Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-02-2005, 10:46 PM   #16
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5HogTown
Just download iTunes and import the mp3's off your computer. iTunes will erase the songs on the iPod and write the songs from your computer. iTunes will not allow you to retrieve the music from the iPod (to prevent piracy), you will need software from a 3rd party if you want to do this.

FYI... if the iPod was formatted for a Mac, you will need to format it for a PC before you can use it.
well then how come ppl say you can take ur ipod places as a 'harddrive' and transfer files from pc to pc

is there a specific other software for this or what
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:35 PM   #17
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
^^ in that case all you do is drag and drop into the "removeable drive" that show up in my computer. there is a file struckture there, and you just put it into the folder you want it in. @ niko_gt you may need to get the ipod drivers, i know when i got mine it came with a cd that has windows drivers. if you need them let me know and i will try and host the cd somewhere

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:54 PM   #18
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound
^^ in that case all you do is drag and drop into the "removeable drive" that show up in my computer. there is a file struckture there, and you just put it into the folder you want it in. @ niko_gt you may need to get the ipod drivers, i know when i got mine it came with a cd that has windows drivers. if you need them let me know and i will try and host the cd somewhere
yup i needed service pack 4 + the driverse off the apple side, im updating the ipod as we speak

thanks for all the help guys,

as far as drag / drop works, i can back transfer files safely? thats awesome! removable hard drive giggity giggity goo!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #19
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
well, as the one guy said you cannot transfer back the mp3 once they are on there, but yes you can put anything else that you can put on a hdd and download it w/e, as long as you have space. what version is this, is it a bigger one with like 20-40gb or a mini or nano? have fun with it, and if you need more help, through up another thread or w/e and im sure one of us can help you.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 AM   #20
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Thank God I bought a Creative Zen over an iPod. Its so easy to use, and I can transfer songs back and fourth. I can use it as a harddrive, can put movies, files, etc. Up to 5gig. And its got a radio tuner, along with some other features.

I wonder why apple is making their product, so non-user friendly, instead they are making it difficult. I understand the whole piracy thing, but what if you rip a legit CD to your harddrive, and want to put it on your player? Love my Zen.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:45 PM   #21
X5HogTown
Goin' Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
well then how come ppl say you can take ur ipod places as a 'harddrive' and transfer files from pc to pc

is there a specific other software for this or what
You can use your iPod as a hard drive, you just can't see the music files as they're hidden. You can defeat this by using 3rd party software.

Mac
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...inkpod-04-pr1/

Windows (this is one of many)
http://www.vonnieda.org/vPod/
Old 11-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #22
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5HogTown
You can use your iPod as a hard drive, you just can't see the music files as they're hidden. You can defeat this by using 3rd party software.

Mac
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...inkpod-04-pr1/

Windows (this is one of many)
http://www.vonnieda.org/vPod/
thanks for the link
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: