Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-11-2005, 01:00 AM   #16
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunDan
Even if forwarding to a different port doesn't help, it will definitely stress their VOIP port.

If you are using bit torr3nt, try switching to BitCom3t becuase it has packet header encryption and Rogerz can't throttl3 if it doens't know what you are transferring.

BTW, there is a group boycott that supposed to happen on the 15th.
tried encrypting the header and it didnt work...

changed the listen port to 1720 and its partially ok...download capped at 90KB/sec
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:05 AM   #17
Antz_Marchin
4th Gear Member

has this just happened in the last few days or so, cause mine have sucked as of Tuesday-ish only. I'm on Cogeco in Niagara though....are they doing the same thing suddenly? If they keep this up, I'm just goin to lite.......I suddenly can't break 20kb/s
Antz_Marchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:30 AM   #18
SickFinga

Packet encryption doesnt work, without uploader having it.
For it to work, sender must encrypt it, not downloader. So for it to successfuly work, both clients gotta have it.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:46 AM   #19
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz_Marchin
has this just happened in the last few days or so, cause mine have sucked as of Tuesday-ish only. I'm on Cogeco in Niagara though....are they doing the same thing suddenly? If they keep this up, I'm just goin to lite.......I suddenly can't break 20kb/s
been having this problem for a while too, upload speed is fine for ftp and such but torrents are hella slow and have f*kd my ratio up, tried going with alternate posts to try and help but to no avil, i will try swiching to 1720 and see whats what, and report back, called cogeco a feew weeks back and told them im using torrent to transfer pictures and other material that i own copyright to, to friends and family who aren't near me and asked if they throttled any ports, the guy i talked to said no but asked his super and he said that cogeco does not have a policy of throttleing any ports without a message being sent to you, to let you know. i don't really believe them cause i know better but i ono. as i said i will see whats what with cogeco, i have the pro service 10mbps down 1mbps up, about a year ago i had this and would get 120KB/s upload on torrents and thats what i get when doing ftp transfers so we shall see.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #20
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

i finished downloading NFSMW overnight, it had to have gone faster than 90kB/sec because the download was 4.26GB...meh it downloaded thats all i care
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #21
felixthecat
Was touched by Micheal

Send a message via MSN to felixthecat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
Rogers extreme is twice the time faster than Symaptico High Speed and 1mbit faster than HighSpeed Ultra.

Im paying the same for my 5Mbit internet as you for your 3mbit
um..how do you figure its faster when your not even getting all your packets...it was even dropping packets from gaming for christ sakes..and i just switched ,so i know its 5 dollars cheaper
felixthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #22
sirex
King Sirex

i guess the internet only sucks for some people
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #23
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
An anonymous reader writes "Slyck news is reporting that because BitComet does not recognize the 'private flag' on torrents originating from pirate BitTorrent trackers, this client is being banned from these communities. Private trackers are finding their torrents spread via the private DHT layer, allowing leechers to bypass ratios and download content freely."
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:31 PM   #24
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat
um..how do you figure its faster when your not even getting all your packets...it was even dropping packets from gaming for christ sakes..and i just switched ,so i know its 5 dollars cheaper
For BitTorrent Sympatico without throttling might be faster, but its a matter of time when Sympatico intorduces packet throttling on their service anyway. I also do not use bittorrent on my computer anymore.
What I do is I download torrent on my 100mbit line dedicated server, and then download from in to my PC at 700kb/sec constantly.

Sympatico High Speed is $44.95, its a 3mbit download, 800kbit upload service.
Sympatico High Speed Ultra is $50.00, it is 5mbit/800kbit

My Rogers Extreme is 44.95, its 5mbit/800kbit
Rogers Extreme for new customers is 46.95, its 6mbit/800kbit
Old 12-12-2005, 12:56 AM   #25
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Quote:
Sympatico High Speed is $44.95, its a 3mbit download, 800kbit upload service.
Sympatico High Speed Ultra is $50.00, it is 5mbit/800kbit

My Rogers Extreme is 44.95, its 5mbit/800kbit
Rogers Extreme for new customers is 46.95, its 6mbit/800kbit
existing customers can upgrade to the 6mb line as well. and the cap goes up from 60GB a month to a 100GB a month.

since u say ur downloading at over 700KB/s it means urs has been upgraded already. the 5MB is usually around 6xxKB/s
the 5MB wasn't upgraded until i called them a few weeks ago. if ur not sure what urs is. u can go to their website https://www.shoprogers.com/web_auth/signin.asp login in check internet usage. if the cap says 60GB ur still on 5MB and if it's 100GB u have been upgraded to 6MB

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speed.jpg (36.1 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by MP328; 12-12-2005 at 12:58 AM.
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:01 AM   #26
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP328
existing customers can upgrade to the 6mb line as well. and the cap goes up from 60GB a month to a 100GB a month.

since u say ur downloading at over 700KB/s it means urs has been upgraded already. the 5MB is usually around 6xxKB/s
the 5MB wasn't upgraded until i called them a few weeks ago. if ur not sure what urs is. u can go to their website https://www.shoprogers.com/web_auth/signin.asp login in check internet usage. if the cap says 60GB ur still on 5MB and if it's 100GB u have been upgraded to 6MB

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
I know you can be upgraded, it is $2 extra a month. In another thread I posted all about it. I posted there that I got 2 accounts, one is new Extreme 6/100 and another one is old one 5/60.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:04 AM   #27
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Quote:
I know you can be upgraded, it is $2 extra a month. In another thread I posted all about it. I posted there that I got 2 accounts, one is new Extreme 6/100 and another one is old one 5/60.
yeah i just actually saw that other thread.

but maybe some other people dont know about it.

i actually ended up going with sympatico AND rogers. sympatico is used on my download computer and works just fine. rogers on this main one.
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: