Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-29-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
McF3
M Performance Man

Wheel Spacers For 18" M Performance Wheels on 05 330 Ci>>>

I am picking up my 2005 330 Ci next Saturday with the M Performance Package on the car. I was considering getting some wheel spacers to push the rear wheels out toward the lip. I am wondering if anyone has done this mod, what brands are preferred, and finally, what size should I get? Anyone with pics, please post with opinions.

Thanks in advance,
~Darren
McF3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:24 AM   #2
Cabrio
2nd Gear Member

Rogue Engineering 15mm spacer should work for the rear. You are running 245 in the rear, right?

19" Axis Supermesh, Hartge Front, AC Schnitzer Rear, LED Rears, M3 Side Mirrors, M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler, Mrs. Chiu's Halos, Body Colour Front Bumper Reflectors, Clear front corner and side indicators + Solaris bulbs, M3 Front Strut Bar
Cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #3
McF3
M Performance Man

Actually, I will be running a 255 18" tire.

Also, I was wondering if I will need new wheel bolts, and finally where will I be able to access these spacers/bolts in Canada (specifically the Toronto area), and what do they run for cost?

Will there be any performance issues or risks? I know on my Mustang, they were not advised so I just bought 10.5" rims and mounted 315 tires, but I would like to maintain the stock rims on my BMW.

Thanks again.
~Darren
McF3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
rendered
6th Gear Member

I'd also like to know if this mod will work and if it will be safe for my 04 Mperformance 330ci
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:35 PM   #5
Cabrio
2nd Gear Member

MysticMcF & rendered> If u guys are running 255 in the rear already the absolute maximum u could use would be 10mm.

Do u plan to slam your cars? If u do I'm pretty sure it would rub the rear bumper clip in the wheel well when the car goes into a big dip.

IMO 255 looks really nice and aggressive already.

Usually extended bolts come with spacers. They did when I bought mine.

As for where you could get them, I dunno. Sorry can't help u there.

19" Axis Supermesh, Hartge Front, AC Schnitzer Rear, LED Rears, M3 Side Mirrors, M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler, Mrs. Chiu's Halos, Body Colour Front Bumper Reflectors, Clear front corner and side indicators + Solaris bulbs, M3 Front Strut Bar
Old 10-31-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
rendered
6th Gear Member

thanks man! you have a beautiful looking cab!

YOu're right, I plan to install some PSS9 Blisteins, and DPE 19's and slam it in the summer... 255 looks very aggressive! I'm stil trying to figure out if I can fit an m3 front bumper without any modifactions?! LOL
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:55 PM   #7
Cabrio
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered
thanks man! you have a beautiful looking cab!

You're right, I plan to install some PSS9 Blisteins, and DPE 19's and slam it in the summer... 255 looks very aggressive! I'm stil trying to figure out if I can fit an m3 front bumper without any modifactions?! LOL
Thank you.

if u run DPE 19's with 265 in the rear is absolutely no problem as they use a custom offset that will not rub and they even clear BBK! Bluesky over at TE is running that configuration (R06 Variant S). With PSS 9 as well!

M3 front conversion needs modification, not too difficult as far as I know. Just make sure u get a '01 bumper as '02 and up requires the CF re-bar and it's gonna cost u a bit. With the '01 u can reuse your re-bar.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: