Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Migrane Sufferers

What do you guys do? My doc told me I have migranes after I started getting bi-daily headaches and he just told me to take Tylnol Ultra at the first sign of symptoms.

To me this is ass, since they come whenever they want and I am supposed to run for a bottle of pills everytime?

My symptoms are pretty weird too, first the right side of my throat gets dry/sore, then my nose stuffs up then I get a terrible headache on the right side of my head and my eye(s) go red and water like a mother ****er.

Is this normal for migranes? Should I get a 2nd opinion?

This shit sucks.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:32 PM   #2
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Advil + beer always does the trick for me
Old 12-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #3
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

A nice phat spliff always does the job to relieve stubborn headaches (so I'm told)

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Gamite

advil always got rid of my headaches quickly.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
haha randy that works, but not all of us can walk around blitzed the whole time

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #6
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Before you start working on resolving the migrane, you need to figure out what is causing it. They don't happen randomly, and the culprit can be something as simple as improper nutrition, or outdated prescription eyeglasses.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:08 PM   #7
Primus
super blinger

i dont think its legal here in canada but this stuff in the states, Excederine for migrains, that stuff is like the knock out pill, u can have an axe in the side of your head, and take 1 pill and it takes everything away, gota goto the states for it though....
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #8
coolhand
Banned

Ya, I used to get mingranes alot. They would be pretty intence to the point where I would puke, and they would go away right after I did. Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that for me it's somthing to do with my digestive system. Cos I took these pills to help me shit and my head didn hurt for like 1+ years but I stopped taking them after like 3 months and now I just get the odd headace.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:12 PM   #9
coolhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
i dont think its legal here in canada but this stuff in the states, Excederine for migrains, that stuff is like the knock out pill, u can have an axe in the side of your head, and take 1 pill and it takes everything away, gota goto the states for it though....

Who the hell are you?

/me giggles
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #10
Primus
super blinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq
Who the hell are you?

/me giggles
im maximus primus bitch
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:37 PM   #11
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
i used to get migranes way back, and always stocked up whenever i crossed the border. they worked like magic!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #12
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Before you start working on resolving the migrane, you need to figure out what is causing it. They don't happen randomly, and the culprit can be something as simple as improper nutrition, or outdated prescription eyeglasses.
Actually oddly enough I noticed them after I got my contacts. I thought it was either from my glasses (new) or the contacts so I went a weekend without glasses, got one on sunday.

Went a weekend wearing contacts got one on the friday didnt get one all weekend.

Dad said maybe cheese/milk. Went without that got one again.

Sometimes I wake upwith one, the only thing I think it might be is dehydration, I should expirement with that I guess.

Oh and ya Alchol/Weed is expensive and I dont want to be sharpening skates/skis and such under the influence. I like my fingers.

Stanceiseverything.com
Old 12-12-2005, 05:56 PM   #13
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer
Actually oddly enough I noticed them after I got my contacts. I thought it was either from my glasses (new) or the contacts so I went a weekend without glasses, got one on sunday.

Went a weekend wearing contacts got one on the friday didnt get one all weekend.

Dad said maybe cheese/milk. Went without that got one again.

Sometimes I wake upwith one, the only thing I think it might be is dehydration, I should expirement with that I guess.

Oh and ya Alchol/Weed is expensive and I dont want to be sharpening skates/skis and such under the influence. I like my fingers.
How about lack of nutrition? You taking a multivitamin, eating properly? B-complex is known for relieving headaches, as well as niacin, calcium, riboflavin, and magnesium.

Also note that additives such as MSG, aspartame (often found in diet drinks and chewing gum), tartrazine, and tyramine can cause migrane headaches.

All things to look into, as well as your possible dehydration which can cause migranes which quickly. I would also get a full blood test done, as well as a urine test done to verify your blood levels are in check, your not lacking anything, and that your neurological migrane is not the result of a possibly more serious problem such as possible epilepsy, hypertension, angina, or asthma.

Also, how do you know that what you have is not just a reoccuring headache, instead of a migrane? How was it diagnosed? There is a very big difference between a headache and a migrane. A migrane is the inflammation/expansion of the blood vessels in your cranium, whereas a headache is caused the opposite, narrowing of the blood vessels. Therefore treatment for the two are also very different, if there is a misdiagnosis and you are treated for a migrane as you would a headache, the problem can become worse.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #14
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Ya, since I started working out I have been eating better than I used to and taking vitamins. Sometimes I just wake up with them.

But I am going to try drinking more water, and eating more fruits and see what happens. I might start recording what I do/eat in the days to see if I can find a connection.

Stanceiseverything.com
Old 12-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #15
Justin e36
---

... note that I edited my above post, added a bit more information for you. Ok, back to homework.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: