Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
A importent note for ATM users.

if anyone has watched CSI they most likly seen the episode where the guy rips off the ATM machines using special devices that read your card before the ATM machine does, as well as well placed camaras inside little bank brouchers. I thought this was pretty smart and alot of work to do.

So my story for today goes like this. i just finished eating quiznos with my gf. we get into my car and notice a chineese dood, and some older brown man running around the parking lot (they looked like friends being gay at first) i noticed the brown guy was taking pics and chasing him.. i didnt care much cause they werent giving much of a chase for each other. as i was leaving the plaza my gf says make sure everythings ok, i catch up to the brown guy (they pretty much just ran a circle) and i ask him everything ok? hes says no can you grab that guy. so I speed up just a bit cause hes like walking at that point (out of breaht and hes on the phone) i pull over get out and stop the dude. hes like "i didnt do anything". the brown guy catchs up and told me what happend.. and its exactly the plot like in CSI, except he ripped off the devices when that dude noticed it, and he ran off with it in his bag. so anyways cops came and charged the dude with fruad. it was funny cause some little kid in his 12 and this brown guy gave chase to him.

so guys just becarfull when u go to those ATM machines look for and extra part ontop of the card reader and ALWAYS cover your PIN!!

My TD account was cancelled automatically 2 months ago because they suspected someone did this to my card.
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
Raging Lamb
?

God damn! Good advice.
Go brown guy!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:45 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
you drive a 740

i'll steal all the money i want from you and you can shut up and take it

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 PM   #4
Paul540/m3
BMW Individual

Send a message via MSN to Paul540/m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
you drive a 740

Ok Propane
Old 11-13-2005, 11:29 PM   #5
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
you drive a 740

come rob me you little bitch. ill make sure you end up with your buddy getting ****ed in the ass everyday.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:21 AM   #6
Furious
BMW again.

hahaha told . sit, shhhhhhh
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:32 AM   #7
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

LMFAO!!!! oWWWWWWWNED

good job betray i wish there were more ppl out there like ya...most ppl would just drive away not caring about the other people

and thanks for the heads up i almost never cover my pin...but i will start now....how would i check for this "extra part" because different card readers look different...i've seen some pretty twisted designs i was forced to use lol...but yeah i'm gonna tottally cover my pin with my hand from now on
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:58 PM   #8
Betray
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
LMFAO!!!! oWWWWWWWNED

good job betray i wish there were more ppl out there like ya...most ppl would just drive away not caring about the other people

and thanks for the heads up i almost never cover my pin...but i will start now....how would i check for this "extra part" because different card readers look different...i've seen some pretty twisted designs i was forced to use lol...but yeah i'm gonna tottally cover my pin with my hand from now on
i didnt really do anything, i think the dude got scared when i came out to figure whats up. the extra part is a cover sorta that goes ontop of the atm card reader.. so right before the banks ATM reads your card, this little device reads it first then tranmits the information to somewhere.. and the camara right above your shoulder records it. the camara is in a broucher type box that they place on the sides of the ATM.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #9
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

cool i will definately be more cautious when i'm using my DR card. and lol the fact that you even pursued him is a lot bro...
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:11 PM   #10
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I replace around a card an hour from gas station and ABM card reader fraud at work.

Lesson here: Use credit cards everywhere, and for cash look at the card slot carefully (and only go to your institution's machines, the universal ones are deadly).

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #11
Veemax
aka Boško Buha

man I would run that fool down with my car like I ran over my neighbours dog hahahahah

just kidding

LOL

Good job... did they say how much cash he jacked???
Veemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:58 PM   #12
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
I replace around a card an hour from gas station and ABM card reader fraud at work.

Lesson here: Use credit cards everywhere, and for cash look at the card slot carefully (and only go to your institution's machines, the universal ones are deadly).

yup thats exactly what I do now...

I take my visa everywhere, and leave my debit at home. I only use debit from TD bank machines.. I highly doubt anyone would **** with those machines (or do they??? that takes balls for sure)

with visa, any fraudulent activity and your 100% covered by the bank.. even with debit you are covered but with debit its your money, with visa its the banks hahaa
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #13
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
yup thats exactly what I do now...

I take my visa everywhere, and leave my debit at home. I only use debit from TD bank machines.. I highly doubt anyone would **** with those machines (or do they??? that takes balls for sure)

with visa, any fraudulent activity and your 100% covered by the bank.. even with debit you are covered but with debit its your money, with visa its the banks hahaa
They actually do f*** with real bank machines too... they simply put in a thin plastic insert that grabs your card and doesn't allow it to get read. Then they just record with a camera you trying to enter your pin over and over again. Finally it appears like the machine eats your card but in reality they can just pull it out.

T.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #14
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
lol i dont even have to do that, apparently atleast once a year, someone hacks into the visa main frame for my banks debit cards and steals the numbers. so once a year i get a letter telling me my card will be cancelled because of this and the new one will be here in a few days.... glad im switching banks in a few dAYs, then ill actually have to watch what i do.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:26 PM   #15
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Man this is way too tough country for us immigrants to get used to. Haha
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: