Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-03-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
Striker
Turbo Ready

Which cell phone company average plan is best?

I have been a Bell Mobility suscriber for nearly 10 years and looking for new better plans.

I used to be a Bell dealer and after getting pi$$ed with them so many times I dropped the dealership a few years ago and now would like to find a better wireless provider. The ripoff seems endless.

I was doing some homework and FiDo seems to have a great plan. You can get
250 weekday minutes, incoming FREE (locally and internationally) once you are receiving the call in the city the phone was registered in, evenings and weekends free for $45. You can add 5 bucks for all the other stuff, voice mail, caller ID etc.
I am concerned about the range coveage as well.

The TO guys seem to get great rates and because TO is so huge, the local area coverage is great.

FiDo have great phones as well, quad, camera etc.

What you guys think? Who are you with?

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE

Last edited by Striker; 12-03-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
telus had the best reception ive ever had however the ****in pricks and expensive
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
Striker
Turbo Ready

Yea Rev they are pricy, I was looking at their plans. I have a new fricken Audio Vox "high end" cell phone from Bell, it's the worst POS I have ever had. I would loose signal in my basement or 1/2hr on the bloddy highway sometimes.

I am seriously thinkg of FiDo, but also heard bad news about them a while ago. Technology has changed awhole lot but all suckers are the same for money.

I am paying more for less from Bell compared to 5 years ago.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #4
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
Yea Rev they are pricy, I was looking at their plans. I have a new fricken Audio Vox "high end" cell phone from Bell, it's the worst POS I have ever had. I would loose signal in my basement or 1/2hr on the bloddy highway sometimes.

I am seriously thinkg of FiDo, but also heard bad news about them a while ago. Technology has changed awhole lot but all suckers are the same for money.

I am paying more for less from Bell compared to 5 years ago.
fido is great for city talk, my last fido had no reception between towns, but that was 2 years ago, things could have changed
Old 12-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #5
Cosmic 325i
3rd Gear Member

get a MIKE (telus) and get their phone to phone 20
Old 12-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #6
Phantom
Automation geek

I agree with the Telus rates. I'm on a fairly good plan: 350 anytime minutes + Free evenings/weekends + Free Voicemail/Caller ID/Call Forwarding + Free Incoming local calls all for $40/mo.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #7
MGYVER
2nd Gear Member

Fido is now owned by Rogers so it has the same GSM range as the Rogers GSM Digital Network. Outside a major city though ie. more rural areas, you won't get any coverage.
Also before Rogers bought Fido, the $6.95 monthly system activation fee was included in the $45 City plan. Unfortunately I don't think it is anymore.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #8
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
I agree with the Telus rates. I'm on a fairly good plan: 350 anytime minutes + Free evenings/weekends + Free Voicemail/Caller ID/Call Forwarding + Free Incoming local calls all for $40/mo.
i have the same plan, i havent had a bill under 80 bucks 25 cents a min long distance and billing by the minuite is bullshit
Old 12-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #9
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
That's my exact plan also, it's a good plan. Telus has good phones and good reception. Their customer service is pretty good too.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #10
Striker
Turbo Ready

I am with Bell All in One 350 daytime minutes , including 911 Call Forw, call waiting sys access fee $45.00
Evenings and weekends 6PM to 8AM $5
Caller ID, voice mail and touch base $10

Total $ 60 plus GST

I feel like an idiot being loyal to Bell for 10 years.

Last edited by Striker; 12-03-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:57 PM   #11
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
i have the same plan, i havent had a bill under 80 bucks 25 cents a min long distance and billing by the minuite is bullshit
My mobile bill is in excess of $ 150 a month with Bell.

BTW FiDo has per second billing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGYVER
Fido is now owned by Rogers so it has the same GSM range as the Rogers GSM Digital Network. Outside a major city though ie. more rural areas, you won't get any coverage.
Also before Rogers bought Fido, the $6.95 monthly system activation fee was included in the $45 City plan. Unfortunately I don't think it is anymore.
Thanks, good to know. I am amazed at how these guys tell you, "Oh that plan you have is no longer available, we have a better one." When you do the math, you always find out that you are paying more for less compared to the plan that you had beofre.

You would have thought the service and options would have been cheaper as the years went by, but it's the opposite. The Bell slave toled me today, that plan you have is great, we can't give it any longer and if your phone craps out so will your plan, a bunch of money grabbing facken crooks.

Last edited by Striker; 12-03-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:19 PM   #12
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

i ended up not paying my telus bill, they phoned for like 2 months 2-3 times a week threatend to send me to the creditors ect.. its been about 4 months now and they have stopped calling, and no credit problems **** there phones i hate telus
Old 12-03-2005, 10:38 PM   #13
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
i ended up not paying my telus bill, they phoned for like 2 months 2-3 times a week threatend to send me to the creditors ect.. its been about 4 months now and they have stopped calling, and no credit problems **** there phones i hate telus
Well their name is Telus, so you can tell them, really tell them off, they aked for it.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:52 PM   #14
dave328i
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to dave328i
just got a new motorola razr v3 phone today. its a really sweet phone, regular $409. got it from rogers for $99 with a 3 year plan. the plan i got is 1000 evening and weekend minutes and 100 daytime minutes for $20. but the killer part is that you get free rogers to rogers calling, and most of my friends are on rogers. also got 6 months free local calling and 6 months free text messaging, also got a free case and car charger. seems like a good deal.

Introducing the new Special-Edition Black MOTO RAZR V3.
This ultra-slim, flip phone blends the best of design with full-featured functionality:

Aircraft-grade matte black finish
Illuminated, laser-etched keypad
Integrated VGA camera
MPEG4 video playback
Internal and external colour displays
3D graphics engine
Downloadable games, ring tunes and MP3's
Bluetooth wireless technology, built-in speakerphone and world phone (Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHZ) capabilities
It's razor thin but far from flat.

Last edited by dave328i; 12-03-2005 at 10:55 PM.
dave328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #15
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave328i
just got a new motorola razr v3 phone today. its a really sweet phone, regular $409. got it from rogers for $99 with a 3 year plan. the plan i got is 1000 evening and weekend minutes and 100 daytime minutes for $20. but the killer part is that you get free rogers to rogers calling, and most of my friends are on rogers. also got 6 months free local calling and 6 months free text messaging, also got a free case and car charger. seems like a good deal.

Introducing the new Special-Edition Black MOTO RAZR V3.
This ultra-slim, flip phone blends the best of design with full-featured functionality:

Aircraft-grade matte black finish
Illuminated, laser-etched keypad
Integrated VGA camera
MPEG4 video playback
Internal and external colour displays
3D graphics engine
Downloadable games, ring tunes and MP3's
Bluetooth wireless technology, built-in speakerphone and world phone (Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHZ) capabilities
It's razor thin but far from flat.

Not bad but I yackidy yack over 150 minutes weekday, well I have a to answer customers Sounds like you got a good deal on the phone and plan.

I can't believe that everyone else is using all the other wireless providers except Bell. Just proves their service and rates suck I guess. What was I thinking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: