Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-06-2005, 01:56 AM   #16
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Just came back from the film, and i must admit.....

It was good..... i like it cause its not your typical war movie, you realize that most of the war is within the the individuals. Such a shame what so many are going through still.... for ****in oil!!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:02 AM   #17
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny
To each his own.

The "homosexual viewpoint" is just pathetic. Too bad no one has insightful opinions as to why they disliked this movie.

Insightful??? And what, you saying the movie was amazing is insightful, to who???

at least I said it was an uneventful movie for an uneventful war.

The Gulf war was the most pathetic war ever. Most of the American casualities were from friendly fire. I didn't need to spend 2 hours of life watching marines sit around and play foot ball. I was not excited nor impressed by the whole girlfriend/wife issue that the marines faced with their wives and girlfriends leaving them.

I was not impressed with Jamie Foxx's acting. Seems like he old took the job to hold a replica M16 A2 assualt rifle and dress up in military gear.

I was not impressed by the whole crying scene that takes place when they dont get to sniper shot an officer. OOH boooo hoooo hooo. YOU ARE A ****ING MaN why are you crying for not being able to shoot someone. Hes lucky the marines didn't send him to the Artic for some cold weather traininig. Honestly was he under that much mental anguish for not being able to shoot someone. Further more who cares??? Did this part make you guys realize the marines job is hard?

The boot camp part at the begining. Wow, what a shitty drill instructor. Were you impressed by this?? I sure wasn't. Full MEtal JAcket does a 100000000000 times better job at portraying boot camp at the marine corps. Instead we have this pussy drill instructor trying to act tough.

The part when they get to go on TV and talk to the reporter. WOW, that was 10 minutes of uselessness. No one says anything useful.... I love my country.. Thats great, but I dont want to see a movie about how 4 marines love their country and thats why they joined. Infact I dont think there is a single individual who wouldn't say that. So what, am I suppose to applaud the producer for putting this part in??

So yeah, wow it did a greattttttttt job at showing us the emotions bored marines go through...... Like I said at the begining.. But applauding this movie and calling it amazing well its quite the opposite. This movie is mediocore at best. Amazing movies, move you. They tell an exciting story that doesn't put you to bed. Same with good movies.

I think the reason why the most of you liked this movie to begin with is because a) its a war movie, b) it has the marines running around being all bad ass with camo gear and machine guns.

If you want to see a war movie about a group of men that work together and die together, and the mental effects of the war on the men, then watch the Band of Brothers collection like stated. Thats a real war movie for a very real war.

I know people have differences of opinion.. No shit. But Im telling you how I found it.. AND now Im telling you why I found it to be complete shit and waste of time. If you go and watch it and find it amazing, thats great.. But maybe some of you, that like to spend 2 hours of your life watching an eventful movie will be saved by my post...

Infact its not just 2 hours of your life... its more then that... The time it gets ready, the travel time to the theatre.. It takes me about 3 hours in total to see a 2 hour movie..... 3 hours of my life taken away.

Last edited by sirex; 11-06-2005 at 10:09 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #18
Jari
4th Gear Member

I thought that movie was right up there with the top 3 or 4 shittiest movies I've ever seen. To sum it up, It's a war movie with no war. Repeat NO WAR. Nothing happens. Just when you think there might be some sniper action........ zzzzzz. Unless you like spending money and waste 2 hours of your life to see the homo scenes then don't bother. Those of you who liked it, please tell us the good parts.
Jari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:46 AM   #19
rhythm
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Just came back from the film, and i must admit.....

It was good..... i like it cause its not your typical war movie, you realize that most of the war is within the the individuals. Such a shame what so many are going through still.... for ****in oil!!
I agree, you see things from a different POV. It was long, but an eye opener. I thought it was going to be a commercial for the american army as well, but it was anything but.

When the movie ended, the audience was speachless. It took a while for everyone to get up.
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:22 AM   #20
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

i haven't seen the movie yet, but i definately will..

and as far as the war movie with no war. from the info i've gathered, is that it's NOT a war movie. it's to demonstrate the aspects of war that aren't combat.

Johnathon Rosenbaum from the Chicago Reader is the one that gave it a 1 out of 5 stars. but than again, he gave saving private ryan 1 star too, so his review is irrelevant.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:40 AM   #21
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:05 AM   #22
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm
I agree, you see things from a different POV. It was long, but an eye opener. I thought it was going to be a commercial for the american army as well, but it was anything but.

When the movie ended, the audience was speachless. It took a while for everyone to get up.

Im speechless by all of your opinions. ... , seriously how did this open your eyes up??? and what exactly did it open them too??

Are you telling me you didn;t know the Gulf war was stupid useless shit? That Marines are people too and deal with the same life crisises that we deal with?????????? ( e.g women?)

Im confused.. Telll me which part opened your eyes up... Telll me what was the different point of view that was so awwww inspiring to give this movie more then 1 star as some of you believe????

Oh yeah and just so you know Saving Private Ryan wasn't the greatest plot driven movie either. THe only reason why so many people loved it, is because men particulalrly get ****ing hard ons durings combat scenes. Other then people get mowed down by mg 42's and being blown to smitherines by artillery shells the movie didn't have much going for it.

I think this post has been an eye opener to me. People dont know what good movies are, and keep feeding holywood with the idea that the shit they produce is good.. When in fact it is not.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 AM   #23
rhythm
3rd Gear Member

Relax. Saving Private Ryan was about the war, Jarhead wasn't so much. The movie shows how a soilder deals with war on a personal level. It's an opinion, if you didn't like the movie too bad. I did, is that ok with you?
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:40 AM   #24
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm
Relax. Saving Private Ryan was about the war, Jarhead wasn't so much. The movie shows how a soilder deals with war on a personal level. It's an opinion, if you didn't like the movie too bad. I did, is that ok with you?
EACTLY!!

It wasn't about war, get over it, and appreciate what the movie was actually about!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #25
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I saw an amazing movie 2 days ago, "Leon"... Im still thinking about it..

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #26
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Watch the movie, 'Crash'. I thought it was really well written. It shows things that go on in real life situations, and just how everyones action, creates a reaction that in the end, will tie back to yourself, in some point in time. Another good movie thats from a while back, 'Life as a house'.

These are movies that are deep and have some meaning.

Jarhead, just seemed to be US Propaganda, what else is new with the US.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #27
sonny
6th Gear Member

If rhythm and soldomatic understood the "point" of the movie, I can sleep at night knowing there are other human beings who don't need gunfire, blood and death to justify watching a "war movie".

I don't think Jarhead was US propaganda. How could this be when the soldiers disagreed with protecting the oil. One soldier said "forget about politics". After watching this movie, I have no inclination to join the marines or army. Propaganda is meant to lure you into something...
Old 11-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #28
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny
If rhythm and soldomatic understood the "point" of the movie, I can sleep at night knowing there are other human beings who don't need gunfire, blood and death to justify watching a "war movie".

I don't think Jarhead was US propaganda. How could this be when the soldiers disagreed with protecting the oil. One soldier said "forget about politics". After watching this movie, I have no inclination to join the marines or army. Propaganda is meant to lure you into something...
Thats true, but it can lure you AWAY from it too. Those die hard ARMY obbsesed americans might call this movie Propaganda as well cause its incorrect and tries to show people the 'false' side of the army!

I think this movie was amazing... its just a damn shame to see that its still going on, and to see what these poor kids are going though, and how they still have problems at home to deal with on top of al the shit going on. I thought it was an excellent film..... you don't have to LIKE the movie, but at least UNDERSTAND the movie if your gonna call it shit sirex!!
Old 11-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #29
M3speed
6th Gear Member

i watched the movie on sunday! i reallllllyyyy enjoyed it! thought it was different! Good story! some funny moments! 4 out of 5 in my opinion !
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #30
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

yeah this is going to get off topic

but indeed, Leon the Professional is an awsome movie, reumor had it natalie portman was supposed to be making a sequel, but i have no clue if that was official.

and Crash i saw last month, loved the movie, amazing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: