Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-18-2002, 05:44 PM   #1
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I raced a Diablo SE with my Ninja ZX-7 (long)

Okay, True story... about 5 years ago I was leaving Motronix on my done-up '93 Kawasaki ZX-7. Driving N/B on Martin Grove I stopped at HWY #7 to make a left. The light turned green and just then I noticed a Purple 30th Anniversary Lamborghini Diablo SE three cars in front also turning! Once on 7, I caught up to it at the (Texas Pit) red light (we were each behind a car) I look over at the driver and point forward requesting a race... he knods "YES" and my heart starts to POUND. The light turns green and the car in front of him moves over and his rears breaks loose at like 50KM/H! I'm in awww and forgot to accelerate myself! Traffic is moderate and doesn't let us play until we're on the 427 S/B. That's when he opens it up. I'm beside him at 10,000rpm (my powerband) and he's walking away from after 180km/h. His exhaust is so loud I can't hear ANYTHING else. By 240km/h he's about 4 car lenghts in front of me and still leaving me! Well, that's the last I saw of him. I maintained a constant 200+km/h and by the time we reached the airport I was coming around the first bend (by Dixon Rd.) and he was already out-of-sight! I later saw the car up close (@JR Performance) and was able to talk to the owner.... His name is Jimmy, and is the son of the Royal Plastic's owner. The car has over 600hp with headwork, higher compression pistons, and straight exhaust. What a rush. I'd like to meet him now with my GSX-R 1000!.... we'll see who pulls away from who!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg se3010.jpg (96.7 KB, 456 views)

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 12-23-2002 at 01:02 PM.
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 06:58 AM   #2
Gamite

Damn, thats sick!

Tell us more stories with your E30, I'm sure you got lots!

Last edited by Gamite; 01-19-2002 at 07:02 AM.
Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 12:19 PM   #3
M3Pilot
2nd Gear Member

I love Diablo's but it's not very often thzt you see them on the roads. That big V12 sounds awesome too!

" If it all seems under control, your just not going fast enough!!!"
M3Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 03:42 PM   #4
Lil'Smoothie

keep em coming empowered

'story time with randy sparre'
Old 02-05-2002, 12:34 AM   #5
Darius540i
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Darius540i
HEY I RACED A DIABLO ONCE!!!

Ok so I was turning right onto leslie from york mills... I was with my good friend and this is just after I got my car (540i) and he was wanting to find a pick up race so we are just dricing around for 5 mins and the diablo turns left onto leslie just as we turned right. So I wait for him to catch upto us... (we turned first) and as he comes beside us I wave at him go fast!!
Kinda like this... "GOOO GOOO"

So he takes off!! Haha, IT WAS INSANE! HE KILLED ME! I was going like 160 with him and he was toying with me... Haha, I was full pedal down and I was getting messed with! Then he turned onto Donmills and I followed him to banbury until he went onto The bridal path (spelling?!)

I lost him then because we ran into a friend from school taht wanted to see my car... his car was BRIGHT YELLOW! SIICKKK! Haha, prrr... I want it BAD!
*drunk*

Anyways... thats my story... So randy's not the only one with a diablo story! haha.. IT WAS A RUSH!
Happened last summer

"Everytime I hear an inline 6 I get horny" -Mike
Darius540i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 05:09 PM   #6
Phantom
Automation geek

Well at least it was a Lambo'. I was taught a stern lesson on the 410 by a friend of mine in his '95 5.0 v8 Mustang. I knew I didn't stand a chance but wanted to know if he had the guts to race. We got on the 410 from Courtney PK and headed south. He gunned it in the merging lane and took off before I even had time to switch gears. I went through all my gears quickly and slowly came up on him (or so I thought) not realizing he had reduced speed. So I pass him at about 210km/h feeling pretty smug. Next thing I know he passes me like I'm not even moving.. In less than 30 seconds all I see are 2 little red dots for tail lights in the distance.......

Yes I know my car wasn't designed to race American Muscle Cars, but it was tons of fun

I've therefore rearranged my Christmas wish list for 2002
1. E46 BMW M3 (Euro Specs)
2. 4 months off work with pay at double time and a half.
3. My wife and son at her mothers for the 4 months in question
4. The most advanced Radar detector in the world
5. More 'Cop friends'
6. A high ranking Judge for an uncle.
7.Professor Sibals "10 minute lock pick guide" ( to get out of jail cells)
8. Tea/Coffee at Timmys for 2 hours with Mr. X from getaway in Stockholm.
9.Brianna Banks (did I spell that right ?)
10.Another race on the 410 with a certain Mustang.
Old 02-13-2002, 12:24 AM   #7
Phantom
Automation geek

Didn't say I did. Just would like to have one. Beating Mustangs is an added bonus.............

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: