you guys are not aware but the LAPD is the most racist and corrupt police department in the US" ..thats an insult to all the police officers who protect the public from self destructing....IF this case was gang bangers killing gang bangers there would be no out pouring of support.So if Bernado was on death roll and show redemption you think there would be a swell of support?..I dont fricking think so..this is a hollywood media circus being used by ex crip members trying to save the father of its brutal criminal cartel.Mirek thanks for a link to show the other side of the coin.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:51 AM   #52
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona
"Maybe you guys are not aware but the LAPD is the most racist and corrupt police department in the US" ..thats an insult to all the police officers who protect the public from self destructing....IF this case was gang bangers killing gang bangers there would be no out pouring of support.So if Bernado was on death roll and show redemption you think there would be a swell of support?..I dont fricking think so..this is a hollywood media circus being used by ex crip members trying to save the father of its brutal criminal cartel.Mirek thanks for a link to show the other side of the coin.
The entire point is, the death penalty is cruel, inhumane and an archaic form of punishment that serves no purpose in today's society.

And just because someone is a cop doesn't mean they're a boyscout. 1 in 4 cops are sociopaths.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:02 AM   #53
Dave535
3rd Gear Member

Heres my 2 cents. If in fact he did kill those people, a jury of his peers recommended the death penalty. Not that I agree with the death penalty, but it is the standard. Countless people are being put to death for crimes like the ones Tookie was convicted of. It may not be right, but it is the standard. Now I do still question wether or not he really did commit the crimes and if it can be proved he was innocent I believe all those who wrongly convicted him and those who denied him clemency should be harshly punished for murdering an innocent man. Now you add in the fact that Tookie has done a lot of very commendable good deeds while in prison. These deeds should not be seen as a way to buy his way out of dying. Tookie had the honor of knowing he had done something good and made a difference to people before he passed. I really wish he could have lived out his life. I just hope that he was not wrongly executed.

Raised on the level; died on the square.
Buried on the hill; only three knew where.
Dave535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #54
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
people make mistakes, let him serve his time and release him. You people have the same mentality as these extremists, the eye for an eye bit never solved anything.
God thats so stupid...
how do you make a mistake killing 4 people....give me a ****ing break....
do normal people make mistakes murdering? no, i accept mistakes in a life where you did something stupid and regret it, but murder? no..

release him? LOL you gotta be kidding me...do you know how the families of the murdered ones feel? i really doubt you do if you speak this way.
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #55
Chris de la Cruz

It is a mistake. A mistake he made to follow that route when he was younger. Obviously it shows that he's learned from it.

Tell me this, is it ok to dwell on one mistake for years to come? Thats whats wrong with people. They can't seem to bring their selves to forgive. Isn't that what the bible preaches? if so that doesn't make the people condoning him any holier. Yeah he made a ****ing mistake. A huge one. The key is, he learned from it and is willing to make a difference in the world. Some ask why not take credit for the formation of the crips? Who wants to be proud of that anyway.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #56
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome
It is a mistake. A mistake he made to follow that route when he was younger. Obviously it shows that he's learned from it.

Tell me this, is it ok to dwell on one mistake for years to come? Thats whats wrong with people. They can't seem to bring their selves to forgive. Isn't that what the bible preaches? if so that doesn't make the people condoning him any holier. Yeah he made a ****ing mistake. A huge one. The key is, he learned from it and is willing to make a difference in the world. Some ask why not take credit for the formation of the crips? Who wants to be proud of that anyway.
I really dont know half of the stuff you said, im not religious.
Aside from the "preaches" and "holier" stuff...

Tell me, would these words be coming out of your mouth if a family member of yours was lost to this idiot?
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:45 AM   #57
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWhitE46
God thats so stupid...
how do you make a mistake killing 4 people....give me a ****ing break....
do normal people make mistakes murdering? no, i accept mistakes in a life where you did something stupid and regret it, but murder? no..

release him? LOL you gotta be kidding me...do you know how the families of the murdered ones feel? i really doubt you do if you speak this way.
Ok ivan your just as extreme as any other view.

someone who's addicted to drugs and murders for money murders out of DEPENDANCE, that's 2nd degree murder. Street racers in the states have been tried for 2nd degree murder when an innocent civillian dies. (usually plead down to manslaughter, true)

Taking someone's life is under just about all circumstances wrong, and i dont condone what Stan did. But like I JUST SAID: "Taking someone's life is under just about all circumstances wrong." They should've let the poor sonofabitch live the rest of his life out in prison writing books about nonviolence/

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #58
Chris de la Cruz

^^^ if it were to happen to me, my opinion cannot be properly validated b/c it would be based entirely of emotion.

From personal experience though, i've seen how hard it is to escape and just live past what people say due to that one mistake you've made.

When i was younger i got booked for stealing cars ( i know nothing major like murder) but no one could look past that it was my immaturity that lead to it. Even though i got decent grades in school and what not and was a generally nice person they couldn't look past that one mistake in my life.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #59
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome
I think that someone like this is most likely a VERY good manipulator and probably is fakeing the whole "I learned from my mistakes" bull. I think that people like this should rot in prision forever and they should just throw away the key and forget about them.

A good example of this is Karla Homolka, she for sure isn't "cured" you don't kill and tourture three people (one of them being your sister) and get better, there is something serious wrong with people like this and they should be in jail forever.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #60
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
Taking someone's life is under just about all circumstances wrong, and i dont condone what Stan did. But like I JUST SAID: "Taking someone's life is under just about all circumstances wrong." They should've let the poor sonofabitch live the rest of his life out in prison writing books about nonviolence/

@25K/a year... x 50 years or so, 1.25 million dollar to house this murderer?
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: