Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #46
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by myndgone
no kidding...anyone but Domi...lets face it, guy's useless..kinda like Neil in Ottawa...more useful to the opposing teams, spending half of their careers in the box...

U think domi is useless? he's probably the hardest working player on the bench. Did u even watch the playoffs last year? he was ALWAYS workin it hard in the corners. He may not be that skilled, but he works hard. (He didn't really show it last game, but he will, trust me).

The only problem last game was the line change ups. Quinn only had domi on the ice for like 7 mins.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #47
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
tucker is just one guy...

look at alfredsson, philips, neil, chara, smolinski...you're telling me tucker is dirty? might be the most hated, but not dirty...
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #48
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
U think domi is useless? he's probably the hardest working player on the bench. Did u even watch the playoffs last year? he was ALWAYS workin it hard in the corners. He may not be that skilled, but he works hard. (He didn't really show it last game, but he will, trust me).

The only problem last game was the line change ups. Quinn only had domi on the ice for like 7 mins.
hard working, yes..skilled, not quite...but i think u'll agree with me when i say its time for him to go, he's been around a few years and doesnt have much to show for...time for a fresh body, i think!
Old 10-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #49
Gamite

Toronto specifically hates alfredsson and chara because ottawa is our worst enemy. I don't think other teams feel the same way.

Tucker plays dirty but remains disciplined. remember the Corson Domi Tucker line? That was the most brutal line the leafs ever had. they pushed everyone around. But that's how the leafs are. Remember Quinn was an enforcer in his hay day.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #50
328iGuy
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I dunno if ottawa is the dirtiest players in teh game. Tucker is probably the most hated player to play against.

Ottawa always does great in the regular season, but their playoff skills are lacking. Playoffs are a whole different ballgame, u need to have pure grit, which is what the leafs have. We'll see how ottawa does this year with a new coach and some new players. I don't see the grit that they need however.
I agree, Ottawa is far from the dirtiest. A lot of people need to look in their own 'backyard'.

Also Ottawa does have the 'grit' they need I feel for this coming year, and now with McGratton on the team, he can't play hockey very well but did you see Domi run away from him the last pre-season game.

I mean Toronto has Perrott in that area which they went toe to toe, but then again they dont even have them in their lineup right now.....and for grit I mean Toronto has lost Roberts which was one of the grittiest players you had come the playoffs, I hope you don't think big "Mushead" Lindros or Allison will provide this?

Anyway no matter what, hockey is back boys and I am a proud fan of the NHL......
Old 10-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #51
Gamite

Quote:
hard working, yes..skilled, not quite...but i think u'll agree with me when i say its time for him to go, he's been around a few years and doesnt have much to show for...time for a fresh body, i think!
I dunno, he was pretty usefull in the playoffs, he plays hard when it counts. its only the first game, wait a week before we determine who's good or not.

Personally, the worst player I thought that was on the ice was Antropov. He had so many chances and he screwed up so many times.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #52
328iGuy
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
tucker is just one guy...

look at alfredsson, philips, neil, chara, smolinski...you're telling me tucker is dirty? might be the most hated, but not dirty...
How is Alfie, Phillips, Chara and Smolinski dirty?

Ask around the league and read like I said before on Sportsnet forums of OTHER team fans....see who people talk about being dirty, and I can guarantee it's not Ottawa!
Old 10-07-2005, 11:19 AM   #53
328iGuy
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I dunno, he was pretty usefull in the playoffs, he plays hard when it counts. its only the first game, wait a week before we determine who's good or not.

Personally, the worst player I thought that was on the ice was Antropov. He had so many chances and he screwed up so many times.
I agree he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat the other night. I mean we had that as well with F* Pothier on D on our Powerplays.......and Smolinski on F on the powerplays, give me a break!
Old 10-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #54
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iGuy
I agree, Ottawa is far from the dirtiest. A lot of people need to look in their own 'backyard'.

Also Ottawa does have the 'grit' they need I feel for this coming year, and now with McGratton on the team, he can't play hockey very well but did you see Domi run away from him the last pre-season game.

I mean Toronto has Perrott in that area which they went toe to toe, but then again they dont even have them in their lineup right now.....and for grit I mean Toronto has lost Roberts which was one of the grittiest players you had come the playoffs, I hope you don't think big "Mushead" Lindros or Allison will provide this?

Anyway no matter what, hockey is back boys and I am a proud fan of the NHL......
I was just reading some headlines, and Lindros is up on the #1 line now. So maybe this sundin injury will do some good. Allison is probably the best playmaker I've seen on the leafs since 92-93. Hopefully both stay healthy, ore we're fawked.

I think the biggest difference on ottawa will be its coach. He's either going to make or break the team. he needs to realize that ottawa needs to rough it up again.

I agree we lost so much with Roberts leaving us. When I watched the game on wednesday, you could see that the leafs didn't have what they once did. The new guys need to step it up.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #55
Gamite

Quote:
I agree he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat the other night. I mean we had that as well with F* Pothier on D on our Powerplays.......and Smolinski on F on the powerplays, give me a break!

With all the changes, I think all the teams are still trying to figure out the lines.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #56
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Quote:
i did...bunch of pussies now....

Quote:
I agree we lost so much with Roberts leaving us. The new guys need to step it up.
If they stay healthy, that is! we'll see what happens in the weeks to come..

feels good to watch the games again though...
Old 10-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #57
Gamite

yeah I think we can all agree that we're all glad that hockey is back.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #58
328iGuy
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
yeah I think we can all agree that we're all glad that hockey is back.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #59
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

ahhahaha
everyone is.. lol
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #60
shawbee40
1st Gear Newbie

I have to get a peace of this.... Oh man.... Ottawa is goingt o kick but this year... Not only Toronto's either... They won against the leafs when they weren't even playing well... No one was... Can u imagine what ti will be like when they play well... Oh... man.... And as for not having enough grit... HELLO.. Neil, McGratton and soon Varada, Chara... If that isn't grit then tell me what is... Ottawa is the BEST... GO SENS GO... Bam..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: