Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-25-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
M3NTALM3
2nd Gear Member

RMS the TRUTH IS INSIDE PLEASE READ

First things first, when your done, sign the petition, thanks..
The car will be tuned by someone else and you guys will all see it @ a meet soon, its not in the hands of RMS now.

RMS: MARCH 25,2005 7:00pm EASTERN time
The Truth
hello,

my name is Chris Saccoccia, owner of the chrome m3. But im not really here to talk about me and my car, although I will have to in a minute so if you will please bear with me. I'm speaking as a concerned voice of the performance tuning world, trying to do what I feel is best for everybody esle who loves it as much as I do... keep it as professional, as REAL as it should be. My project started about 14 months ago when the car finally went away for winter in early Jan 04. I worked on it vigerously for the next 10 months. my goal was to drive my car to sema, in november. I worked through the various set backs and pitfalls that plague everybody who modifies there car, and with only a month until the show, my car was painted, interior/roll cage installed. Even my rims were on. Just finishing touches being done on the multimedia. Great... one problem. NO engine. The engine was some 2500km away in the hands of Osh Minelian, the Director of RMS. I managed to get the car to Osh with just under 3 weeks to sema. Since he had received my engine in early april, 04, Osh surprised me when he said it would be tough, but then reassured that I would be able to drive my car to Sema with the time we had left. "just remember to bring the remaining 50% of the money" Osh reminded me. When I arrived in Los Angeles 3 days before Sema, I was disappointed to see that although the engine looked prim and proper, it couldn't run. Unfortunately, quite a few neccesarry parts were missing. (Most were recovered at a local shop that had mis-hanlded them.).. Most. However, things like an ecu, a mass air flow sensor, and throttlebody vaished into thin air, along might I add a shipment of pedals and shiftknobs from Eisenhaus intended to be installed for their Sema exhibit. Eisenhaus trakced the package through UPS and in fact, it was delivered to RMS and signed by one of there employees. Nothing was ever found ....Sema was done, but the car needed to be finished. "When i get the parts after Sema, i'll need 3 weeks TOPS to have it running properly for ya, buddy! I'll fax a progress report over to your office at the end of next week" Osh said. Wow. And it came, too. The report listed a breakdown of remaining tasks on the car, and a projected date of completion. Dec 23rd. An early january, friday pick up was agreed upon. It was Friday the 14th. One week before the intended pick-up date Osh stalled again. He has and continues to make excuse after excuse trying to buy himself more time from waiting on the powder coating guy, to his welder he's used up just about everyone possible, week after week after week. I've heard it all! Someone even e mailed me pictures of my chrome m3, parked outside betwen other cars like a sardine! It was left outside for almost 2 MONTHS with NOBODY touching it, let alone WORKING on it, even the hood was left up in the pouring rain to expose my engine! Im completely fed up, and with the weather starting to change, I want my car back! Concerned, I jumped on a plane Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at approx 10:30 pm Toronto Eastern Standard Time. Upon my arrival in Los Angeles, I headed straight for RMS. Unfortunately I did not have the element of surpise, becuase I was affraid of arriving at RMS late enough that they would be closed. Osh was informed that I would be there, and had a good 2 hours to make his business look respectable. I was met by smiling faces, and a more importantly an un-finished project car. Osh gave me a ride back to the airport for my 9PM (Central Time) flight back home the same day I arrived. During our time alone, we had a heart to heart. We went through the whole situation, and I was willing to let everything go if I could just get the quality product that I had paid for, in full, long ago. I explained to Osh that I wanted the car to go to Washington DC at the end of this month. He looked me in the eyes and said "sorry you had to come all the way down here to check up, kiddo. Really you didn't have to... but don't worry we will have the car ready for you next wednesday" (March 20/05). When i got home it felt like some of the weight had been lifted. I set up the transport company and checked in with RMS everyday up to wednesday, receiving pleasing reports the whole time. Today is FRIDAY MARCH 25h. The truck my car was SUPPOSED to be on left RMS and went to San Diego with no chrome m3! Osh called me this morning trying desperately to buy himself more time. Not to mention he had the shipping company leave and come back to buy himself an extra day assuring the company that I personally would be more than happy to fit the 900 dollar waiting fee!!! I've been hearing the same tired excuses for the past 16+ weeks of the supposed 3 week project. I've had enough. I blatently told Osh that the car was leaving his shop, and he had the nerve to threaten me by telling me I would receive a lawyers letter from him absolving him from ALL RESPONSABILITY pertaining to my car because he was not given sufficient time to complete the project!!!! Osh has been given all the time in the world and every dollar asked for since November 2004. Now if you're supposed to be a professional, claiming to be the best in the industry, I should have been driving my car a long time ago. Angry, and at the end of my rope, I had the transport company confiscate my car from RMS' shop and it's now heading down to Washington Dc. NOT running after the've had my engine since april 04, and the rest of the car November, 04. There is no excuse for this situation... not even one that Osh can think up. There has been no wrong doing on my part, accept in trusting my last 14 months of work in the hands of an incapable establishment. This is the kind of hassle 31000 USD bought me, from RMS. Actions will be taken to repremand this situation, and I'm here speaking to you to let everybody know exactly what kind of people they will be dealing with if they decide to entrust their hard earned money, and beloved machinery to the likes of RMS and Osh Minelian. Oh and for all you hardcore Mini enthousiasts out there.... don't be fooled by RMS' Mini performance program headed up under the name " Gintani Mini Works " New name. Same " professionals ".
Heres a link to there BBB rating. No surprises here, I wish I would have seen/known all this before I sent my engine down there.
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...D=13066934&sm=

Sincerely,

Chris Saccoccia
If anybody wishes to contact me, feel free to email me at ckris_s@hotmail.com i'll be more than happy to answer any questions or go into more detail about my unsavory situation. If you wish to contact RMS, considering Osh is always ready to come up with some kind of excuse. Lets see him try to explain this one. 818 778 6106.

Please take a second and sign this petition against RMS. If you don't want to do it for me, do it for other BMW/Mini enthusiasts. Your helping out your community here, the more signatures we get, the better. Thanks..
http://www.petitiononline.com/RMS/petition.html

07 X5 4.8i Black/Black
http://www.cardomain.com/id/M3NTALM3
M3NTALM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

hey man ill sign the thing uve put tons of cash into the m3 but i also bet uve given him enought cash ! anyways i hope u all the best man !
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Signed! I can't believe that a company like RMS would do something like this. Well word of mouth will catch up and they will be out of buisness if they keep this crap up.

Example:

There was this air ride shop in St. Catharines called SLC (Street Level Creations) and they pissed off alot of customers they had and pissed off alot of customers I sent to them to get quotes. Well now they are closed.

To be honest they did good work......when they did actually do work. But it shows you that you can be the best but customer service is key to a successful buisness.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

wow that sucks, id be so pissed.... so where the car will be finished now, or will it be finish with RMS or other tuner?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:52 PM   #5
Gamite

are you going to take legal action for services not rendered?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:58 PM   #6
M3NTALM3
2nd Gear Member

Yes Gamite!
Anyways, me and dan are going down to Washington DC next week, the car is on it's way to DADOS house, and we're going to get this thing running. It DOES run, its got a 7500rpm limiter for break in, theeres just a problem w/ some sensors. I've wanted to post all this for a while, but my car was still @ RMS, now that its gone I can say what I want.
07 X5 4.8i Black/Black
http://www.cardomain.com/id/M3NTALM3
M3NTALM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:03 PM   #7
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

signed number 24, good luck
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:07 PM   #8
SickFinga

Don't want to sound like an asshole, Chris, but I knew this would happen. When Danny told me they lost your ECU, I told him thats not the first screw up in RMS history and refered him to other forums with more reviews.

I bought RMS headers for my car, but I didnt order it directly through RMS, I did it through a close Osh's friend that somehow can influence him to keep his shit together.

Take it to AA to finish Osh's work, not sure what you can do at Dado's house.

Last edited by SickFinga; 03-25-2005 at 11:30 PM.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:29 PM   #9
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

O F@CK, I paided for the kit at sema and it's still at his shop. It was supposed to come down with your car

I'm sorry to hear that happened. I guess I have to start making some phone calls.
Sickbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:53 PM   #10
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
i thought osh got the boot months ago and is now working for a completly different company?
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:59 PM   #11
raffa
2nd Gear Member

Is that M3 engine that RMS was building for you? I think that you would be better of swaping M5 engine, and I don't see it costing you $31K USD. Don't get me in the wrong way I just want to understand what were they doind to the engine & would it be better to use M5 engine instead?

P.S. I hope that you recover your $$$,and that you finish your project.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:00 AM   #12
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
i thought osh got the boot months ago and is now working for a completly different company?

LOL and where did you hear that?

Osh owns RMS, can get fired, unless he fires himself.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:09 AM   #13
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
i know he owns RMS but i was readin on bimmerforums a few months ago rms shut down.... "for renovations" then when the opened up he wasnt there n e more
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:07 AM   #14
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

that sucks dude and hope your car gets tuned right...............signed...........good luck with it.........
Old 03-26-2005, 01:10 AM   #15
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

damn, thats twisted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: