Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #61
golden
Doesn't have a car.

I am nerdier than 70% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #62
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
You wish I was a fag
Hey this isn't about me this is about you.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #63
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates

I am nerdier than 51% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:03 PM   #64
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
thanks
i'd luv to see a nerd do the things thinair does on his bike...
Old 11-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #65
digiital
5th Gear Member

Hummm yes you can. Remeber back in the EARLY 90's it was done. There was the BASM. Basic to Asm compiler. (There is BASM, a BASIC compiler which is written in PowerBASIC and produces (286) assembler code... )

Figure this out, XBASIC is written written in XBASIC( http://xbasic.sourceforge.net/)

FAQ - XBasic history
What language is XBasic written in?
XBasic is written entirely in XBasic, except for 400KB of assembly language - most of that is comments. XBasic does not call any functions in any C function library. XBasic is self-contained - the only functions XBasic calls are operating-system API functions. Linux XBasic implements all its graphics and message processing by calling functions in the low-level XWindows xlib function library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
Yes it is!!! BASIC isn't a language... (Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) - due to the fact that it has no notion of pointers/memory references. And I doubt you'd be able to write a compiler for BASIC in BASIC.

T.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

Last edited by digiital; 11-07-2005 at 08:12 PM.
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:09 PM   #66
digiital
5th Gear Member

The Sinclair, my first computer with a WHOLE 2k of ram. And I still have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
I think Mehood Compiler was a ZX Spectrum BASIC compiler (which if I'm not mistaken, was based on Sinclair BASIC), I think it was programmed in BASIC back in the early-mid 80's.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
Old 11-07-2005, 08:20 PM   #67
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
oh man, if you love old computers i have a storeage locker full of old computers that still run and are in very good condition. some rare ones too. some of my favs are kaypro's the lugable computer LOL!!

also here is me on the computer nerd test, not surprising

My computer geek score is greater than 86% of all people in the world! How do you compare? Click here to find out!

14% scored higher (more computer geeky),
0% scored the same, and
86% scored lower (less geeky).

What does this mean? Your computer geekiness is:

High-Level Computer Geek. All of those below you are envious of you! (...Well perhaps not the cool people)

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:24 PM   #68
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound
oh man, if you love old computers i have a storeage locker full of old computers that still run and are in very good condition. some rare ones too. some of my favs are kaypro's the lugable computer LOL!!

My computer geek score is greater than 86% of all people in the world! How do you compare? Click here to find out!

14% scored higher (more computer geeky),
0% scored the same, and
86% scored lower (less geeky).

What does this mean? Your computer geekiness is:

High-Level Computer Geek. All of those below you are envious of you! (...Well perhaps not the cool people)
if you've got an altair, I'll buy it.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:27 PM   #69
digiital
5th Gear Member

Is that the one with the luggage look with a green 2" screen ? (ok maybe alittle bigger then 2") used to use one of those back when I was working in the mainframe room of Pricewater.
Now you want to see one big ass computer should have seen the system Pricewater house had, 2 A/C running full time 24hr/s 365 days ayr. AND water cooled CPU. The room was about 75x75 feet. The drives(if you want to call them that) took 2 people to pull up the disks, they were a good 2.5ft wide. And when those things started to go, sounded like a chainsaw. Then about 1yr later we replaced the system with 2 fridge sized systems.(Don't remeber the specs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound

Mark Twain
Old 11-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #70
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
yep thats the one. i have 4 of those, with different specs, newer and older. man i wish i had bought the altair that i almost got one time..... that thing is PIMP!! i also have a IBM pc xt 286 still in the original box from IBM. i have a bunch of apples, II's, macs, mac portables, quadra 950 still in the original box. also have several pc xt's of the 8086 type, i have 5-6 ibm pc keyboards to go with the xt's that are basicly brand new, the quark on the bottom has never been touched and they have so marks and what not on the paint or keys. i have the ibm pcjr that was made from laptop parts as well as the "chicklet" keyboard for it, both in their original boxes and basicly brand new shape. i have a ibm pc server 500 from the 90's that has close to 15-20 hot-swap scsi drive bays with micro channel hardware componants, and dual 90mhz pentium 1's. i have a ibm pc portable (not sure of that name) basicly a large laptop from ibm from the PS/2 era, several ibm servers, from that era as well and a 19" IBM monitor from '92ish that was used for graphics design that has the multiple connectors on the back of it (not sure the name of this kind of display connectors) as well as the micro channel video card to go with it. i have LOTS more gems including a copy of the version of windows before 3.1 that is still unopened and has the old microsoft logo that has the strange O in micro. lots more, in the spring i will be making a list and trying to get rid of some of this stuff cause i just can't be paying to have this stuff locked up anymore and don't have the space here at home.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:29 PM   #71
jeffrie
Addict

65 % more nerdy
35% less nerdy
http://www.nerdtests.com/images/ft/nq.php?val=2606
not nerdy but definatly not hip

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #72
Raging Lamb
?

I am nerdier than 24% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

sick.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:28 AM   #73
Gamite

My computer geek score is greater than 70% of all people in the world! How do you compare? Click here to find out!

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Pretty Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:33 AM   #74
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
I am nerdier than 64% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #75
Razkal
6th Gear Member

Here's mine:

69% scored higher (more nerdy), and
31% scored lower (less nerdy).

Need any assistance branding your company/services? :
http://www.bluemouse.ca