Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-16-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
Striker
Turbo Ready

Angry Motorcycle mating with car.

This is serious man, you guys take it easy on the bikes in the City.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed

instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE

Last edited by Striker; 11-16-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #2
Striker
Turbo Ready

Pic 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (52.8 KB, 81 views)

Old 11-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
Striker
Turbo Ready

Pic 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (50.9 KB, 82 views)

Old 11-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
Striker
Turbo Ready

Pic 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (62.5 KB, 82 views)

Old 11-16-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
Striker
Turbo Ready

Pic 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (50.9 KB, 82 views)

Old 11-16-2005, 11:25 AM   #6
sirex
King Sirex

If you are on a suicide mission PLEASE JUMP OFF A BRIDGE and end your life, not others as well.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:32 AM   #7
Striker
Turbo Ready

I missed having my Looser Cruiser (Mini Van) taken out 2 days ago 3 houses away from my house. A guy with a
Firebird ripped through my residental street at about 100 clicks, right through a stop sign, I had the right of was as it's only a two way stop. The good thing is I always look for cars though I have the right of way.

My van would have been shattered as the whole body is fibre glass and all my work tools and electronic test equipment would have been history, I might have been history too.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #8
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

A guy I know, his buddy did that, but when he hit the car his legs got jammed under the handle bars and his top half kept going....

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #9
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar318is
A guy I know, his buddy did that, but when he hit the car his legs got jammed under the handle bars and his top half kept going....
Ouch. I actually wondered how this guy got into the car myself. Thought he would have been chopped in half as well.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:52 PM   #10
SebSter
6th Gear Member

I remember reading somewhere that for highspeed impact crashes, you are actually more likely to survive being on a motorcycle. Being that in a car you get trapped/crushed inside... but off a bike if you let go, are wearing proper padding, if you relax your entire body/muscles apparently you can avoid serious injury.

They key is though to actually let yourself go, and keep your body relaxed (most people clench/flex their bodies before an accident, and thats what causes most injury).

Dont remember where I read this though.

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #11
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebSter
I remember reading somewhere that for highspeed impact crashes, you are actually more likely to survive being on a motorcycle. Being that in a car you get trapped/crushed inside... but off a bike if you let go, are wearing proper padding, if you relax your entire body/muscles apparently you can avoid serious injury.

They key is though to actually let yourself go, and keep your body relaxed (most people clench/flex their bodies before an accident, and thats what causes most injury).

Well just remember to let go, if you don't your head often detaches. That's what happened a few weeks ago on Finch Ave near Yonge. Some woman decided to pull a U in the middle of the road so she wouldn't have to wait for the red light, and someone in a motorcycle doing over 150 km/hr crashed into her. It was around 1:30 am.

MarkD
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:18 PM   #12
E46er
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
This is serious man, you guys take it easy on the bikes in the City.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed

instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

That's one F***ed up accident!
E46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #13
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebSter

i can personally tell you that does NOT work lol, i was like a limp noodle fyling through the air when i pushed myself away from my bike and i still spent 4 weeks in the hospital
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:39 PM   #14
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
hahahahahahahahahaha revshot
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #15
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
^ i like soup!