Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-10-2002, 10:56 AM   #16
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
Quote:
Originally posted by niko_gt
Have you guys seen those BLACK (malibu's i think) with florescent green writing on the sides saying "PEEL POLICE" i beleive.. and u only see it from some angles.. scared the crap out of me.

im over taking a black malibu (pretty sure it was malibu)
and everything seemed normal, but when i hit a certain angle the word "police" was written all over the car, and when i turned around it was gone.. that was like a year ago tho.
its a wierd reflecter they use.

r u sure it was a malibu??? Its probably an impala....i never seen cops in malibu's...
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 11:44 AM   #17
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

yea i ment impala. lol my bad
Old 10-10-2002, 11:54 AM   #18
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
you should get a radar detector (i know they're illegal but who cares, so is outrunning the cops!)
those navy blue cop cars with the hidden writing on them are so easily picked up on the K band it's halarious.
The usual cop cars are a little harder because they're on the Ka band and some on the old X band which is hard to distinguish between a false alarm.

The ones i'm afraid of are the unmarked white crown vics!
They're using laser most of the time and by the time my detector picks that up i'm probably already tagged.

I'm finding i'm getting tagged alot with laser lately. Just in the past week i've been tagged about 11 times on my route to and from work. Be carefull everyone!

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 10-10-2002 at 11:56 AM.
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 01:29 AM   #19
bart320i
6th Gear Member

dde

I got nabbed by a red Caravan in Oakville by some hard ass under covers last winter. They thought I was a drug dealer and they questioned me and my friend for a good hour
Old 10-15-2002, 02:18 AM   #20
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Here is a great way to avoid the cops, dont speed! Thats what I always do!
Old 10-15-2002, 07:09 AM   #21
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Here is a great way to avoid the cops, dont speed!
HaHa!... that's what you think. As-if it's that easy. When i'm cruising in the Bimmer, I never speed and CONSTANTLY get pulled over for questioning.

"is this thing street legal?"
"do you have Nitrous?"
"Is that cage real?"
"That muffler is too loud"
"what does it do in the quarter?"

I got a ticket for a rolling stop, no front plate, improper muffler, expired license sticker..... they just don't let up, but NEVER a speeding ticket.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:00 AM   #22
SickFinga

rolling stop??
what is it?
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:30 AM   #23
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
rolling stop??
what is it?
I think that's when you approach a stop sign and don't do a complete stop.
You're moving slow enough that you consider it a stop, but the cops want to see the wheels come to a dead hault for a second or two!
Old 10-15-2002, 11:36 AM   #24
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

so many diff kinds of cops u never know

i've seen
crown vics (marked & unmarked)
impalas' (marked & unmarked)
caravans (unmarked)
explorers (unmarked)
volvo s40s (the new boxy kind the smaller ones)
Old 10-15-2002, 01:10 PM   #25
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Quote:
Originally posted by niko_gt
Have you guys seen those BLACK (malibu's i think) with florescent green writing on the sides saying "PEEL POLICE" i beleive.. and u only see it from some angles.. scared the crap out of me.

im over taking a black malibu (pretty sure it was malibu)
and everything seemed normal, but when i hit a certain angle the word "police" was written all over the car, and when i turned around it was gone.. that was like a year ago tho.
its a wierd reflecter they use.
those are Impala's i've seen a few different ones Black and grey letters. dark green and green letters. silver and silver letters.

Quote:
r u sure it was a malibu??? Its probably an impala....i never seen cops in malibu's...
i've seen one (a malibu) on the highway around london it was a dark color and the windows were tinted fully black and u could see the lights flashing behind the windshield cuz he pulled someone over when i passed by.
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 03:09 PM   #26
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

The most stealthy cars I've seen the force use to date are new Impala's that are completely stock... even cheezy oversized mudflaps and plastic hubcaps. No visible radar boxes on the dash or rollbar... the strobes are in the tail lights and front grill.... scary how stock they look. Even the pig driving wears a baseball had and T-shirt!... I've seen them pull over someone passing me on the 407... twice!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 03:17 PM   #27
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
The most stealthy cars I've seen the force use to date are new Impala's that are completely stock... even cheezy oversized mudflaps and plastic hubcaps. No visible radar boxes on the dash or rollbar... the strobes are in the tail lights and front grill.... scary how stock they look. Even the pig driving wears a baseball had and T-shirt!... I've seen them pull over someone passing me on the 407... twice!
are you serious?
I remember a few years ago my father told me that cops in unmarked or undercover cars, unless they were a detective, had to wear a police uniform because of somethng like the public complaining it was unfair that they could wear plain clothes while on duty and still pull people over, (this is probably bullshit, but there was a good reason for it that i just can't remember now)

perhaps things have changed because of all the speeding problems toronto has right now?

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 01:37 AM   #28
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
Oh yeah?? Listen to this, I was on the 401 and I was in the middle lane next to the fast lane and I see a late 90's cavalier with rice blue bulbs, tinted covers over his headlights, very dark tint, and a loud exhaust speeding in the fast lane, early in the morning. So I see him in my rear view mirror comming up fast, and what do I do just before he reaches me I dump it in 3rd ready to take him, and just before I step on the gas, I look over and its a uniformed COP!!!!!! Wow good thing I looked over!!
Old 10-16-2002, 03:23 AM   #29
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
a couple of weeks ago i just washed my car and went to one park around here were i live on lakeshore to take some pictures. and i was going out of the park and got on the lakeshore and a older monte carlo was behind me. no visible flashlights on top or inside. and i just turned on lake shore and while still in 2nd gear changed lanes really quick.

and i stopped on the next light and had the windows down and i hear a siren i look over and the monte carlo was right beside me and the guy had a police baseball hat on, not a uniform. and asked me "how many tickets do u want today" i was like "none " and he said "DRIVE SENSIBLE!!!" i just said "OK" and tried to hide inside the car heheh. so i got lucky
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 04:48 PM   #30
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
see usefull info!
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: