Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Forum Suggestions, and Questions
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #1
mirek
6th Gear Member

maxbimmer decals, why not free?

just wondering why i should pay to put a decal advertising the site on my car? i can understand tshirts, and toques, but decals? I'm advertising YOUR site. My dad used to own a vinyl sign shop so i know that it's not expensive making them..
Old 11-24-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

yeah i knida agree and disagree here...
Old 11-24-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
mirek
6th Gear Member

how mad would the mods be if i made like 30 and handed them out at cost?
Old 11-24-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
rhythm
3rd Gear Member

It's just an assumption, but I'm guessing the owner if the site is not making any revenue from it. I would be surprised if the advertising paid for the hosting/bandwidth costs.

It would also be hypocritical to complain about paying money to advertise for someone. Just look at what we wear. Whether you wear Nike, G-Unit, or Polo, you pay to sport their logo which is advertising for them.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
Gamite

we're not making any money off them.

Old 11-24-2005, 09:59 PM   #6
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
we're not making any money off them.
so then i can have some made and hand them out?
Old 11-24-2005, 11:03 PM   #7
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek
so then i can have some made and hand them out?

I don't THINK theres any sorta copyright laws for this!
Old 11-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #8
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

your supporting the site, big deal.

its not like ur paying for membership.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:06 PM   #9
Bliss
Administrator

Let me put it this way...is Maxbimmer running on a free server? the answer is no. Is Maxbimmer's bandwidth rediculously high? yes...what does that equal? High monthly server costs that we dish out every month to keep Maxbimmer running.

Maxbimmer is a non-profit organization, so if you have a problem putting in $10 or $5 for support, so be it, you dont have to help out at all. No guns put to anyones heads here. After all, this BMW community is free to the public, including high-bandwidth videos. Small merchandise such as $10 stickers can help out, and we thank those that do.

Its not expensive making vinyl decals im sure...for the owners of the decal company. Its like saying Rogers cable tv is cheap for Mr Roger, lol. For the general public it's expensive.

For all the support that MANY members have given to Maxbimmer through the years either by buying a simple sticker, or by sponsoring us, we thank you for that and it's little things such as this that keeps Maxbimmer strong. Maxbimmer is a free online BMW community, and we hope to keep it this way...Thanks.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Old 11-24-2005, 11:15 PM   #10
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss
Let me put it this way...is Maxbimmer running on a free server? the answer is no. Is Maxbimmer's bandwidth rediculously high? yes...what does that equal? High monthly server costs that we dish out every month to keep Maxbimmer running.

Maxbimmer is a non-profit organization, so if you have a problem putting in $10 or $5 for support, so be it, you dont have to help out at all. No guns put to anyones heads here. After all, this BMW community is free to the public, including high-bandwidth videos. Small merchandise such as $10 stickers can help out, and we thank those that do.

Its not expensive making vinyl decals im sure...for the owners of the decal company. Its like saying Rogers cable tv is cheap for Mr Roger, lol. For the general public it's expensive.

For all the support that MANY members given to Maxbimmer through the years either by buying a simple sticker, or by sponsoring us, we thank you for that and it's little things such as this that keeps Maxbimmer strong. Maxbimmer is a free online BMW comminity...Thanks.
Agreed. This site costs a lot of run, and the bandwidth usage is high with all the videos on the main page available to everyone. Not to mention all the picture attachments in the forum itself. A few dollars here or there to help keep the site running by purchasing decals, tshirts, or toques is not a lot to ask.

Last edited by Justin e36; 11-24-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:25 PM   #11
mirek
6th Gear Member

I have no problem donating. Put up a paypal donation link and I'll be glad to throw some cash towards bandwidth!

I now understand you're point.. d'accord d'accord..
Old 11-24-2005, 11:37 PM   #12
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

um.... where are theses toques i here about just outa curiousity?
Old 11-24-2005, 11:40 PM   #13
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
just click on the link SHOP at the top of the menu bar or here http://www.maxbimmer.com/shop/?

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Old 11-24-2005, 11:50 PM   #14
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

oh your the best quack!
Old 11-24-2005, 11:52 PM   #15
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
The toques are actually really nice... it doesn't look as good in the pictures. I checked them out at the Revshot vs JazzM meet... think I'm going to pick up a short trim beanie.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: