Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Revshot be banned?
No I like him 37 30.08%
Its about bloody time 38 30.89%
I couldn't care less 48 39.02%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #16
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro

even convicted child molesters don't get banned from the provence they kidy raped in.
they do how ever get heavily monitored when released from prison.
sometimes for not to long after the fact= Homolka
but they are banned from associating with children, or living near schools...

too bad they can't ban rev from using a PC
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #17
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
I agree he was a little out of line but I also believe that the main reason here is PERSONAL! I disagree with this, there are other members on this board that have done worse and said worse and because they have not PERSONALY done anything they are allowed to stay. There should be some sort of offical rule about warnings/bans that is used for ALL members and not just making it up as you go along.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:48 PM   #18
Waterwings
6th Gear Member

oops sorry for putting this in the wrong section

"powered by passion and the equivalent of 900 horses"
Waterwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #19
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
There are enough people that add "spice" to the board. But they also sporradically go out and post something useful about BMWs. He was given two very clear warnings (including a BAN) to cut back on the bullshit. If he can't do that then he has some serious growing up to do before he can be a functioning adult. Life has rules and most times you don't get 2 chances to get the message before you get bitchslapped.
I think BigD pretty much hit the nail on the head with this.

I was not a part of the staff when Revshot's ban happened, but I do know enough of the details to help clarify this. If not, I'm sure the other mods/admins will chime in and correct me.

The rules are:
First Offence = Warning
Second Offence = 2 Week Temporary Ban
Third Offence = Perminant Ban

Revshot was given a warning. A week later, he was handed a 2 week [u]temporary[u] ban. The rules were clearly communicated to him the banning process. (3 strikes, and you're out.) During that 2 week ban Revshot came back under another nickname and began downtalking a number of the moderators/admins immediately, and causing quite a bit of trouble. If he just waited out the temporary ban period all would be well... unfortunately, that did not happen.

Now, I know everyone is saying there are other members who have done/said/acted in ways that should warrant a ban as well. To my knowledge these people have already been given a warning around the same time Revshot recieved his first warning. All the other members who have been warned have been good with keeping their activity positive. I'm pretty sure there will be more ban's set out eventually. All because Revshot is the first member to hit 3 strikes, doesn't mean he's the only person being singled out.

I think the rules are pretty simple. Contribute to the maXbimmer community (that means, helping out other members or even participating in the BMW discussions, not just off-topic), no racism, sexism, or overly vulgar material. Keep even off-topic posts somewhat tasteful and to have some actual content. As it is possible for threads to be too off-topic for off-topic. And most importantly, have fun.

Again, this is just what I have observed... but I might be wrong about some things, or have missed some things. Hope this helps clarify a few things though.

Justin
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #20
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
does anyone else but me not have a clue as to this whole situation? as my avatar says i have no idea whats going on. All ive seen is that he is banned why i dont know. ive seen a petition to bring him back and this thread.

I dont really know him or anyone on here i can only judge loosely about each and everyone of you based on what is written on here. As for Jay he provided me with some very useful information when i first came here, and over time provided me with a laugh or 2.

Pretty much everyone on here is guilty of starting a useless thread or 2, my self included. But one has to know the limitations and not make every thread, every post a joke. If he verbally attacked someone on here constantly i can see need for a serious ban but not permanent. But if the matter was taken into real life and put towards harming another then id agree in not wanting someone like that around. But People do make mistakes.

Im sure there are a set of rules that all of us must abide by on here, and if they are bent thats not too bad, broken, your pushing your luck, out right ignored that calls for a ban based on the severity of the "crime". If all the mods agreed that he did something worth banning for life then that needs to be lived with, but if its just a personal vendetta then i dont see that as being totaly fair.

Either way it is really up to the mods, those who created this site and run it, who stays and who go's.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #21
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
does anyone else but me not have a clue as to this whole situation? as my avatar says i have no idea whats going on. All ive seen is that he is banned why i dont know. ive seen a petition to bring him back and this thread.

I dont really know him or anyone on here, i can only judge loosely about each and everyone of you based on what is written on here. As for Jay he provided me with some very useful information when i first came here, and over time provided me with a laugh or 2.

Pretty much everyone on here is guilty of starting a useless thread or 2, my self included. But one has to know the limitations and not make every thread, every post a joke. If he verbally attacked someone on here constantly i can see need for a serious ban but not permanent. But if the matter was taken into real life and put towards harming another then id agree in not wanting someone like that around. But People do make mistakes.

Im sure there are a set of rules that all of us must abide by on here, and if they are bent thats not too bad, broken, your pushing your luck, out right ignored that calls for a ban based on the severity of the "crime". If all the mods agreed that he did something worth banning for life then that needs to be lived with, but if its just a personal vendetta then i dont see that as being totaly fair.

Either way it is really up to the mods, those who created this site and run it, who stays and who go's.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.

Last edited by spooner_dee; 12-08-2005 at 05:22 PM.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #22
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

i have nothing against revshot.

but revshot got banned for creating useless threads.
he's gone now, and useless threads about revshot are being created.

that's ironic, don't yah think??
Old 12-08-2005, 05:45 PM   #23
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle
The only problem i see with jay is that he started a LOT of useless thereads, but so do MANY other people! But this is why we have moderators, if they see something thats a waste, just delete it! Some way more contraversial people are still allowed to post (wont name any) with the simple excuse they "contribute" to the forum. Jay gets blamed for "not even having a BMW", but neither does Randy, or me, and so many others....

Anyways, i dont know why i even bother, since this thread with be locked or deleted, like all others dealing with the issue

Yeah, Like me... hahahaha.. shit i post some crazy shit now that I think about it...

Now here is my 2 cents... Everyone is saying well he had 2 weeks to grow up, blah blah blah.... But banning someone thats been on the forums for quite some time and then saying well

a) he never really contributed much

b) he doesnt own a bimmer.

Here I got one, why doesn't everyone else grow up and stop caring so much about the shit that go's on in the internet.. Nothing Revshot ever posted has pissed me off, its made me laugh thats for sure.. But banning cuz he acted a little immature and the admins couldn't take it?....

Umm who should grow up?
Of course Rev is going to be pissed off.. Why should he take it like an adult and be banned for 2 weeks for something stupid and rediculous.. Granted I dont really know what he did, but then again, its the internet, are the mods crying over the shit he may have said or acted???

Like I said, everyone should grow up and stop being little bitches over this issue.. Otherwise, this whole community will crash down with people starting to leave.

No, I dont have a bimmer, but this is suppose to be a Bimmer Enthusiast site. That means, those who like BMW's and also own them can post here. It is also a Public forum, and anyone can join in.

I realise the mods have all power over the forums, but just because youve got the power doesn;t mean you should act like a child and act like complete Gods with all power under your arsenal.. That just leads to a hostile community.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #24
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
honestly.... i don't care.

He got banned he got banned I can move on with my life, why can't anyone else? So what a dude gets banned everyone makes a big fuse out of it? its not like he ****ing died. There's other ways other than maxbimmer to socialize with him. just move on. who gives a shit if he got banned.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #25
Danboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl
there are other members on this board that have done worse and said worse and because they have not PERSONALY done anything they are allowed to stay.
Exactly, and that is why we are starting to clean up this board. We have banned only about 4 members over the four years that Max has been running, Bliss or any other mod can back me up on that stat, so i would think that we're pretty leniant imo.
Danboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #26
Furious
BMW again.

the reasons he got banned are simple, its bliss's forum and he can do what he pleases. i think the last stunt he pulled at the end warranted a perm-ban, i would have done the same thing on my forum.
i could care less if he was banned or not he was a headache on a monday morning.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #27
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

I could care less - He really wasn't 1) Nice 2) Smart 3) helpful 4) Insightful 5) Mature

Pick one...

Deep
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #28
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Currently its 18/18/18.
I want R3v back, there are many others that are useless to have around here, but they still post.
DanBoy? Who the hell are you???? Since when does nobody become somebody? I've never seen you post anything before, and I never see you post anything helpful? How does all this work? Did Max get a second owner, and I missed it?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #29
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
OMFG, what are we going to do??????????????????????

who cares, life goes on, its the internet.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:17 PM   #30
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

the bottum line is RESPECT, even if may not like the person.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: