Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Performance & Software
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #76
boomer
1st Gear Newbie

I am interested in your AA system. I have a 1996 328i. I would like to know exactly what else I need for the system to function correctly on my car. How much exactly is the software? I don't want any suprises or piston ring failure. Why exactly did your rings fail anyway? Was it a detonation issue? You can email me at boomincaraudio@yahoo.ca thanks
Old 02-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #77
JazzM
6th Gear Member

The reason for failure was a bad installation. The installer who put the kit on ended up boosting my crank case hence the reason for blown rings. Make sure you get it installed correcty.

You will need software for your kit. There are several options that you have with regards to that. Locally you can go through either MarkD (on this board) or even superchips. Otherwise you can send your ECU for programming to AA.

Other than that you won't need anything else. Again, can't stress enough how important it is to get a competent mechanic to install this kit for your if you're not mechanically inclined. Installation instructions are also included on CD. Installation is estimated to take about 12 Hrs.

T.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #78
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
So the chip (not the ECU) isn't included with the kit?
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 02-08-2006, 07:29 PM   #79
JazzM
6th Gear Member

I'm throwing in my ECU as well... if the new owner can make use of it that's good. In order for them to use the ECU they will need to work out the issue with EWS (disable it, etc..). The ECU/software is for a 2.8L application.

It'll probably be easier, faster and better to just simply get your own software...

T.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:05 AM   #80
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
The reason for failure was a bad installation. The installer who put the kit on ended up boosting my crank case hence the reason for blown rings. Make sure you get it installed correcty.
What exactly do you mean by ".. boosting my crank case"?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #81
JazzM
6th Gear Member

One of the vacuum lines from your intake manifold goes to the crank cast to provide vacuum. The installer didn't block that line off as was specified in the instructions. Hence when the boost hit, it would also presurize the crank case.

T.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #82
Furious
BMW again.

im assuming that all the piping and what not was actually for an M3 and just the software was set up for a 328? im only asking because ive contacted AA and said that if the kit was for a 328, that it wont bolt onto my car's engine

.. .basically was this a 328 kit? or an M3 kit to start?

Last edited by Furious; 02-09-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #83
JazzM
6th Gear Member

2.8 kit. The 2.8 and M3 kits are the same, only difference is the software.

T.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #84
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
2.8 kit. The 2.8 and M3 kits are the same, only difference is the software.

T.
My installation CD outlines some minor differences in plumbing which you could probably fabricate out of exhaust tubing. Other than the s/w, the two applications are the same as far as I can see.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #85
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

Sorry, I forgot that the M3 also comes with a larger intercooler. The smaller bumper on the non-M cannot accomodate it.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #86
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Please not also this is a 2004 kit. The current kits on sold by AA are slightly different (and most likely used the same intercooler whereas presently the M3 has a slightly bigger one).

T.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:14 PM   #87
greekthang
6th Gear Member

JazzM not to kill your post but people have to be aware that are interested in buying this kit that if they need the software it will run them about $400-$500U.S. so add that onto the price of the supercharger. Needless to say though this supercharger kit sounds like its in great shape and a great deal. Free bump
Old 02-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #88
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Thanks, yes software is required to get the most from this kit and to properly tune it to your setup. PM's replied

T.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #89
JazzM
6th Gear Member

bump for the week

T.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #90
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
bump this ever get sold?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: