Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-17-2005, 08:48 AM   #31
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
cuz if i dont have to pay 110 bucks i wont!
That's the least of your worries.
This goes on your record as a moving violation.
Your insurance company finds out and you will be driving a Yugo.
Even if you are guilty, fight it.
However don't say that you were not wearing a seatbelt.
Just try to explain to the judge how could he see this under the current conditions.
However I believe their radar gun can zoom in on a vehicle, therefore he can see.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:15 AM   #32
jeremy
6th Gear Member

i got out of a seat belt ticket by claiming it wasn't working properly and brought a work order with me saying i fixed it...
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #33
daytona
6th Gear Member

I was told by a police traffic officer that the quotas after their mini strike was 25 per shift..he did that in 4 hours..he mentioned he was really picky he could have done 60 in a shift..%80 of the tickets was for 15km over in the city limits the rest were for seatbelts and aggressive driving...just say his court dates are booked for the whole 2006 because with insurance these days he mentioned that practically all the speeding tickets are contested.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:37 AM   #34
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

I got stopped for a seatbelt ticket once. I slipped my belt on also when the cop passed, I argued with him, he wouldn't buy it, so gave me a ticket. I took it to court, he showed up. I told the judge I was wearing it, he said "prove it" and said its my word against the cops. Copper won.
AcidSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #35
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
They won't even stop you for 130Kph on the 401
I got a ticket for 127 Km/h on the 401 before...

T.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:13 AM   #36
M3Ab
Pakman

Well I would definitely fight it for insurance purposes, let's hope the cop's not a max member and doesn't take your ''words'' online to court. But as an aside, next time your driving, wear your seatbelt. I got into an accident with my M3, I got clipped by some idiot and lost control and went pretty much head on into a concrete median. The cop that investigated the accident told me if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt, I would have went throught the windshield and landed on the other side of the highway and probably would have gotten smoked by an oncoming car because as you probably learned in physics you are travelling at the same speed as the vehicle you are sitting in. Just because the car you were travelling in stops doesn't mean you do. You continue to travel the same speed without a seatbelt to hold you back, and there you go 120 km/h through your windshield.

Last edited by M3Ab; 11-17-2005 at 11:16 AM.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 PM   #37
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

well not at 120 through the windshield, because the windshield would start slowing you down. I say you reach a top speed of 97.45 km/hr. Thats based that your thrown out at a 45 deg angle, which will also project you the furthest distance, also taking into consideration the wind speed, weight of the "traveller" and if the vehicle began braking before the impact.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:04 PM   #38
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

^Engineer indahouse
Old 11-17-2005, 11:31 PM   #39
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
I got a ticket for 127 Km/h on the 401 before...

T.
Past summer I was coming up to Ottawa from Napanee doing 130-140. A guy flew by doing about 170. I had no problem with that, sometimes we do some 200 plus pulls for a few seconds to give the BMW's fresh air, but a few seconds after he ran a guy off the road in front of me with his kids at the back. He just cut him right off. Right after this, he veered left, I the realised he was high on something.

I called 911 for the cops to stop this guy from killing someone and I was transferred to a female cop. She asked how fast I was going, I told her I won't lie, 130. She said everyone drives at 130 and we don't really stop them because driving at 100 will be a hazard on the 401.

They sent out 6 cops on bikes to "slow" the traffic down. Guess what, the cops were doing 130-135 with us following right behind.

I guess if they have a quota to reach they can be a PITA and charge you for 127.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:20 PM   #40
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
why dont you wear your belt???? thats not cool man, learn and wear the fawkin thing, jeez.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:59 PM   #41
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikIS
Why did you even stop?? he was parked on the side, you could of downshifted and taken the 2nd exit... and got away easily.

If you can get away. do it. **** the police.

I do it all the time.. crown vics are slow as dogshit

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:56 PM   #42
BMWags
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ital_325i
well not at 120 through the windshield, because the windshield would start slowing you down. I say you reach a top speed of 97.45 km/hr. Thats based that your thrown out at a 45 deg angle, which will also project you the furthest distance, also taking into consideration the wind speed, weight of the "traveller" and if the vehicle began braking before the impact.

that means; you wouldnt die as hard as you would at 120 kph
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:58 AM   #43
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Donít let the government fool you. The whole reason for wearing seat belts is not to save lives but to reduce OHIP coverage.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:19 AM   #44
Null
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Null
Super cop? This guy pulled you over??

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/1161.html
Old 11-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #45
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3
Donít let the government fool you. The whole reason for wearing seat belts is not to save lives but to reduce OHIP coverage.
honestly? it should be my choice if im to wear my belt or not, my seatbelt in no way shape or form prevents injury to anyone but myself, and last time i checked its my life not the laws so if i want to put myself at risk i think i should be allowed, its a stuipid law that again, is just a money grab,
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: