Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-14-2005, 01:59 AM   #1
aasyss
318i 1995

ABS LIGHT came on suddenly

Guys I am having a BMW 318I 1995 ,two weeks ago ABS light is "on"in the dashboard. Is any body can guide me what is it.Also I do not have any good mechanic for my BMW.Because after I bought this is the first problem I got.I am living in the Brampton,Toronto.If any body can help to give address for the good mechanic I appriciate him/her.

[send me PM ] thanks

Last edited by aasyss; 11-14-2005 at 02:39 AM.
aasyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:26 AM   #2
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Charlie A.K.A. Bimmersport on here
416 823 2269
Old 11-14-2005, 02:29 AM   #3
aasyss
318i 1995

Can you help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-TRD3
Charlie A.K.A. Bimmersport on here
416 823 2269
[Just now I saw your reply ]
aasyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:36 AM   #4
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

I dont think theres anything I can do, but call Charlie tommorow hes herralded as the most reputable BMW mechanic on here.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #5
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by aasyss
Guys I am having a BMW 318I 1995 ,two weeks ago ABS light is "on"in the dashboard. Is any body can guide me what is it.Also I do not have any good mechanic for my BMW.Because after I bought this is the first problem I got.I am living in the Brampton,Toronto.If any body can help to give address for the good mechanic I appriciate him/her.

[send me PM ] thanks
Welcome to the forum aasyss. Is your ABS light always on as soon as you start the car? The problem could be your ABS relay, but it is more likely to be one of your speed sensors.

Each wheel has a speed sensor that the ABS computer uses to calculate how/when to use the ABS system. Since these sensors are mechanical, and somewhat exposed to the elements, is it not uncommon for them to die or go intermittent after a few years.

If by any (very rare) chance it happens to be your ABS computer that kicked the bucket, I have an extra one I can sell you. Also, if it happens to be your ABS relay (red relay located in your fuse box) I have an extra one of those too.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: