Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #16
M3speed
6th Gear Member

i am getting it, i've had money down since September!! can't wait!
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:21 PM   #17
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnow
whoa! Halo 2 is an amazing game - hands down, how come it didn't live up to your expectations?
this is going to sound so geeky but who cares. I play strictly for online play...Halo 1 requires a lot more skill than Halo 2...Halo 2 online play doesnt come close to Halo 1 (XBOX Connect on PC then connect XBOX to router and voila Halo 1 with online multiplayer for free...as well as every other game that supports System Link). Halo 2 jus pick up a shank and go crazy, you got tards spamming the mic like crazy and people jus lag soo much...
Halo 1 required ACTUAL SKILL, shoot 2 shots with the pistol and ur dead (1 in the heart 1 in the head), but again its extremely difficult to pull it off. Its like playing CS 1.6, then playing Source...source is for noobs...halo 2 is for noobs...
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #18
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///eP
halo 3 is due the exact day the ps3 is out, just to disrupt ps3 sales hehe. cant wait for the new halo.
it will fudge things up but unfortunately Halo 3 is gonna be the same thing, find the other 4 Rings and destroy them (sorry if i spoiled it but you find this out at the end of Halo 2) but you'll only end up destroying 1 ring each volume(Halo 1, the first ring, Halo 2, the second ring etc...). I dont see how they can make any more diff changes (already can grab 2 weapons, can hitch a ride on other vehcs), it would be cool (yes i said it) if they allow you to control the Halo to destroy the other Halo's! But even if they pull some crazy stuff for Halo 3, I'm not gonna buy XBOX 360 until i see some better games coming out for it, not worth spending $600 just for 1 game...
Old 11-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #19
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Halo 3 rumors:
* Dark & gritty storyline
* Online co-op campaign for 2+ players
* Multiplayer bot scenarios
* 50+ players on Live!
* New editions of Zanzibar, Sidewinder & Hang Em High
* Map editor
* Movie editor
Old 11-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #20
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

i never got into game consoles, never liked xbox games (including halo, probably cause i only played once or twice)... and the only ps2 games i liked were marvel vs capcom, and sports games (Nhl, nba, nfl..)... but i would never spend the money on a console, counter-strike was enough gaming time spent for me...

BUT, when xbox 360 and p3 drops, and you guy start selling your ps2, i'lll be ready to buy... for 1 reason, and 1 reason only.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #21
sirex
King Sirex

isn;t the xbox 360 retailing for 600$?
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #22
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
i pre orderded mine, but decided that i would wait till i can get one with a mod chip installed cause i can't stand using disks and also like to download the games b4 i actually buy them. i got screwed so many times with crap games that i always d/l b4 i buy, saved me a few times. i will proly just rent one when i want to play it, that works out fine for me since i prefer pc for the most part. yes the system is around that sirex, mine, the core system was around 574$ incl. tax and with the bundle that most people are getting, with the 2 or 3 games, 2 controllers, dvd remote, xbox live 1 year silver and so on its just nudgeing over 600$ cdn incl. tax. i recommend that unless you have it preordered or you just have to have it NOW, wait till the spring or thereabouts and you will see it drop to around at least 300-400$ if not a bit less for the core pkg. they always jack the price up when the system comes out to make the most money, then once the christmas season goes they will drop the price to get more people to buy one and then eventually once the PS3 comes out you will see it drop again to make those who havn't got one, get it instead of the PS3. seen it happen every time, and so i just wait now. i got one of the first ps2's in canada back in the day (which fell apart) and payed out the nose for it, 600$ plus tax, now look at them, you can get a nice used one for like 50-100$ if that and a new one for like 150$ or so. same with xbox and GCN.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf

Last edited by Hound; 11-07-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #23
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

yea i remember my XBOX cost $650 the day it came out...it wasn't a complete waste of money, but it wasnt the best use of $650 either
Old 11-08-2005, 01:15 AM   #24
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
I will always be a Xbox fan only because it has Halo. I can't tell you how much I my life I have wasted with my buddies playing 4 on 4 halo.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:49 AM   #25
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER
I will always be a Xbox fan only because it has Halo. I can't tell you how much I my life I have wasted with my buddies playing 4 on 4 halo.
i can relate

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: